1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5stardoll Supers

Jan 6, 2011

1. I'm not sure, but I really like the face. It doesn't look like Becca or Michelle, but I've never seen a blank of either head

2. Liiitle Akira-spam:
      [​IMG]

3. He is so cute, Innelda_Isher!!!

I guess I'll toss in a photo of my Edmund too!
      [​IMG]

4. Innelda_Isher
      heyxxkelsey

Love your Edmund's!
      Both are so adorably cute!
      I must post some spam of mine soon!

5. heyxxkelsey,
      Molliebean
      thank you very much! I love him really madly!

heyxxkelsey,
      your boy is about from 60s)))He is so cute and fun)

Molliebean
      I want to see your Edmund. Is he in tan skin, right?

6. Molliebean, I really would love to see your Edmund! I love seeing how different all our boys looks!

Innelda_Isher, I wouldn't say 60's, but he is very cute, and I'm pretty sure he'd hurt me if he could move on his own!

7. little question:
      is there somebody, who wants to order at 5sd? i need some cloth and hands. but they don't sell me this without a doll.
      i mean, i understand that, but.. i need cloth XD

8. heyxxkelsey
      I didn't mean something bad, I just like old-fashioned glasses very much! Your boy is pretty guy)))

Rin Yhun
      if you couldn't find neighbour, you can send me a letter, we'll order some dolls from 5star during event period.

9. Omg <333 More Edmnunds <333
      I thought I was the only one, heh

10. Ahh! Their summer sale is pulling me in! If you spend $300, you get a free head and a free tiny!

11. Yeah very tempting. I was doing the math and if you buy one of the Super boys, A Super boy body and Dark, Bright, and Angelo's outfits it's 600$ even. which gets you a head, a mini, and a tiny.

This is how I ended up with too many dolls in the first place. Now I'm trying to talk myself out of that.

12. I caved, I got an Edmund, faceup and Angelos outfit, which got me free eyes, wig, shoes, a Tumnus Head and Tiny Mia.

Including shipping it's cost $375, and I'm doing it on layaway. Wow.

Considering I wasn't even planning on getting an SD or a tiny, I'm a little bit shocked! But happy, I've been looking at Edmund for a while and this is the perfect chance to get him :)

13. Edmund is a cutie, I'm working on my Edmund's faceup right now. I got him during the last Summer event as my freebie when I ordered Tumnus

14. Does anyone know, if you buy the Angelo costume, does it come with the boots?

And how many parts does the costume come in? Is it cape, pants and top?

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. What size shoes do the Super boys wear?

15. Does anyone know anything about the resin on these dolls. I have heard that the older versions have a tendancy to yellow as they were french resin. I am tempted by their looks so any help with technical details would be very appreciated.
      Excuse my ignorance if this is a really silly question!

16. Hi, there are no silly question.

Yellowing - all dolls made of resin yellow, french resin or utherane, it doesn't matter - all will yellow. Some just a bit slower than others. The white and other pigments in the resin deteriorate under the influence of time, warmth and sunlight. Most companies these days use something in their resin that helps with UV protection, but that does not stop yellowing. Even if you keep your doll in the fridge in the dark it will still yellow over time. You can only slow the proces by keeping it out of the sunlight (which helps cause it will yellow the exposed parts more - which results in uneven colours) and sealing the doll with a Mister Super Clear UVcut. The layer of MSC will yellow much more than the doll in that case. So when you clean it, the resin under it will be a lot less yellow.

I have 1 yellowskin tiny from april 2011, a red tiny from november 2011 and a white skin SD body from november 2011. The yellowskin doll might be a bit lighter than she used to be (that is possible with yellow skin), the redskin must have yellowed some by now, but I do not see it and the white skin is a bit more creamy yellow than it used to be. I think the rate of yellowing is slow compared to for example my normal pink skin dollzone doll. Fairyland is also said to yellow rather fast.

I think the resin used by 5stardoll is of a good quality - also the one they used up untill june last year (the french) - oh, the red resin is still the french resin I think.
      If I ever want another doll I would choose the yellowskin though - I reallu like the colour and it seems to yellow to a lighter tint instead of darker.
      If you take a look around the forum you'll find more info on yellowing. Some red pigments in tanskin can turn greenish... (No, I have not seen or heard of that happening with 5stardoll tan dolls).

17. At the 'parts' part of the site you can see the doll sizes - the SD male feet are 7,5 cm.

A costume usually comes without the boots. You can write the people from 5stardoll and ask about the boots, they might have some for you to buy. You can also ask them about the costume parts.

18. I specially put normal skin body to sunshine (I live in very sunny place). It became more yellow in 1.5 days. Yellowing is very even, without stains.
      My 1.5 years old normal is more yellow and light then new resin. My 6-month-old normal is lighter.

on top Doll Leaves NS - about 6 month old
      5SD - 3 month (when photo was made)
      in center 5SD 1,5 years old
      bottom Soom CW (2 month old) and 5SD white (new)
      with flash -
      [​IMG]
      without flash
      [​IMG]

19. Molliebean,
      he is georgious! 5star tan is very beautiful, but you need be careful with it, if you want to clear his make-up. Most gentle solvent can leave stains and patterns on it...