1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Minis discussion part 1

Aug 8, 2009

1. I'm seconding the Alyssa owner pics please . My hand is hovering over the buy option on DDE as they have one in stock and she looks beautiful and I need an elf in my crew.

2. Hi I bought a Cindy not long ago and I need shoes for her. What shoes will fi

3. Hello everyone,

This thread seems like it's gone quiet for some time now. I just wanted to post that I ordered a Cindy not that long ago and I'm currently waiting for her to come in! I was just wondering what eye size is suggested? The website says 14mm but I like slightly smaller irises in my dolls to make them look more realistic. Has anyone tried a 12mm eye in any of their minis?

4. Hey everyone!
      Seems the thread has gone quiet for awhile now, as @Justjordy0 said. However, I thought I'd mention it seems that 5stardoll seems to have discontinued many of their dolls - all msds (besides Henry, for some reason), as well as many dolls in other sizes. I'm not entirely sure what's going on 5stardoll's side... I had sent them an email in late October asking if they'll be sold again eventually, and 5stardoll told me the following:

"Those sold out dolls will not be online again. Thank you for your support. Have a good day."

So... yeah. No idea what's going on. :'D DDE dropped them as a company they carry awhile ago, and 5stardoll doesn't have any announcements on their website about the discontinuations.
      I wish they announced the discontinuation beforehand - I would have loved to get an elf Elaine. Luckily DDE had one Alyssa left in stock though! They do mention "factory equipment upgrade" (not sure when they posted it on their website), so hopefully that's a good sign they aren't closing down, though.

5. Yes, I had noticed that they had discontinued some of thier dolls last time I visited their site. It's a bit of a shame as Cindy had been on my wishlist for a while. It would have been nice to have had an warning of the discontinuation to have a last chance to buy. But i'm aware that a lot of BJD 'companies' are individuals or a very small team and life stuff happens and they have to suddenly stop.
      Thanks for asking them if it's a temporary break and sharing the reply, it's useful to know that it's a permanent discontinuation.

6. That's such a bummer, I really do like all their MSDs. I almost wonder if they'll make a new msd body that's double jointed? Like the old ones were.

I ordered a Cindy back in August but they messed up my order and I'm currently waiting for my new doll from them. Luckily they caught the issue before they sent my doll out so I don't mind waiting for the new one, but then they announced that everything would be delayed for 40 days so I'm still waiting :sigh I have to say that I'm excited for any new sculpts they might release in the future.

7. My first thought was that possibly they were making a new body, but I don't know why they'd discontinue so many sculpts in doing so. :c For some reason Henry is still available so I don't know if he was missed or if 5stardoll has so many that were already made and they're just waiting for them to sell out. I hope you get your doll soon, though!

8. Sad news, I had my eye on their MSD girls

9. I've wanted Amy with the fullset for a while. Is the company even still in business? Their FB, Instagram, and Twitter haven't been updated in a while. :(

10. No. They’re out of business. The website is up but whatever is not sold out is what they have left.

11. Oh this makes me sad :( My first resin doll is from them.

12. I know. i really liked their dolls too. My first SD were from them. Still have few 5stardolls and would not let them go.

13. Are you sure they're out of business? Last I heard they were just discontinuing their old bodies and upgrading them. They had posted a new 1/6 body on their instagram earlier this year.

14. Do you have their IG link?

Edit: NVM lmao I forget I added to the wiki xD

15. So I recently bought an Elaine (elf ver) secondhand so I decided to take a peak at 5stardoll's website, which I haven't done in a long while... Seems like since they've discontinued a lot of their dolls, they've at least added a few new things onto their website. Not much, but something - so they're definitely still around, but I still wonder what caused them to retire so many of their dolls. :(

16. According to the den of angels wiki, as of like… mid 2022 5stardoll is now out of business.

Their website has now been bought by a coffee mug company which is bizarre. Why make coffee mugs with the with the company name of 5stardoll…? Such a shame… 5stardoll had some really lovely dolls, too.

17. They’ve long been going out of business for the past 3-4 years with decline and not putting out newer dolls. I really liked their dolls and have few of them. I started into the hobby with their dolls. Let’s hold our glasses up for them.

18. Yeah... It was so peculiar they abruptly discontinued so many of their dolls... in March of 2021, they made this new yosd, and I think that was the last doll update.

5stardoll on Instagram: "New doll Meng Meng"

They definitely went out with a whimper :( I remember being so charmed by them when I first found out about them when I was new, their Eric sculpted definitely tempted me as far as SDs go, and I loved Cindy, Alyssa/Muran, and Elaine as far as their msds went.

19. I loved their earlier dolls, there were few MSD around the time Edmund and Tumnus was out that I wanted but no longer available. I have both Edmund, Tumnus, and Emma, as well Elaine and Muran. Also Miss S. Seeing how the company just vanished, I am hanging onto them tightly now.

20. I just bought an Alyssa! I’m excited to get her and I got her for a good price cuz of the sale ($132 with shipping including) I always wanted a 5stardoll but I took a break from the hobby for a few years and was sad to see they might not be in business after this. So I didn’t want to have any regrets so thankfully I had a little bit of bday money

#720 ellie, Apr 2, 2023
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
Tags: