1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Praying for there not to be any big discontinuation events this year. :eusa_pray

Going back to my original plan for last year that got sidetracked... That's getting at least 6 bodies for floating heads and at least 5-10 dolls face-upped.

2. I have to pay off 5 layaways *_*

3. Have plans to buy a head from MiracleDoll and some bodies for my floaties. Some of this will be on layaway, just not sure what yet.
      Have a ton of clothing to sew for my crew, along with faceups to paint and wigs to make. Will get to be a busy year.

4. I'll be paying off a few layaways through the new year and I hope I won't get tempted to get more dolls, but I have a feeling that's wishful thinking. :sweat

Apart from that, doing more faceups and making more wigs to improve myself are definitely in the cards. I'd also love to find a way to go to a BJD convention in the region! I've never been to one before. :whee:

5. I hope to buy a SD-sized girl and make her into a burlesque-inspired character. I will let it take time to find the perfect model for this one. And then plan her look. I think that is my plan for 2020!

6. -I need to do the custom for Nunkui.
      -Find a way to organize the doll shoes.
      -Try to take more photos of everyone.
      - I will try not to get more dolls.
      - Finish the yosd diorama.

7. Stay on the lookout for a boy to pair up with my girl. I have an idea in mind but I have yet to see a boy I REALLY like enough to get. Also, scour the second hand market for a minifee I'd be interested in.

8. My plan is to finally post their content photos and stories on my site, I only need to finish their setting first. That's the only thing I'm making a goal, everything else that happen is a bonus.

9. Give Willow and Ivy faceups that I love (working on this now, would like to do it _before_ 2020 ideally!)
      Give Melinda a faceup that I love when she arrives - estimating maybe in March?
      order Narisma (Haru Casting Maji) and Silver (Souldoll Juno)
      less high priority/maybe for 2021: reshell Willow in one of the new Narae Fusion 43cm bodies
      maybe a MiniFee if I decide on a face sculpt and character but this is the lowest priority of all
      Photograph everyone a ton!
      Sell all the dolls and clothes I've been storing that aren't right for my collection (this is actually a higher priority than almost anything else)

10. My plans for once are actually pretty simple: get Lisa a faceup, get Meg (if she arrives...) a faceup as well, and get clothes commissioned!

11. Since I've just broken my dolls out of storage and I've finally gotten a full time job and my health under control, I'm still sorting out my doll plans.
      Iplehouse's Holiday Sale will finally give me the chance to get one of my Iple dream dolls, so I'll need to put some money in that direction. I have...a very important decision to make, there.
      I think I'd like to get a new faceup for Robin (Crobidoll LJ), and a new wig for Joan (Iplehouse Pamela). I also need to do photoshoots with my two newest dolls, Mary (Iplehouse Bliss) and Susanna (Volks Belle), since I don't think I've ever done or posted any photos of them, and I've now owned them for a couple of years!

12. I have at least three very early doll resolutions.

1. Make Chaeri the hanbok I've been planning since switching her to 1/4 scale. I have the material and all the notions, I just need to get up off my bum and do it. I've even drafted a pattern, though I haven't yet tried it out.

2. Make Riri a kimono as well. Same song, second verse. All the materials, no impetus as of yet.

3. The most ambitious project: get another female MSD and make it over into a non-op FtM boyfriend for Chaeri. Sure, I could just get a male MSD, but firstly I haven't found one I really like, and secondly I really like the idea of a FtM BJD. There aren't that many around. And I'd have to get a new doll for it because Chaeri's character is firmly entrenched as cis female. I also am kind of excited about the challenge of doing a FtM who is pre- or non-op. No body modifications of any kind, just a physically female doll who presents as male.

13. Making a photoshoot setup and make a space for my dolls! I have no space in my room and neither in my closet so it became a quite a hassle to take out my dolls. Which made me not play with them that often :sweat
      I'm hoping to acquire Idealian doll eventually and a 1/3 size sofa! Lastly, I hope to knit and crochet some sweaters, hats and scarves for them. But I'm gonna attempt human size first so that I can actually see the stitches :)

14. this morning I wondered if anyone had posted about 2020 plans only to find these pages and pages ... I think I have failed mostly living up to my plans in the past. My hope right now is to stop buying dolls for the coming year. I have 20 blank beauties here and 9 in pre-orders... which sounds like more than one year of fun to me. I have noticed that my sewing, knitting and painting skills are not improving much and I get a bit depressed about that instead of letting it remain fun. And I would love a whole other lifetime to learn to work on dioramas, to whittle wood, make pottery in doll size, shoes! shoes was a goal for this year and only 2 pairs got made...

so my main goal is to reset my FUN button and enjoy this magical world. and to read all these posts : )

15. Hmm not very good at planning, apparently (at the beginning I said just one Lati!).

My plan is to not add more dolls next year.:sweat

I will be receiving my first MSD around Feb/March... Wow. OK no more doll except for this one.

If I do not find Miadoll Snow or Sleeping Lamb, I hope to not add more dolls... you know... except for the MSD...:sweat

My first year in the hobby has been hectic (5 Latis, 6 YoSDs...... The last two Yos arriving this December 2019).*_*

I want to develop my dolls' characters more.
      And take better pictures!:love

16. Well, this one didn’t go too well.:doh

2. And this is a really big goal for me in 2020...absolutely no more random dolls or layaways! (EPIC FAIL...already!)

Okay, I admit it...Luts just snagged me with their Winter Event and it’s not even 2020 yet! I’ve succumbed to the lure of their limited fantasy colors and put a MyChoice Senior Delf Ju Hee in lavender skin on a second layaway with FF&D. In my defense, this was to shell the final remaining character on my wish list (I was just hoping to delay her until 2021...but the lure of limited colored resin was too tempting.) So paying this one off is now a new goal for this year. BUT AFTER THIS, I ABSOLUTELY SWEAR NO MORE NEW DOLLS...period!:eusa_naug

#136 PoeticSoul, Dec 8, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    17. I'm going to try to only buy one doll for the year. It'll have to be something really special. I'd also like to get back into sewing some more. I've got mostly tinies so sewing is kind of hard for them but I'll be getting my first SD soon so I like to think that that'll make things a little easier. I'd also like to work on doing face ups.

All in all, I'd like to work mostly with what I've got. And save up money to go to Resin Rose! :)

18. I want to try to limit doll purchases next year. Ideally, I would like to get new MSD sculpts offered by Lillycat and new sculpts offered by Villitunes. Those artists really make me happy. I did put myself on a waiting list for a Narae, and maybe another artist sculpt or two.

But I have to remind myself that I don't NEEEEEED all of the discontinued stuff or limited stuff or artist edition stuff! :lol:

I also need to do more faceups, start sewing again, maybe learn to use that serger I bought, knit and crochet more, make wigs, etc....

19. I agree! My boy Liam is a gnc trans man, however I did sand down his chest.

More updates, since my girlfriend bought me a DiM for Christmas!

Dolls Arriving in 2020
      -Simply Meant to Be/obscure_kind BJD Dohwee (March 2020)
      -DiM Larina Half-closed Eye Head
      -Loongsoul 42.5cm Girl Body

Purchasing:
      -smart doll gaia cortex kit (starting to look like this isn't going to happen for me next year u.u)
      -jointed hands for Liam
      -Near's full outfit (including wig, eyes, clothes, shoes, etc)
      -commission nicer wig for Liam
      -buy wheelchair for Near
      -Rem's wig and outfit

Projects:
      -Liam's tattoos
      -Faceup for Near
      -Faceup for Rem
      -Dyeing Rem from NS to a dark brown and giving her vitiligo!

20. So far my plans for 2020 are :
      - keep saving for a pashapasha doll (original size) ♥
      - keep working on my sculpt
      - have fun with my crew