1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Dolls

Apr 2, 2014

1. @lividdarkangel Also I must chime in that Alice's Collection also deals in 2D dolls and are super kind! So if you see something thats not listed on AC's site just contact them if you are interested in buying it :D Clover-singing is also one of the dealers for 2D. I only know of two dealers for them actually so its super nice instead of trying to work your way through Taobao lol.

2. I actually have seen Meng Meng on Alices! And shes super expensive. Shes $540 there. Cheapest I have found her is $499 on Legenddoll. So I am looking for cheaper than that.

3. 2D sometimes have a sale on Alice's with the Christmas season coming up. There may be another one. Plus you can always inquire with AC about prices and why they might be different between dealers.

4. @lividdarkangel Here's the link to Meng Meng's page! It looks like she's a little under $300 on Taobao, so I think waiting for Clover-singing's sale might be close to the same price as sleepinghazard said.

5. True. I think there is a sale now actually. But i can only put away 80 bucks a month for fun, be it dolls, crafting or otherwise. $550 ($600 or so with faceup and shipping) is just to much to save up for while still having money to play with. Ive tried doing that and...I just cant.at this point my only hope is my tax refund, but that needs to go to debt so...im just stuck.

6. Oh thank you! Im having issues with clover-singing though. I cant find her on there, and when I try to click on heads only it redirects me to what looks like a gambling site...

7. Hmmm, Taobao really isn't that hard to navigate, especially when you think of it like the Chinese ebay. And if you use google chrome, you can just right click to open up the navigation bar and click "Translate to English" (or whatever language you're most comfortable with I'd assume) to translate any of the web pages.

The hardest part might just be creating an account, but I did so, so long ago that it might be easier now, and even back then there were dozens of websites detailing how to do so. Taobao also has a consolidation and warehouse service. That way instead of having to contact the seller to ship directly to you, you can have it go to Taobao's warehouse where they'll hold your items up to 40 days, so if you order multiple items but from different shops you can have all of them shipped to you together.

I don't speak or read a lick of Chinese and I've ordered way more then I should directly from Taobao. I'm waiting for several orders now in fact. :sweat

Edit: For anyone who might be interested in trying, here's two pretty straight forward guides.
      How to Register A Taobao Account In 2019
      How To Buy Directly From Taobao:The Complete Guide 2019

Unfortunately, I'd forgotten that the shipping and consolidation service is only offered for a few countries.

#207 Cloudedmind, Oct 6, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    8. @Cloudedmind
      Ill have to look on my laptop. On my phone its pretty much impossible. Im also not really sure if I trust it tbh. Is it safe? Or can I at least use paypal?

9. @lividdarkangel As I mentioned Taobao is like ebay, so you'd approach it the same way you would ebay. Check sellers feedback, (one of those guides should have some additional information on how to do that), and if buying dolls only buy from official dealers. And these are things you would want to do even if you decide to go the agent/shopping service route. Luts (at least on their old site), and Dollzone (on their chinese site dzdoll.com), both have a list of their official Taobao dealers, and these dealers also sell for other companies. Just checking the official doll company websites is how I found most of the dealers I've bookmarked. Some companies even have a link to their personal Taobao shop. For clothing items I've found a lot of companies by seeing what companies official international dealers carry, and then checking to see if those companies had Taobao shops.

Unfortunately, Taobao doesn't allow you to use Paypal, just like Amazon, since Paypal is a direct competitor to Alibaba's (the parent company for Taobao) Alipay. But, you can use international credit cards, and most credit card companies have their own protections against fraud. If you're not sure what your's might be for the card you have you can always call up your card company and ask.

Within the last year I've ordered from 23 different shops, and I've yet to have a shop not ship me my stuff. That's not to say something can't happen, but if you follow the same rules with Taobao that you would with ebay, you'll probably come out on top more often then not.

10. I honestly dont trust ebay at all...I assume its full of scammers, and theres hardly legit sellers there. If taobao let me use paypal I might be willing to try, but honestly, im really not interested in it anymore. Not after learning all this. Its just not worth all the worrying about getting scammed for me. For now im going to try clover-singing. Much simpler and has good reviews. Thank you though. I really do appreciate the help.

11. You're welcome. Good luck with your doll purchase!

If anyone else is interested in possibly trying, I have a laundry list of both dealers and company shops for dolls and clothes. Just PM me.

12. @Cloudedmind have you ordered dolls directly? I'm trying to decide how I eventually want to order the 2D body I want :aheartbea

13. @redfeathers I haven't ordered any 2D dolls but I did order two Universe bodies back when they were having that really great sale directly from a dealer. And, they are currently shipping to Taobao's warehouse. I also have two DZ orders pending. One directly with DZ, through their personal Taobao shop, and another through a dealer. I wanted to test the different shops.

14. If the sculpt you want is not available on the website, you can email Christina (the email listed under "contact us" tab on clover-singing's website: [email protected]) and ask her to create a listing for whatever you're interested in. I had to do this in order to purchase Almond because he wasn't listed on the site yet either at the time. You can also ask her about what the price will be after the discount is applied and other questions you may have. My order was primarily managed through email since there were some errors with submitting an order on the website, but I would still try to make an account and submit an order through there (just so you can check the status yourself). I'm not sure if the site has been fixed since then but she does typically respond back within 1-2 business day(s) so you can email her for updates!

15. Oh really? I was just going to sign up for the newsletter, save up, wait for a sale then email my order. I will email her tomorrow. Thank you!

16. It's exciting to see a lot more people interested in the company as of late.

For those interested in wait times, I just got a shipping notice on one of my orders. It only took a little over three and a half months, so hopefully that is a sign their wait times are getting back toward the shorter end. After waiting nearly seven months for a Loongsoul order, I found this wait far less painful. :eusa_pray

Mine was a blank so I'm not sure how orders with faceups might compare as far as the wait.

17. I ordered my Sweet Pepper in May and there are still not news :( almost 5 months have already passed :(

18. You're welcome and that might still be a good idea! The last newsletter I got from didn't have DK- 2Ddoll listed in their current promotions but they run them very frequently.

19. Thank you! Though kinda random qiestion. Do you know why theu call it DK-2DDoll? As far as I know the company is just 2DDoll.

20. You’re welcome! From my understanding, it is because they are casted by Dikadoll. Though I’m not sure how else the companies may be affiliated.

@Krissim: Seeing more owner photos makes me excited too! I ordered Almond with a faceup back at the end of April so hopefully he’ll come home this month T__T