1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5stardoll Supers

Jan 6, 2011

1. I can't wait to see Dark in blue! I have never seen one!
      Hello there Thad...thinking devious thoughts?
      @ iamkathybrown Did you get these photos yet? I can try to get them tonight if you still need them.. or next weekend.

2. Isn't he always. Thad got a new thing, so I should take photos of him in it, but he says he needs accessories before that. I guess I'd better get to work. *_*

3. @Molliebean Not yet. I would love pictures, thanks! I am in the middle of ordering the head and I would love a body to put it on. All the flexibility photos I've seen are of MSDs.

4. Thanks so much! That's the most recent body, right? And the arms are round joints?

5. She is at least 2+ years old. her joints are round.

6. Quick question :did 5star update the male body since the promopics for dark were made? The body in the promopics seems different than the 62 cm body

7. They updated both male and female sd bodies. I had old version and got the new version. Sorry I can't provide pictures to compare because I no longer had the older one but I can tell you, I didn't like the newer version much. Especially the male legs. The women's newer version is far different from the older one.
      I did ask 5stardoll about if it were possible to request older version of the body and I have been given the answer "yes". But that was a while ago. Can't hurt to ask.

8. From the company photos i really like the body that is listed under "parts " which is the new body i think. What bothered you about the legs? Shape or engineering?

9. Generally, the older body and the newer body are similar but the newer one are more defined. The legs... The top part of it bothers me the most, it has this part where it clicks into the hips and the mobility parts. It is the engineering of it that annoys the hell out of me especially when I try to dress him, his legs would get twisted out of place and I have to remove the clothes to fix it back in and redress him. I am considering doing a extensive mod to make the legs similar to the old one if 5stardoll would not let me order older version of the legs itself.

10. I looked through my phone photos and found that I did actually take pictures. Here are what I was trying to explain. The older version did not have this but just like other BJD legs, smooth rounded top.
      Flickr
      In this picture, when you sit it down, the edge comes to rest on the rim to hold its sitting position.
      Flickr
      In the second picture here, the top of the thighs are separate pieces and they are mobility joints, much like iplehouse's mobility joints except the inside rim is serrated, like gears to hold in places when you move them around.
      In all, the engineering is great for posing and mobility, but they string them loosely that they are annoying to me. I prefer the simplicity myself.

11. Thank you for the pictures! They helped a lot :D i dont mind doing some modding,but i guess ill decide when he gets home :D i really love the look of the body

12. Not happy about Darks face-up, but as of today he has a body and no longer has to share Gabriel's. :)
      And I find he can actually wear the clothes Gabriel came with (they were free with the doll because I was one of the first 20 or so people to order Gabriel - I would never have spent $100 on them, even though they're nice enough...)

[​IMG]

13. My dark in blue skin is going to be shipped this week and i am exploding with excitement. Im planning on doing a boxopening since I havent seen much 5star SD unboxings.

I hope my dye also finds It's way to me, so I can paint his copper Android arm :dance

14. Exciting! I can't wait to see him!

15. I am excited for a blue skin Dark, sounds go cool.

Thaddeus hasn't had his photo taken for a while. I guess I'd better remedy that or he will be unbearable.

16. I cant wait either! Ive never seen one in blue, so i have no reference of what it will look like. I think he might be the only blue one around

17. Been a while since I posted here and since people were talking of Dark, here's mine. I present Saraf, God of Primal Flame and Lord of Metallic Dragons. Saraf is in the dark grey resin and he has a FL event arm that I metal leafed in gold and silver.
      [​IMG]

18. I just mentioned his gold and silver leafed arm to a Facebook friend, it is so nice to see it again. He looks wonderfully colorful!

19. Cool. I wish it held up better in the joints but.... overall I'm pleased with how it turned out.