1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Dolls

Apr 2, 2014

1. I have been looking for a body for around 200 usd myself. :sigh There is non.

If the body itself is less than 200, then shipping will be no less than 100 usd. Unless, you find an old, used Volks Sd13 body from Mandarake or Dollyteria. Pink and banana is a bad match, though.:doh

At one point I wanted to buy DFA genderless body and modify it into female... mmm I still find this idea to be good. I heard a rumor, what they are planing to release another 1/3 female doll/body in the future. This body might be cheap.

Heydoll has nice more or less cheap bodies. If ordering from taobao, during their sale, through cloversinging, 58 body is about 250, 62 body is around 300.

2. I was hoping too that DFA could release a SD13 body and not only that huge 68cm one... I really hope they do it! I already own a DFA doll and they're nice. Dunno about the resin match, but it shouldn't be too far off probably.
      I like the 2D 64cm body, but it's really too expensive for me atm, so I need a substitute. I'm in no rush to get it, so I can wait and see

3. @Rurimas I liked the resinsoul when I had it, it’s not terrible, but it’s been a few years since I gave it to my cousin for her first doll, it’s around 160$ before shipping

when I bought my 72cm body from them, shipping wasn’t awful, only 50$ to the US for me

For 2D sale, I didn’t look at a specific body, just the general female ones and if I mathed right (which I probably didn’t tbh) it’d be a bit over 300$ but CS would have an accurate total when they start their sale next month and they do free shipping for most countries

4. naked doll warning
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      Pardon my mess, it was dolly mail day >w<

SD13 of unknown age + 2D normal yellow is actually a really decent match? It's also good scale for their heads that are meant to be on larger bodies. I don't intend to keep him on this body so I haven't done it, but if he was going to be on it permanently I'd slim the neck down a little. That said, they're not great posers, and shipping would be at least $100. (I bought mine in person and was able to evaluate the resin tone too, as opposed to just guessing how yellow it might be from photos)

5. Now the 64cm body is at about 300usd... I admit it is tempting, but I don't know if I wanna spend that much AGAIN when I told myself no more dolls until I receive all I ordered:aeyepop:

6. Ok so, I decided I will wait a little and see if I can squeeze the money for that 64cm female body, since the price is, I guess, decent now that’s discounted. And I kinda like the aesthetic.
      I guess that there are no owner pics of that body for now? Are there? I would be really interested to see some

7. Very excited to join this conversation. My 2D Almond just arrived today! I wasn't sure at first when I took him out of the box if I'd made the right decision but after trying on a bunch of wigs I fell in love! He's 68cm (actually more like 66cm) and his joints are SO stiff. In the best possible way - seems to be a dream for posing! So excited to take pictures this weekend!

8. I cant wait to see pictures of him! My 2d Doll Almond should be paid off next month and then he'll be coming home soon. I'm so excited!!

9. I hope it's okay to post these in this thread. Here's her first photo shoot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*edit Thank you for the edit! I will keep that in mind going forward, this is my first time having pictures to post like this! :D <3

#309 Nerwign, Feb 25, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    10. I just received my Ferris head today! I love her, she's so pretty!
      The only thing is... Her head is actually super small. I kinda find strange she's sold with a 64cm body (I tried her on my male 62cm body and she looks super small proportion wise). I recently ordered a 58cm body for her, I'm glad I didn't go for a bigger body cause I don't think she would look that good on it!
      I will post pictures tomorrow, when I have decent natural light and I can take better pics.

11. Yeah, unfortunately 2D sells their dolls on bodies that are way too big for them and I have no idea why. The second I saw an unclothed, unwigged photo of them I realized I'd have to find a way to buy just the head :XD:I have my Cream on an SD13 body right now and I think anything more than maybe 2cm taller would be too much.
      What body did you end up purchasing for her? Was it just a smaller 2D body?

12. It's so interesting to hear you say that since Almond (in my opinion) has a head that looks a tad big for his body. Maybe it's more the girls?

13. I actually took a gamble with a 58cm body, i was torn between that and 62cm... But seeing the head i'm glad I didn't go for 62. She looks super weird on my 62cm boy body (height wise too) and the male body has 13.4cm shoulders, while her original 64cm body has 13cm shoulders :aeyepop:
      I got an Heydoll body in the end! I pondered a lot but I decided to try that company, I heard nice things and the mobility looks amazing (I love my dolls to have a nice mobility). Plus the wait time should be short, about 2/3 months from what they told me!

Maybe the boys look less weird cause they're bigger overall? But I heard that the boys too look a little pin headed on the big bodies. I don't know for sure thought since I don't own any. Later I'm gonna take some decent pics of the head compared to my 62cm DFA male doll, so you can see how small she is in comparison

14. Cream's one of the heads designated as a boy (IMO they're all really genderfluid) and he's a tiny little pinhead that they sold on, IIRC, the 68cm body??? :? He needs a 60-62cm body with 14cm shoulders to look good. Anything bigger is ridiculous.

I haven't heard of that company before so I'm gonna look them up! I'm still a little undecided on a permanent body for my Cream, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be putting him on the Spiritdoll Elegance body.

15. Here a quick comparison pic between Ferris and DFA Jiuyu (he's a 62cm boy)
      [​IMG]Ferris and Jiuyu by Ruri Mad, su Flickr

And to not spam too much, HERE an album with nicer pictures and Ferris on the 62cm body. Maybe from the pics you don't notice it a lot, but she looks super pinheaded. Her original 2D 64cm body has shoulders that are large just 0.4cm less than this body.

16. I actually forgot to post here that I now have my full hybrid, and it worked. Heydoll normal pink is a decent match to 2ddoll pink, proportions wise the body with my Ferris 64cm head looks perfectly fine. Mobility on the neck is not bad, so yeah I'm pretty happy of how the hybrid turned out!
      A very weird thing is I tried some msd wigs on my Ferris head and... They actually fit her (they're just a tad short on the back of the head). I guess this says much on how small the head is :aeyepop:
      If you wanna see more pics, on my flickr I have some albums for the body and finished hybrid.

Naked doll ahead (she's near a DFA 62cm boy)

17. I am yet to post box opening photos, but here is a quick comparison of pink resins I have got.
      [​IMG]

Normal pink is truly very light. White and pink. In some lights it looks yellowish

18. Anyone with the 68cm body, are you happy with how it poses? I don't normally go for 2-joint torsos, but these bodies are so spot-on with what I want aesthetically I'm sorely tempted to take the plunge...

19. I do own 68 ver2 body. I am pleased with how it poses. My most favorite part is swivel joints in arms. :D I will buy only bodies with such joint in the future. Torso joint works wonderful too. Swivel joints in legs not that great, although they do help to arch dolls back more.

I have posted a review on it just now.
      https://denofangels.com/threads/2ddoll-68cm-body-ver-2-posing-review.840917/

20. I have this body too and like the 2 piece torso. I agree the arms are also quite nice. Fresh out of the box the body is very tight and nearly squeaks when you turn the pieces. They hold the poses they can do very nicely and firmly. The only downside I've found with 2 piece torsos is sometimes they change pose on you when you want them to stay still and need to be muscled back into the placement you want. There is the small line, and when you do pose the torso other-than-straight it can look strange nude, but tends to look really nice under clothing.