1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. 2019 was the year I reassessed the direction of my collection. I had a trio of characters that were dear to me for a long time. I wanted to shell them all. I realize that this wasn't making me happy in the hobby, so while I figure out what I will be doing with the SD side of my collection, I think I will focus on my tinies for 2020.
      • Year of the Cat Girls
        • For Muffy (Pipos Rosie) - Redo face-up and make hair for her. Commission sparkly dark brown eyes for her.
        • For Colette (Dearmine Lily) - Find the right wig for her and restring her.
        • For Agnes (LUTS Zuzu26 Delf R.Persi) - She'll be new so... Eyes, face-up, wig, shoes. The whole shebang.
      • Expand YoSD wardrobe
        • Muffy and Colette were wearing the same thing for practically the whole year. I need to get clothes for them
      • Work on doll display
        • Get stands for all my dolls
        • Clear display area of other junk
        • Organizing storage
      • Downsize
        • Sell spare Dear Pet body
        • Sell Gella.B head
        • Sell Bichon
        • Sell Frize (maybe)
        • Sell Argonautica Plus size female body
        • Sell GEM of Doll Hallea (Oof big maybe on this one. She has no name, no character... But she was one of my first!)
      • Buy hard shell doll carrier for SD size
      • Spend sensibly!
        • Put cash aside each month for San Diego BJD con. Stay on budget!
        • No new dolls! With maybe one or two exceptions.
          • A Dollfie Dream to shell Muffy as a human. (A tan DD might be nice...)
          • Another R.PI doll if Pipos does a color event. Probably a boy.

2. I'm planning to buy a few dolls, but primarily my attention will go toward getting some more clothes for the dolls I currently have. I'm hoping to improve my sewing ability and make some things for them as well.

3. Sadly for me is reshell my doll, I think I haven’t been bonding with his sculpt... Is kinda hard even when I spend a lot on him and he is cute. Also I’ll work on my other doll spoiling and stuff!

4. Learn more about clay and making more of my own props. It's so much fun and I've really come to enjoy it... and I wanna, figure out some wood working techniques... I can't overnight become as good as my dad, but if my recent successes are anything to go by, I've inherited his deft hands and keen eyes for details.

5. Hopefully I will work up the courage to finally get a doll! I have saved for years but the thought of spending huge amount of money on something I haven't even seen irl seems hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm weird............. but let's see what will happen in 2020

6. Looking back 2019, I think mostly I did was expanding my doll family. From 0 to 8 up until now. So in 2020, I still have a lot to do.
      3 boys are relatively completed, but they need more cloth, especially for my 80 boy.
      4 boys are still with faceup artists, I can foresee the bonding work I need with them....
      1 boy is expected to arrive early next year.
      I am not sure if I will welcome any new boys into my crew. Wait and see....But I definitely need to work on my current boys.

7. Love this idea for a thread, allows people to look forward to what they want to achieve next year!

Me personally, I want to get more clothes and accessories for Lumina as I only got her a couple of weeks ago!

Now layaways -
      Finish layaways for my - Nitori/blackcherry MSD
      Feeple60 Lucywen Full Designers package

Doll goals - Supia Naomi and Lilycat Elena if I want to bankrupt myself!

I'd also love to start making some accessories to sell, I think that would be productive!

8. Buying more dolls on layaway :frownyblush: why do companies have to make new limited ones all the time?!

9. 2020 Plans:
      Learn to sew straight.
      Get back into 3D modeling.
      3D model myself some dolls, and, if I like them, see about doing casting things/asking a place to cast?

10. Well, I started my official list with an app. We'll see how this goes. :eusa_pray

I'm also including dolls I have and their specs, like company, price, year made, face-up artist, skin, etc. And a wishlist with notes.

11. My plans for 2020 are:
      • Get or do new face-ups on my Impldoll Aurora and the Limhwa Elly I just purchased. They only had an Elly with a faceup in stock and I gave one to my Aurora so it's not super pressing, but I'd like to get them looking exactly how I'd like.
      • Actually make clothing for my dolls. I design, pattern, and make costumes for a living so doing personal sewing projects just never seems to happen, but I am making a resolution to at least do a few doll outfits!
      • I need to decide if a Loongsoul Doctor YouZhi or Charm Doll Carson will work better for an idea I have in mind and hopefully buy one of them. I fully expect I won't actually get said doll until 2021.

12. Yes, another Sparkle fan! Soon, there will be dozens of us!

Alright, plans. Last year, my plan was to buy the boypink body and redesigned MDR Fang if they came out. They didn't come out, so I didn't buy any resin. (Wait, no, I bought hands, but they STILL haven't come in.) Which is for the best, I was broke AF most of the year. Next year is the same plan, but also:

Finish Elliot's wig! It's literally been years!

My sewing machine and I are finally reunited! After two years of it sitting in a box I finally tried to use it yesterday and... Couldn't get it to work. I'm taking it to a shop today, but hopefully 2020 is the year of clothes, clothes, clothes!

More faceup practice. There are some new things I want to try out.

Maybe a camera? I say this every year, but the stars may align this time.

I think that's it for now.

#152 iamkathybrown, Dec 14, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    13. My hopes for 2020 are to get my new space floored/finished so that I can properly display my dolls again. Along with that, I'd like to try my hand at body blushing/faceups! Maybe more clothing >> they have too much as is though, methinks...

14. I really like reading about everyone's plans! :)

I'd like to get the dolls I currently own (or will own soon) into a more finished state. This might be a little ambitious for me since 1) I have other hobbies & I usually work on doll stuff pretty slowly and 2) I'll have 4 dolls total in 2020. (Technically: 2 on-topic dolls, 1 off-topic pet doll, and 1 off-topic non-resin doll, but I pretty much just categorize them together in my head :F) It's not a big deal if I don't finish everything, tho! Slow & steady would be good!

I made some notes for my on-topic kiddos to help me remember:

Bobobie Nissa
      - I need to fix how tightly strung he is ;_; I'm hoping I can just loosen him up a little without having to 100% restring him
      - get (probably buy) wig that actually fits
      - make outfit (ideally x2: normal and "magical boy" costume)
      - make or buy wing accessories​

Dream Valley Aiden
      - I need... to buy him xd (this is an "end of 2019" thing)
      - do faceup & body blushing
      - outfit (x1 at least)
      - get eyes & wig for him
      Good luck all! :dance

15. -Pay off some layaways of dolls I really want.
      -Learn how to sew some clothes for my dolls. (this is a big one)
      -keep making eyes, learn different techniques
      -try my hand at a dreadlock wig

16. I have to much BJD at home...
      I need to finish a layaway
      I need to sale some BJD

17. After having a few years out of the hobby (being too busy with other projects, moving house, getting a new job etc.), my dolls have been tucked away in their boxes for a long time!

Hopefully in 2020 I will be able to give them some much needed care and attention - cleaning, repairing a couple of broken fingers, re-stringing, new face-ups, maybe treat them to a new wig or set of clothes... Time shall tell!

I hope everyone's 2020 plans work out :)

18. 2020 goals
      I always say no more dolls so I'm leaving that one out, because I fail immediately. (and because I have a green head that might possible become a permanent character.)
      What I do want to do is work on the ones I have. Blush hands, finish outfits, redo some faceups. See if everyone has at least one pair of shoes, and a proper wig. Rearrange the dioramas to allow the new little guys more room.
      Cull some of the outfits I've made that are just not right for anyone I have now. Clear out fabric I know I'll never use again; because I either bought too much or the thrift shop item has a doll outfit sized hole in it and is not much use to anyone.
      Good luck everyone. :clover

19. I’d like to get better at making clothes and come up with more creative designs for 2020. I’m also saving up for Gem of dolls’ Hower 2, which I’ll hopefully be able to afford next year :)

20. Being busy in 2019, i have 4 dolls finished faceup but no time to take care these new comers.
      In 2020, my main goal should be find a local artist for 3 more faceup commission.
      Preventing myself to buy any dolls, already 9 dolls when 6 are came in 2019&2020.
      Hopefully I can take some good photos in 2020.