1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Minis discussion part 1

Aug 8, 2009

1. She's lovely! I'm holding out (barely) for 5Star to come out with their SD line . . . . Although I wish they'd come out with a couple SD elves. *whimper*

2. (mhdolls) thank you for this useful information
      the comparison was really helpful

3. mhdolls: thanks for the comparison shots, your girl has such a sweet, muted expression. Love her freckles, the 5Star body has such smooth body lines~

4. little_rika: Your girl is lovely. I love that colour on her.

mhdolls: Oh, I've been wanting to see some owner pics of Yoka. She looks gorgeous. Do her eyes sit okay in the socket? I noticed on some of the photos there seemed a small gap in the eye corners but the eyes on yours look like they are sitting perfectly. And thanks for the comparison. I was wondering how she compared to other MSD dolls.

kirahfaye: I actually emailed 5SD about their SD line and was told that they hope to get the dolls for that size out by October. I'm hanging out too to see what their SD females will look like.

I still love Yoka though but I haven't decided whether I want a MSD or SD yet so I'm sitting tight for now and procrastinating more!

5. October? Awwww - last I heard it was supposed to be July . . . .

6. thanks, Shirahime~ I notice she looks best in dark colors...

awwh...I had my heart set out on seeing them! can't be helped, I suppose, what with how much work they're doing!

7. July? Ohhh ... that would be great if they released it in July. I emailed them about two weeks ago about their SD dolls. Maybe October is a timeframe they are giving themselves in case they run behind? All speculation of course. I do know they are planning to release their clothing line soon. When I emailed, they said they hope in a month and that was at the beginning of this month. I'm quite excited to see their clothing line actually. I love the ones pictured on their MSD dolls, especially the one Yoka and Emily are wearing.

8. No, October is probably correct . . . sigh. . . . ah, well, more time to save dollieh monies!

9. Emma= new doll I want. What does their tan skin look like? anyone have pictures?

10. @ neomasterno1 - There's a colour chart at the end of this page. You just need to scroll down a bit. It looks like a nice tan colour.

11. Just found out about 5star. Keeping tabs on this thread as I love with little Emma, but I dunno... I was planning on getting a Bobobie Apollo soon, and she might look rather small next to him. He's about 60cm. Can anyone get me comparison pictures? ^_^'

12. ARoseForMary - This isn't exactly a comparison with a 5Star doll but it's a general comparison between the SD and MSD sizes which might give you an indication. I found this photo on flickr which might help. I am having the same issue as my boy is 62cm and I had been tossing up getting one of the 5Star MSDs but the size difference makes me hesitate.

13. thanks everyone. I really think this new company is great (yes here too for wanting a 60cm girl from them). Yoka has that serious/sad look I love so much.

mhdolls: Oh, I've been wanting to see some owner pics of Yoka. She looks gorgeous. Do her eyes sit okay in the socket? I noticed on some of the photos there seemed a small gap in the eye corners but the eyes on yours look like they are sitting perfectly. And thanks for the comparison. I was wondering how she compared to other MSD dolls.

I think that's because the eyes they send with her are too large. They send 14mm and I used 12mm which fits much better.

I love the body line. Very clean and slender.

14. I was thinking maybe we should start a database thread even though there is few of 5SDs on DoA? Or a picture requesting?

15. I think there are some threads in the picture request thread but I think they are for specific sculpts rather than a general 5SD thread. There are a few people with 5SD dolls aren't there on the forum? I was hunting down for that company on the database but didn't see the company listed so yeah, it'd be great if there was a database for 5SD dolls. I know I am still waffling between several of their sculpts and would like to see more owner pictures.

16. hrmm, alrity then~ Anyone care to brainstorm for a snappy thread title...? DX Here's a photo of Reika rockin' Kura's eyes! They look bluish, but pupils' waaayy too small. Makes her look high or something XD

17. Well, I just ordered 5Star's Edward, the elf, in tan. He's been on my wish list -- actually, he's been on Frankie's wish list. She's my Bobobie Pixie, whom I adore, and she's fallen hard for Edward <g>. Ordered him blank so will spam some blank face photos and some faceups when I get him.

18. woot! Congrats in advance, AnitaS! Can't wait to see pics of your elf boy, and I bet you and Frankie can't wait for him to arrive~

19. Woo I'm so glad this thread has gotten more activity since I was last here!! I love my Lennox (Ryan) and I'm totally getting a girl body for Moth!!!!

20. I've fallen completely for Lura. I just think she looks so pretty and confident.
      Time to start saving I think

Tags: