1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Dolls

Apr 2, 2014

1. Thank you so much for your reply, @crappyshappyshaw :) , let's see if the Volks owners in this thread can give me more clues. Btw, could you please post pictures of her hands when you have time, if it's not trouble? I'd like to see how detailed are these.

2. great to see some owner-pics of these cute girls - I love them :D

3. I found their official site but it's not in english. I was wondering, what other (english) places can I buy their dolls? I know Alice's Collections have some of the dolls. They used to have all of the 2D Dolls listed, but they have sadly now taken down a lot of them!

The official site have this 68cm guy. 岚 Lan-2ddoll. If I oneday decide to go for it and order some of these dolls, I'd like to have both boys and girls.

4. @manabusama the reason Alice’s removed the dolls is because they are discontinued by the company. I ordered one of the yosd dolls I’d been wanting because of the winter event, but when Alice tried to order from 2D, they said it was discontinued and she removed quite a few from her website. I have heard of people ordering through their Chinese website with a shopping service. Other than that, I have no idea.

5. I still see all of the dolls on the website though. 2ddoll. But I can't read korean, so I have no idea what the site says. I think I might have klicked the "do not translate" button too many times so my computer won't translate right now :sweat

Currently I'm just dropping by the 2D Doll threads on DOA to check out the pictures and the discussions. Stalk the threads a little :lol: Since I started in the BJD hobby I've been into realistic, semi realistic, and stylized non-anime dolls. But I've been tempted for a long time to get one of these dolls, but I don't know if I should start collecting a whole new type of BJDs when I do not have the biggest space to keep dolls.

But if I won the lottery I'd order Meng Meng right away! I'm really itching to get one of these dolls, but at the same time some of the dolls on my wish list does not give me any chance to order anything just yet. I just hope that Meng Meng won't be discontinued anytime soon. I want a SD anime styled girl with a big open smile! I really like the smily mouths :)

#145 manabusama, Jan 15, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    6. I'm curious about this too, because the markup between the Chinese site (and their taobao) and Alice's is enormous... over 170 dollars for the ver 1 body I'm after. I know there are extra fees associated with shopping services but I don't think it would come to quite that much. I don't begrudge Alice her cut exactly, because it is a business after all, and I know that often companies set the price for the foreign market higher than domestic anyway... but that's a HUGE price difference and I could do a lot of hobby spending with an extra $170. :sweat

Has anyone in this thread had luck ordering from 2D with a shopping service? I could have sworn someone posted about it but I can't seem to find the post now.

7. :atremblin Gah!! I didn't know they were discontinuing some dolls! Now I'm super happy I got Chanchu when I had the chance!! I'm just glad most of the big girls survived the cut!

8. Most BJD companies have to discontinue sculpts from time to time to make room for new sculpts. But I hope 2D Doll will keep releasing awesome sculpts with a big selection of various facial expressions, and facial features like they have done so far. What I like about 2D Doll is the wide selection of face sculpts they have.

Many anime BJDs tend to look kind of the same. Almost always big eyes, and small closed mouths with hardly any lips at all. That's where 2D Doll stands out! Or maybe it is just that I have not yet seen many other anime BJDs?!

#148 manabusama, Jan 15, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    9. I decided to put Meng Meng on my wish list. Just hope she won't be sold out before I get to order her. I really love that sculpt!

10. #150 StillsEve, Jun 21, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
    11. @StillsEve she looks beautiful! I love the faceup you gave her, she looks so eager to do things with you~ :)

12. Thank you @crappyshappyshaw ♥ (Sorry i´m SUUUPER late -.-)

I got a few weeks ago a Lan head...so i put him on my DollChateau Body an try to give him a character XD
      He have in this time 3 phases...in the last one i modded him to fit the character i have finally in mind for him...So this is Artemis (yes he is a boy, but i have only girl outfits right now, but his clothes are purchased and will come...one day XDD)
      Yes, he is my profile-picture ^^

[​IMG]
      https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1887/44523302752_a2b9e9d556_c.jpg
      https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1850/43854176284_2ab82a4f9f_c.jpg

#152 StillsEve, Sep 9, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
    13. I don't have one of these guys yet, but I'm enjoying lurking the thread and seeing everyone's pics.

@StillsEve , It's amazing the difference a few subtle changes can make. Artemis looks great on the DC body, and the sharp teeth only showing from certain angles is a great touch!

14. Hi there! I have a question: does anyone have a 68cm body? I really want a boy Almond, but I can not imagine what kind of body he has on mobility) the photo does not convey a pose at all.

15. I'd also love to see more of the 70cm boys! Such unique sculpts :D

16. I ordered Jambo's head, without body. I was not recommended to buy it, because it’s unstable. As soon as the head arrives, I will show it here :)

17. Please do! Jambo and Almond are my current favorites! :D

18. Where did you order it from? I was thinking of buying via their Taobao store to try to save money, but I am not sure if it will work.

I super want Jambo and Almond too. Can’t wait to see owner pictures of Jambo.

19. I ordered it on taobao through an intermediary, head costs 5,500 yuan. Yes, I liked Almond first, but as soon as I saw Jambo, I could not resist :D I like that it’s very similar to Almond, but its mouth is slightly open :chibi

I will definitely show him as soon as he arrives! I was told that the head will be cast for about a month. I ordered it on October 25th.

#159 Chelokotik, Nov 13, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    20. Aww, that is super what I hoped for: the domestic cost of the doll versus the international price. International pricing is so much more! I also look forward to potential hybrids. I am not sure how keen I am with the way that body and head look together.