1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I just ordered my first dolls, so I’m going to be making plans for them. I want to start sewing clothes or at least practice. Eventually, I want to do my own face-ups, so I’m going to try to practice doing them as well. As for new dolls, I don’t have anything in mind yet, but eventually I want to get a body for my Little Enrill head. That also means buying accessories for him and possibly trying to make some as well.

2. I got most of my 2019 plans done, but some of them... did not happen. :XD: I do want to finish as many of my dolls as possible, which ends up looking like this:

Faceup (by me, but if a windfall allows it, I might think about comissioning): Dagny, Soujoubou, Ru, Tianzhu, Vissarion, Boris
      Eyes: Soujoubou (I have absolutely no idea what eyes to give him.)
      Wig: Tendaiji (I would buy it, but I think I have to make it.)
      Clothing: Dagny, Mugetsu, Ru, Tianzhu, Yourang (buying), Sayo (I want to die!!), Boris (so much pain!!)
      Mods: Dagny, Taotao, Sayo, Yourang
      Items: Tianzhu, Yourang (mostly horns/antlers)

Plus; some characters need information in their profiles, nice photographs, short stories being written about them... It looks like a lot, but I'm pretty sure I can do it, as long as I don't get wildly distracted by new dolls! Which, historically, has never happened at all.

3. Most of my plans are in flux right now.

Top priorities are:
      Redoing faceups and blushing on two of my oldest:
      They're Soom fantasy sets and currently in pieces as I had just gotten them cleaned up and face-ups started in Oct when I was offered a new position. The weather quickly turned bad to finish combined with time constraints.
      Sculpting:
      Gotta sit down and spend time finishing out one character's design, then seeing which program I want to work in (load of experience in Maya, 3dsmax, Softimage), just likely to pick up a open source one since I'm not planning on doing much more than this project. Then seeing about getting him printed and possibly one cast for myself made.

Lower priorities:
      Clean-up:
      As was my goal last year, we did get more space (bought a house!) so I have my own wreck-room for my art and dolls. I'm still getting it organized, going through old boxes, checking for wigs to sell, etc. Most of those wigs are now photographed and priced, I just need to list them.
      Clothing:
      My older dolls in particular could use updated clothes, either that I make or buy. More than likely my usual girl will steal the time for herself.
      Photo:
      Discovered info about a few areas in town I'd like to go do some photos at, hoping to do so.
      Acquisitions:
      I honestly never know if I'm going to end up picking anyone up. None planned, but even currently there are dolls out I'm interested in.

4. More updates! A lot has happened since I made my original list, everything is different now!

Dolls Arriving in 2020
      -Simply Meant to Be/obscure_kind BJD Dohwee (March 2020)

Purchasing:
      -smart doll gaia cortex kit
      -Rendds River, if he ever goes up for preorder
      -more clothes for Liam
      -jointed hands for Liam
      -Near's full outfit (including wig, eyes, clothes, shoes, etc)
      -commission nicer wig for Liam and forearm crutches for Near

Projects:
      Liam
      ~FTM chest mod (finished)
      ~dye body to match head (finished)
      ~faceup (finished, for now)
      ~hot glue sueding
      ~body blushing
      ~tattoos

Near
      ~hot glue sueding if necessary
      ~faceup
      ~body blushing

5. No more dolls! Finish selling some then start on clothes, wigs, shoes, furniture & accessories/ Downsizing stuff tremendously. Only a few dolls left that I want to sell, otherwise, I'm happy with my group.

I'd like to start sewing again, though my dolls already have so many clothes that I don't know what to make. Need to use up some fabric then thin that out too. (I know that's not directly a doll plan but t's connected because the fabric was bought for the dolls.)

Just have fun with what I have.

6. I'm hoping to shell 1 MSD whom I think I have figured out. If Twigling has an order for her Eloy head available , I'll be scooping one up and figure out an appropriate body after. Six out of seven dolls currently at home are waiting to get sealed and faces put on. Several of those have fairly extensive tattoos/body paint as well. I've got a few who's wigs are alright but not perfect so I think I'll try and get that settled. Mostly I want to focus on clothes, shoes, and accessories. I have some long term plans for getting some storage shelves put up and room box dioramas put together for the dolls to live in, but I'm not sure if that'll get done next year or the year after.

7. I did a really good job of not buying random dolls last year (I think I got two total) so I'm going to stick to my "No New Dolls" in 2020, and focus on the ones I have. A lot of them need work.

I do have parts I have to get. I have 1-3 bodies for heads that I need, which might cause me to need another head, and maybe some extra K heads because why stop at 7?!? *is hauled away cackling*

8. As someone mentioned in a previous post, I need to downsize first, BUUUUUUT I'm also planning on ordering some new dolls! I would really like to order some artist sculpted dolls, like one from Mithral Dolls, but we shall see how Christmas is looking first hehe.

9. I have to get new eyes for my old F-27 and fix whatever’s going on with his torso. Then I need to get my F-15 back in one piece.

Find a body for my Kill_U, get eyes, and get her her own clothes and probably wig. And plan her character somewhere in that!

Then do the same for DWC 2. Currently I have no plans for brand new dolls...

10. I have said "I'm done collecting new dolls" for a couple years' plans, and I keep breaking that. So let's stop saying that lol

• Sew more clothes
      • Do more face-ups
      • Maybe get one more Chubby Baby
      • Sell off 1 to 3 dolls for shelf space.
      • Start sewing for the SD BJD Con without cram sewing the end for once.

11. 2020 I'll be working on my current dolls
      (1 here and 1 just ordered)
      Hopefully be able to start / finish a shared diorama for the two of them.
      Would also like to practice my sewing skills but we'll see how that goes -.-

12. Reminders:

So back to my 2018's projects that never got finished or even started.
      I've amended the list slightly, but I must say I haven't progressed much.
      1. F60: vest, Beanies, medieval top, medieval shirt, pullovers - done -, trousers - done -, necklace - done -.
      2. Twigling/TL3: legwarmers, pullovers, jeans, leggings, dresses, wipe off her face up, new face up, dreadlock wig with beads.
      3. Timeless Body: shoes, boots, beach bracelets, tight top, tight vest, space tights, space headwear, space top, dress - done -.
      4. Feeple65: tighten fire wig, winter hat with long sides and pompom, long pullover, jacket, long-ish knitwear dress, skirt to wear with leggings, cheerful hood, brown shorts for steampunk outfit, weapon holder, steampunk/cyberpunk weapon, goggles/glasses.
      5. DC: boots, shoes, wig, tops.
      6. MSD: leggings, jeans/trousers, a basic top, skirt, sandals, dentelle shorts, short black wig, grey boots, shorts with working front and back pockets - done -
      7. YOSD: LTF new face up.
      8. Improve on face-ups.
      9. Tackle 'how to make boots'
      10. Tackle 'how to make wigs'.
      11. Tackle 'how to make eyes'.
      12. Tackle ''how to make a head with multiple eyes".
      13. Tackle 'how to make a BJD".
      Aim: SciFi outfit for Timeless body, outfit for TL3, Steampunk outfit for F65, 'cool' outfit for B60-005, Woodman/Archer/Medieval outfit for F60.

At the moment, I am concentrating on:
      13. How to make a BJD (it is so hard!)
      2. Twigling/TL3: legwarmers, pullovers, jeans, dresses, leggings, wipe off her face up, new face up, dreadlock wig with beads.

#112 Lilla, Nov 22, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    13. My plans for 2020 are just to stop putting so much pressure on myself to always have five doll projects on the backburner and enjoy my dolls at my own pace. More photography for funsies, less setting deadlines for myself in my off hours when I should be relaxing.

Also a couple of bodies if they don’t get bought/swapped out by the end of the year, but that’s it.

14. Although I want more dolls (what can I say, they are always captivating) I should focus on spoiling the dolls I already have. Also might attempt sculpting again, this time with a better understanding of how it works

15. Ohh I love these
      I'm planning to buy:
      :aheartbeaDoll Zone "Noel" Full set
      :aheartbeaSoul Doll "Joelle.D"
      :aheartbeaPossibly an AngelPhilia (though they're quite expensive)

Other plans:
      :apig:Start taking more photos!
      :apig:Be more active here (there's lots of fun stuff here)
      :apig:Maybe try to ease up on the doll purchasing outside of my plans haha

#115 Swifty, Nov 22, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    16. Meh, I'm not much of a planner - I really tend to go where the wind takes me. I do hope to finish up some dolls that I have, I want to get better at making wigs, and I already have a boy on order who's not supposed to arrive until June-ish, so I'm really looking forward to bringing him to life. But other than that...I think it's kind of exciting to wait and see what's around the bend. :)

17. I will hopefully have my Vian paid off before the end of the year, so she doesn't count.

There's a number of dolls I have my eyes on, but I haven't really been able to settle. But, in October I bought an older Super Dollfie with the intention of making it my 'project doll', where I will probably end up using here to learn how/practice stringing/restringing and try my hand at face-up work.

[​IMG]

But my big plans are mostly getting better at photographs and attend more doll meets. Also, hair-styling/posing factor into both of those.

18. My goal is to buy a Fairyland pukifee Zio in January, and a Supia minisup Hayul head + Fairlyland minifee a-line body in May. If Atelier Momoni opens up preorders again for Momonita in gamora, I will jump on that as well ♡

Edit: I found a secondhand Momonita in gamora! Waiting on her now ♡

#118 dancingkitsune, Nov 24, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    19. My goal is to complete one faceup that I'm satisfied with, and I have a couple dream dolls I'm hoping to be able to afford in the coming year.

If I feel confident enough in the faceup that I do, I'd really love to work on some for other people! So that's my 2020 doll goal :)

20. My list starting from first priority:

1) Either downsizing my current collection of 3 full dolls and two floating heads OR
      2) buying my floating heads dolls bodies
      3) buying a new doll body
      4) New faceups and body blushing for one full doll and floating heads
      5) buy clothes
      6) buy shoes

a lot of spending...yikes