1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Minis discussion part 1

Aug 8, 2009

1. Awww it's so cute!

2. Little_rika: That's so cute. She's looks great/

3. Thank you SO much for posting those Lura photos. I think the company faceup makes it almost impossible to see what she really looks like (those dark red lips, sigh. . .). Can't wait to see what you do with her. My Edward came with huge purple (no pupil) eyes too. Don't know why they do that. . . Lura looks like she has those wonderful delicate elf ears as well.

4. She does :fangirl: If I hold her up to the light, I can see through them! It's sooo cute.
      Pleased you liked them though. The company photos really are no good

5. I thought I should let everyone know that 5stardoll redid their website and added two new 1/4 dolls to it.
      Also does any know if dollzone hands will fit on a 5stardoll girl body?

6. I really like Ji, though Chu looks looks a little too about-to-cry sad for my tastes.... and they finally have some clothes up!

7. Hehe Ji is really cute, and I love the wig on Chu...but you're right, she seems sad.
      But you can't buy the clothes without buying the doll, which is annoying.

8. Another new mini 5SD is available, Jessica.

9. I like jessica. She's very young looking yet at the same times seems mature too. I love her face up but i think she would look better with larger sized eyes.

10. Hi everyone!
      I'll be ordering either Chu or Emma soon. I think it's going to be Emma though.
      I really like their clothing!
      I'm hoping that they start selling everything separate soon and finish with the updates.
      Can anyone confirm if this is a slim msd or not?

11. Hmm...Jessica is pretty, but something just seems a little off. Not sure what.

12. @barmy I definally think it's the eyes there's a gap or something.

13. 5Star always uses really high-domed eyes in their promo shots, and it always make them look weird, especially from side angles.

14. ooh, I like Jessica's pink make-up~

barmy: hrm...well she has a kind of 'wince' in her left eye, on the inner corner of it you can see that the resin is carved out verrry slightly different that the right.

pinkeed: hello~ and yup! they're slim mini's with teenager-like bodies~

15. I love Chu, her little sad face reminds me of my Soulkid Miryu a lot, they could be sisters!

16. You're probably both right about that...
      They really need to find someone new to do their promo shots I think. They really don't show the doll off as well as they could.

17. Barmy: yup, their photography is unflattering for the dolls... ,_m buut it's an improvement from how it used to be before, the pictures used to be overly-saturated XD

18. Just ordered Emma and now awaiting her arrival. Where do you guys usually find or buy clothes for your dolls?
      Or I've been thinking about trying to make clothes...

19. Good point little_rika, at least they're getting better.

Pinkeed: I make most of my clothes...but most msd stuff should fit, you just have to check measurements.

Tags: