1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Minis discussion part 1

Aug 8, 2009

1. To answer your question about posing, I think that this body poses very good in my opinion. I will say that it's strung very tightly so you might want to restring the body, that's if you want to.

I took some photos of my Elaine doll, sorry about the quality of these pictures. I was in a rush, so I'm sorry if you see stuff in the background.

[​IMG]
      This is her kneeling down, she doesn't need any support whatsoever, the only problem is her feet. So make sure her feet isn't in the way!

[​IMG]
      This is her also kneeling, but just showing her kneeling up.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

This is her sitting down and showing what her back looks like as you pose the body.

[​IMG]
      I hope this helps! I'm sorry I don't have more pictures of her but if you have anymore questions I'll be happy to answer them!

2. This helps me so much! I love all the pictures you added. Is she white skin or pink skin?

3. I glad this helped! She has white skin.

4. Hi may I ask how near can she touched her face? :)

5. If you're talking about her hands, it depends. I took some pictures and this is her hand right in front of her face.
      [​IMG]

If you pose it around a bit, like put her hand on top of her head, it pretty much stays.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

And here is the profile view of how close her hand is.
      [​IMG]
      I hope this answers your question!

6. Yes you did. My Elaine will arrive next week. Will definitely share her pictures here. Thank you very much! :)

7. No problem! I'm glad to help!

8. Sad to hear this body is single jointed :ั I was interested in this body and I still don't reject it. Can somebody share any comparison photos with other different companies MSDs please? I am searching for comparison photos but all of them show only very old 5stardoll's msd body, not this new.

9. So I know I want to get this body, but now the website has added another skin color, and has breast size options. Should I hold out on ordering until they are fully done updating their site? It's seems like every time I check something new has changed on the website. It's hard to get information on a company that is constantly changing!

10. If anyone has ANY pictures of this body, please please post them!

11. Are their MSDs (specifically, well, girls) considered slim msd or standard msd?

Hey everyone! I am interested in getting a 5stardoll, but I have been having a hard time figuring out if they're slim or standard? I have seen photos of the old body, and it looks like it would probably be 'slim,' but I haven't seen any of the new body so I don't know where they fall anymore. Here are the measurements per the website:

Elaine - Ball Jointed Doll โ™” 5STARDOLL

"Height 41cm
      Circumference of Head 7/8inch
      Circumference of Chest 18 cm(big Chest), 16.5 cm(default small chest)
      Circumference of Waist 14cm
      Circumference of Hip 20cm
      Width of Shoulders 8cm
      Length of Leg 22.5cm
      Length of Arm 12.5cm
      Foot length 5.4cm"

It doesn't seem too different from my Withdolls, but I have heard someone say they aren't slim msds but I'm not sure how accurate that is?
      And, for future reference - when just going off of measurements - when would be the point a doll isn't slim but standard?

(also, if anyone has a 5stardoll Elaine or Alyssa and can give me the exact head circumference and eye size in cm I'd appreciate it, I've been having a harder time than I care to admit figuring out it, since it seems 14mm and 16mm are thrown around but 16mm seems awfully big for a msd...)

#691 Epona, Oct 30, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
    12. Slim MSD shirts should fit pretty well, the arms are a little bit longer on the 5stardoll though.

Biggest difference is the waist is thicker, the legs being longer too, pants might not fit so well.

[​IMG]

Just for comparison, here's against an Iplehouse JID, which is a non-slim doll. While the 5stardoll doesn't match the A-line exactly, I'd say it's definitely closer to slim than to non-slim.

[​IMG]

13. I dont think that Elaines body is slim. The torso is a thicker and the body is just longer in general. Some slim clothes might fit (skirts, socks, maybe some loose shirts) but most wont. The bighest problems are probably the hands and feet (unless you plan to take them of when you dress her)
      Here is a comparision between the old Elaine Body (idk about the new one) and a minifee a line: Comparision

the quality isnt very good, it' s super dark here and my hands are shakey! Hope this helps anyway.

And btw, I' d go for 12 or 14mm eyes. Both fit pretty well! My Elaine normally wears 12mm.

14. Posting a very old picture of my Elva to see if I can get the new way of adding pictures to work.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#694 ankhensepnamun, Feb 17, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    15. Nobody has Henry, Cindy or Elaine? These are nice dolls, priced reasonably.

16. Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (and to the hobby in general) and I'm looking for owner pics of Henry... I can't find photos of him anywhere D: can you help me please?

17. Anyone that owns the 5stardoll boys could measure their neck? I'd like to know for a possible hybrid, but a search didn't bring me anything ;C

18. If you don't get an answer soon, I'd suggest emailing them. 5stardoll was pretty responsive when I contacted them about special resin colors :)

19. Yeah, once they answer, I might as well put it up here in case others need to find it
      I have a 30cm boy body, and with a minor mod on the peanuts, it was a wonderful bet. Are they still offering fantasy colors for dolls other than Aiden? They were pretty cryptic last time I tried asking them
      ED: they replied,
      The boy body neck circ. is 6,8cm
      And they said they can make most bodies in tan/gray (although when I tried ordering through a taobao agent they wouldn't cast the 30cm body in gray :huh?:

#699 bluekitsune, May 14, 2018
      Last edited: May 17, 2018
    20. Anyone have the 5StarDoll Alyssa? I'm very interested in her and I just wanted to see more owner photos. I'm already pretty sure I want to get her as my little space elf.

Tags: