1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Dolls, Anime cuty dolls

Apr 10, 2014

1. Thanks for the comparison pic!

2. Anyone out there with yosd 2d dolls?

3. At the risk of entering a thread with cricket chirping going on in the background, I finally decided to order one of these adorable dolls. I've been wanting an anime doll for ages and I couldn't resist the cute sculpts from this company. I also really appreciated they offered a male version of their yosd bodies because so many of the anime themed doll companies only offer girl bodies.

Went ahead and ordered Creme in pure white resin on the boy body. Hopefully the wait will be less painfully long than my Loongsoul order was.

Figured I would move our conversation to the 2D thread specifically for smaller dolls.

Heh, I couldn't resist Cherry's eyes so I did end up ordering the head. I debated on getting it with a body, but feel more like I want to use it as a spare head to change out the emotions on my doll rather than do a separate character. My Creme is going to be a boy so going with a different style. I got him as a blank so I can make the eyes a bit more masculine although I really love the faceup they have for that sculpt. I have a feeling he will still end up with some cute dresses down the line though because so many of them for the little dolls are super adorable. I already have 3 outfits and 4 wigs ordered for him and he isn't even here yet. XD

#23 Krissim, Jun 19, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020
    4. @Krissim Sorry for the late reply! Been a busy couple of weeks ;;; But the two tinies I ordered are being shipped out! I'm really excited to work on them and will definitely share some pictures here when they arrive.

Extra heads are fun! Fun to swap out and much easier to do because they're tinies lol. Are you doing your own faceups as well?

5. @strow
      Oh so exciting! About how many months did your order take before getting the shipping notice? Also, please do share photos when they arrive! Seems like so few people post any photos of the 2D tinies despite them being so adorable.

Yep, I plan to do my own faceups.

6. @Krissim I ordered in May, so it was about a 3-ish month wait. Though during the wait, I was informed that my order would be delayed to October, so I'm extremely glad that wasn't the case, haha ;;;

Awesome! I hope you'll share photos when your dolls arrive, I love seeing other peoples' customs too ^^

7. @strow
      Oh wow that is short! Hopefully I'll have as good luck. When I ordered through one dealer they warned me the wait was on the longer side of 4-5 months. Hopefully your order is a sign they got caught back up. I was thinking about adding some accessories to my first order (to save on shipping) but maybe I should double check with the dealer first to see how mine is coming along. I would hate to slow down my order for the doll shipping out over a couple little extras. XD

I actually just got in two wig orders in today since one of the dealers shipped them out early. They look real cute, so hopefully they will actually fit when my doll gets here.

8. They arrived today! Whoo!

[​IMG]

I'm surprised at the head size difference between Cherry and Gugu, it was my bad for not double checking the measurements but Cherry's noggin is definitely more like 1/4 scale. They're both on the 27cm boy body, Cherry just looks bigger because his..... head is bigger.

[​IMG]

Heads again, while getting them ready for faceups. Cherry (left) is normal pink, and Gugu (right) is normal yellow. When they have faces, I'll try and get them together with my Yosd for comparison.

9. @strow
      Oh so cute! Your photos make me even more excited for my Cherry. It is interesting to see the different head sizes in an actual photo. Seems like when they started out with this size of doll the heads were 1/4 and then as they got more sculpts started to also produce sizes closer to what you typically see in a yosd. The larger head sizes were actually one of the things I really liked because it amplifies the chibi proportions. I also enjoy wigs and there are a lot more options that open up for store bought wigs when you can use 1/4 size ones. If you have time measure Cherry's head, I would love to hear what measurements you get. That particular sculpt seemed to be listed slightly different sizes everywhere I've seen it listed. XD

Please do also share photos once you get their faceups on!

10. Bumping an old thread here for some answers, does anyone know if the 2D doll 27 cm boy body measurements are accurate? I've been referring to these measurements stated on their website:
      [​IMG]

11. @Satan's.Bake.Sale

I have the boy body and finally got around to measuring it today to verify if everything lined up with the measurements they list. From what I saw everything seemed to be pretty dead on. The only thing I did note is they list the shoulders as 4cm across but that is just measuring the chest piece. If you include the arms into the shoulder measurement (which seems like you would want to do for making sure clothes would fit) the shoulders would be about 6.5cm across. I'm not sure if that is how all doll companies list their shoulder measurements, but I thought it was odd not to include something with the arms since they will affect how clothes fit.

12. Thank you so much for verifying the measurements! It doesn't make sense to me either as it makes visualizing the size a lot harder. Even when I drew out the proportions the shoulder width was kind of a gamble to guess.

13. I would love to know what owners think of the "new" boy or girl body (the same one as in the company photo a couple of posts up) - particularly the posing and joints. I'm considering a 2D Doll body for a floating head. ^^ Thank you in advance!

EDIT to add that I answered my own question, as I often seem to do. Here's a link to my review of the body if anyone was wondering: Review: 2D Doll 1/6-scale new body (normal yellow)

#33 shan, Dec 23, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    14. Helpful, thank you! I've ordered an Yuanxiao and had wondered about the shoulder measurement. I was thinking that's what they had done, otherwise it didn't make sense. And no, that's not typically how shoulders are measured.

15. boosting because i can't seem to find a single owner of a 2ddoll maimai on doa or instagram. has anyone here ever bought one?

16. @taichas

It is a fairly new sculpt so that might be part of the reason. I know Alicecollections has some nice photos of the blank head from different angles though.

17. i hadn't realized it was new! thanks so much!! i was wondering why i couldn't find any owner pics of such a cutie!

18. I ordered Cookie from Clover-Singing's new site! 40% off baby ʘ‿ʘ
      She's going to be dressed in a punk outfit.

edit: word

19. I couldn't resist ordering Chocolate (the original one) and White Chocolate. Going to have twins.

#39 Krissim, Apr 23, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    20. I emailed Clover Singing about current turn around times, and she gave me 5 months. So my Cookie will be baked and ready to eat finished and shipped in September.