1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

44cm | Elder [ U-noa Quluts] Sister | Discussion Thread

Dec 29, 2010

1. Bliss, from what I read Ange is the open-mouth one.....b grade&prototype dolls have been auctioned in lotteries before, hence why it's a very limited "unique" lottery, it doesn't however mean that there's definitely something wrong with them or that the whole lot of this handful of dolls have any defect, or that they were all all used in the photoshoot or displayed at exhibitions etc,

stacia, it only means that AL will get to host this one fully assembled+kit lottery
      before handing down the selling rights to hobby-japan,
      once H-J obtains the rights, anything from this doll line will be sold strictly through their "dollybird" and "hobby-japan" magazines for a few years, that means that there won't be recurrent sale periods throughout the months like with the other AL kits or even any additions to webshop as long as H-J hold the rights, but there will be a sporadic magazine pre-order that occurs once every two to four years, starting ofcourse with the first hobby-japan pre-order sometime later this year and then who knows when again,

Kittywolf13, thank you!^_________^
      a person who owns both the official chibi kit and a Chibi prototype said that there was only a slight unnoticed difference in the skintone otherwise it was pretty much identical to the kit released later,
      so I don't think there's much to worry about,^__^

2. exhibition pictures via twitter member kanai_i:
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#82 n66x, Mar 9, 2011
      Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    3. 「Belia/ベリア」 is the closed mouth one,
      「Ange/アンジェ」 is the open mouth one,

4. AL changed the package content, they now offer the kits with a "decadent" faceplate, I'm not sure if this is the same with a sleeping faceplate, it seems they're not,
      hopefully they'll make thing clearer with some pictures later this month, it says the faceplates have dozing "mouse-y" eyes that can be widened if needed,lol..

5. I think I notice they don't have the half-cut hip joints like Zero/2.0, but they rather
      have the cute round ball joint similar to the style of the chibies,^o^..
      to me they are a great mixture, they have the posture, silhouette and elegance of Zero
      and then the feel,silliness and cuteness of Chibies, and ofcourse not to mention
      the always carefully mapped Gentaro treatment in joints and construction,
      can't wait to see more~!

6. Is it just me, or do they look like a 2.0 with 1.5 legs? Haven't studied the measurements, so forgive me if I'm off base, but from just looking at the pics, that's what I'm thinking...
      n66x, didn't you try that combo at one time?
      Also, does anyone know if there's a torso joint?

7. Wally, If you look at the original release picture where Belia is turned away then you can see the torso joint. It's up high like on the chibis. :3 A lot of people don't like the 1.5 joint so that may have had something to do with him modifying his torso joint structure for the dolls released after 1.5 (the chibis and elder sisters). At least that's my guess for the change. xD

8. wally, Gentaro just wrote he traced the exact same construction for them as he did with his latest work, the chibies, that possibly very well means a round ball-joint under the back-head that collides to an upwards-widening vase-like neck entry, shoulders that do the "dunno" pose, a two-piece "invisible" high-cut torso joint, round hip joints that meet with a very low-cut pelvic bone, the usual elbow and knee joints as with the rest of the kits and from what I assume the feet and the safe-lock back-head parts are the exact replica pieces with that from a Chibi kit,
      -
      the 2.0 have a very straight-cut and stiff posture, the head to body ratio is also quite different,
      2.0 have a very tiny narrow head, a thin but broad womanly figure and then the one-piece ankles and torso...
      they don't fluent much in posing too, unlike from what I suppose these dolls will accomplice,
      I mean my chibi can do so many more stuff my 1.5 just can't and the posing is just so smooth too,lol...
      -
      topazrain, you are right, it seems Gentaro would never directly touch the 1.5 body to update it though, last time he gave them an update from 1.0 to 1.5 a lot of people were furious and sad with this decision, so by introducing us to this doll it seems he found a way to create a new compatible 1/4 adult body with the latest constructional pattern but without messing with the vintage beauty of the 1.0/1.5,lol,

9. -----------------------------------------
      Japan | 11.03.11
      due to the tragic recent events and devastation,
      Japan is undergoing a state of emergency at the moment,
      we are thankful to announce that the following have all reported back,
      fortunately without mention of injury, major damage or fatal life loss casualties,:
      -
      BIC,
      petworks,
      azone,
      obitsu,
      taitan-no,
      Parabox,
      AlchemicLabo,
      noppin,
      DannyChoo,
      treasure-japan
      Hobby-Japan,
      Hobby-link Japan,
      Hobby-Search,

--
      all our prayers and positive thinking
      go out to our fellow-friends in Japan right now,
      -----------------------------------------​

-
      llsonya, they are stationed at Tokyo Setagaya, yes they wrote a statement earlier,
      the statement mentions the devastation they feel about the incident(s) and basically how they will investigate
      and offer replacement/refund of their WEBSHOP merchandise if it has possibly failed to reach out to their clients,
      no mention about the future of this lottery yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they did cancel or postpone it,
      --

10. [​IMG]
      [Noppin] | 2011/03/15
      international participation for the
      Elder 「U-noa Quluts」 Sister | 「Ange/アンジェ」「Belia/ベリア」
      lottery, has been announced and verified by Crescent Trading Inc

-

11. Oh my~ Why Araki-san is trying to kill me from loving his Unoa girl? I just have a Lusis but I considere myself a Unoa Freak!
      Hope I can sell few doll parts and see if I am able to get one of these girls *3*

12. Very interesting. I hope we see some clearer pictures before the lottery ends.

13. Awww, so wonderful. I will definitely try to win one ^_^

14. Is it the angle in the magazine advert or does Belia really have a smaller bust? If so, I'm sunk!! Maybe even if not. The 2.0 and chibi just didn't catch me and I already want a Zero, bigger girl, bigger bust feels right, somehow. But with these, the fp being compatible with 1.5 makes it a very sore temptation to put in for her in the first production run lottery. It is still a mystery to me why Mr Araki has not made another regular SD size after UNOSS though, when I first saw the picture I assumed these were. I have read (through translator) his old blog and know he is a pretty private person but is there a biography or a listing or chronology of his body of work anywhere, by chance?

15. According to the description (as per one of n66x's previous posts), I am guessing they come with a small and large bust part:

this package comes with:
      fully assembled default slender body + glamorous(big chest) part + bunny Ears + basic accessories

16. Thank you, I should have been more clear in my wondering if they would be basically flat+busty chests like 1.5 or what is considered more regular (B-C cup) for the Slender then the Glamorous being D cup or so. Just excited and impatient to see more like everyone else, I guess... :)

17. the bust sizes are, I assume, similar to the chibi ones, the cute completely flat and then boom!!! XDXD
      but since the contacting bottom part is the same(chibi had different,one was wider)
      they offer both chest plates in every package,

pictures will come soon, it's just with all this sadness and power blackouts going on there right now,
      they didn't have time to get everything ready in time, I'm sure by the time noppin uploads their system's addition,
      they'll have everything eventually prepared and clearly visible there so any such confusion will vaporize,lol,

Araki probably hasn't created another 1/3 cause then his own AL company doesn't seem to be able to handle that kind of production on a regular bases,
      he sold the rights for U-noss to Volks then discontinued her, and he hasn't retrieve the rights for Zero from Hobby-Japan yet, nor do I think he'll ever will,
      simply because molding and casting a bigger doll demands more time and work,quality control is more prone to failure, much bigger pieces for each package, etc,
      and the cost / gain equivalence is not as prosperous with bigger dolls as it is with the smaller ones,
      (if you intent to keep the price at a humble client friendly level,)
      I wish I'm wrong with this but so far it seems this way, he really seems more comfortable with the smaller dolls...
      (wish one day for a large 1/3 Chibi/1.5-like doll thought,something as cute as his life-sized 2008 children project maybe?!XD)

18. n66x
      Yeah, you're right... I think the same ^^
      He's an artist and I don't think he would like to see something going pretty wrong if he tries a production of bigger dolls without being well prepared for this. Well AL isn't a big company, not as Volks, SOOM, Fairyland and other dolls' companies. I prefer this way, so he can create patiently and everything wents fine and great at the end ^^ But I really wish someday AL gets able to do a 58~60cm girl and if possible a boy too! It would be AWESOME! *---* Maybe Chibi boys at the moment? That would be also great!

19. That was my thought too, just musing or wishing for another that size. The freedom of creative flow is much more important. I so admire his body of work I have seen ao far, even if certain dolls or figures are not right for me. I still love to see them and the pictures of the 1:1 figures I have seen all fascinate me. I am looking up the resources like Montparnasse and the 2 U-noa Freak magazines to buy to learn more. I understand why someone might not publically recommend what is considered a controversial magazine otherwise but I want to read and see as much as I can of his work, please pm me with additional resources if anyone might have them.