1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Doll Plans

Oct 16, 2019

?

What are your doll plans for 2020?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2020.
  1. Buying new dolls

136 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paying layaways

47 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Working on the dolls you have

226 vote(s)
    83.1%
  4. Sculpting

35 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Making clothes/wigs

152 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Practicing your faceups/body blushing skills

119 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. It's still undecided about the quantity at this time, I'm having plan to buy at least one more child from Volks next year.
      Although the only child that Volks announced clearly about the release in 2020 is Cinderella, I hope that they will give us more boys.
      Even though it seems nobody know exactly about the release, whether or not it come, and when will it come, I believe another SD17 is on the way.
      It's great if another white-skin child will be born next year, I don't know the reason but almost limited BJDs from Volks with white-skin are having a shocking price in the marketplace.
      If another Williams Romantic Glance Version come, what can people do?! I think I've just already seen another hunting in my head! :p

#161 Evendo, Dec 20, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    2. I have spent most of 2020 working on my business and negleting my dolls. Which is funny because I now have my dream doll and she is everything I have ever dreamed of in a doll. Perfect hybrid, perfect faceup. I really hope in 2020 I can reignite my love for dolls and although I only have one for now (one on sale, doesn't count in my books!) I want to spoil her!

3. I’m working towards getting a full time job so my first major goal of 2020 is to finally save up for my first bjd, preferably my holy grail on layaway. It’ll most likely be a floating head for a while but i can practice doing faceups on him while looking for a suitable body. Overall super excited to finally get back into the bjd community and try to join local doll meetups to know more people!

4. My plans are pretty simple. I want to have one doll ordered by the end of 2020 and get better at sewing. I am really struggling with sewing right now, so I am going to take a few classes. My goal is to be able to make at least basic shirts and pants by the end of 2020. Wont complain if I make more complicated things.

Also want to finish one of my dolls. She's going to be a dragon so I want to make her wings tail and horns, but I plan on having that done just a few months into the new year.

5. I’m interested in going back to small msd, but first have to sell my SD Doll first. I want to get a fairyland or Lillycat, maybe a youpladolls.

6. Ahh I definitely want to make 2020 the year I'll order my second on-topic bjd! :whee: It's been way too long since my first.
      So basically any of the dolls from my planned wishlist:
      Resinsoul Winter
      Soom Rudy
      Souldoll Annamari
      However there are a couple others I'm eyeing that I might or might not find when I have saved up, which might change my plans ^^
      I really want to put my other hobbies and collections at a lower priority than bjd this year and focus on buying at least one doll (although already preordered a figure D: )
      Buying acrylics and a larger soft pastel set so I can learn to customize my own dolls. Meanwhile, I'm gonna try to sew my own clothes for Satine.
      Bonus for more Satine photoshoots, with my old camera instead of crappy celphone one.

7. I’ve spent most of 2019 struggling to understand how to model eyes in a 3D software, so now that I’ve successfully 3D printed them my main goal for 2020 is to struggle with how to make silicon molds out of my masters and then struggle with how to cast them in resin. All in all I predict a lot of struggling. :eek:

I’d also like to practice my sewing/pattern making skills.

Oh, and I've never been to a doll con yet, so if I can I'd like to go to the L-Doll festival or maybe les Dolls du Lac.

8. I'm very new to this hobby, so in 2020 I should be getting the doll I ordered.
      My plans are to work on that doll as much as I can,
      I'll try to control my impulse buys since I tend to do those once I get into a new collecting hobby (e.g. anime figures).
      However, I know I might end up buying a doll that I'm already eyeing :huh?:.

9. Big major goal: Pay off six month interest free credit offer for 4 dolls ($845).
      • Pay at least $71 out of every paycheck.
      • Do not buy any more dolls until paid off.

Other minor goals included
      • Make sure all new BJD are 16 cm (Lati Yellow, Pukifee, Tiny Delf ect.)
      • Find a way to display smaller dolls
      • Buy 4 wigs none of them brown
      • Buy six pairs of 16 cm shoes
      • Buy six pairs of bloomers or leggings

#169 Noodles, Dec 23, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    10. Oh god what am I Not planning for 2020 haha
      • Finishing up my first doll: wig, shoes, face up, eyes.
      • Going to my first BJD convention, finished doll under my arm.
      • Putting in an order for my 2nd doll
        Ringdoll Dracula B or La Légende de Temps Roderich or a SWITCH boy, who knows yet *_* whoever I can get my grubby hands on really.
      • Get materials for face ups
      • Two low cost heads to pratice on
      • Going to be in Korea so getting a bunch of stuff from SWITCH's store
      • Going to at least one BJD convention in asia

11. Typing this out so that I have something written to reference (and hopefully stick to... :XD:)

1. Do a group of face-ups (3 heads) because some of them have been blank for an embarrassingly long time
      2. Luts Arwen and also a body for my floating F60 Shushu head
      3. Potentially dye, or more realistically, commission someone to dye 2 of my bodies to match their heads
      4. Some accessories, furniture, maybe clothing/wigs for existing dolls

(5.) Sell off a good portion of the clothing, wigs, and heads that I have no use for

12. I just started a 6 months layaway for DC Laney (human version). I'll finish it in may 2020. Untill she came home I need to make some face ups, just to practice the metod. My poor boy will be the practice head ...And I already have plenty of things I want to do. (My boy's face up, blushing. Need to drill some ear holes for his piercings. And I want to make his proper wig too.) I hope I'll get some skills in both while I waiting and paying her off. I forget that I just start to learn my sewing machine, so I've got lot to do in 2020. And I want to try myself at sculpting too... off course I won't do everything at once but I like to reach some goals on my list.:sweat Last but not least I've got a nice shopping cart on dollmore's website, and somehow I like to pay that off too... (doll hair and some acessories like ribbon brooch, belt and doll stand.) my next year is about finishing my boy and get ready for my new girl. And of course practicing Lots of practicing.

13. I've been looking for my second bjd forever now and I finally have a character I want to make. I'm hoping to officially pick the doll for it in the new year.

14. X

#174 Spuggey, Dec 27, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    15. After a bit of a hiatus where things just kind of did whatever, I can plan again! So here we go, in no particular order (except that first one):
      • Finish getting my studio ready to use, it's very close (same for the sewing room)
      • Finish both Eds' leg automail mods (MNF and LTF Shiwoo)
      • Also finish the chest mod so i can blush both of them at long last (and finally suede MNF Ed)
      • Refresh Gabriel (BBB Sprite/Impl body)
      • Refresh Maren (AoD Chi)
      • Blush Firozi (FL Rus, terrifying)
      • Finish the robes I started for Gabriel, Maren, and Arthen (IS LanXing)
      • Set magnets and blushing on Liora (MNM Rubiana/Soom Ace)
      • Get at least one outfit each for Cetewind and Instar (RS Bei and Bao)
      • At least start on Mini Jace's outfit (WD Kyle)
      Hopefully I can get through all of that.... I'm itching to get back to work and getting tired of their half-finished states, and hopefully both of those will be good motivation! (Heck, I'll likely be working on the sewing room again tonight.)

16. I'm probably going to attempt to make clothing at some point for my girl and touch up her paint job. That's all my plans amount to officially for my doll, at the least. The poor dear could really use a new top that actually fits her character, or just fits her body!

17. I'd rather working on the one I have (And the one that schedule to arrive), so unless there's a limited sculpt that really temp me, no buying new doll in 2020.

I also plan for many cloth and wig making right now. 2020 Should be a busy year for me.

18. I got a Ringdoll blank moyu head for Christmas so my goal is to learn to do face ups! I will be buying a Ringdoll body in 2020 at some point. Also looking to find a female vinyl doll. There hasn’t been any females yet that spark my interest hoping to find one this next year! Happy new year to all!

19. Going to learn some 3d stuff and make a doll-sized lightsaber (that's right I'm planning to get a full Jedi costume for my doll). ;)
      And probably more heads (already waiting for a Granado head, and looking forward to seeing new 80 heads from IOS).

20. In 2020, I will work on the dolls I have and rethink some customisations.
      Maybe narrow down the number of dolls so that it's easier to do.
      I'll try to avoid buying new dolls, or only when space on shelves is available again XD