1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5stardoll Supers

Jan 6, 2011

1. @Nyara thanks... apparently the body I got wasn't 5stardoll, unless it's much older AOD or older 5stardoll. The body style and shapes scream it. Looks like I am going to have to email 5stardoll to see if they can send me a picture of their older body. I know that one you showed me was body B while the current one is like the third in line.

2. Just dropping in to ask if anyone has any idea if the new 71cm male body is single jointed and if 5Stardoll take custom resin orders?

3. Usually their larger dolls are double jointed but it looks like it's is single and email them about custom resin color, they no longer offer it. All I know that they do normal yellow but you have to comment in the message box when ordering the doll. It wouldn't hurt to ask on both thing, they're great at communicating. ^_^

4. @Cloudsorano Thank you for your reply. I'll have to keep searching then! Unfortunately I really do need a custom resin job, but may have to resort to dyeing to get the body and colour I need. The single joints really are a deal breaker for me too, which this body appears to have. Oh well!

5. I got my 5StarDoll Dark unfortunately I received the wrong body, they sent me the 62cm body instead of the 71cm. Oddly enough though I really love the body he came on so I've decided to keep him as is. I'm really sorry that I will not be able to provide photos of the 71cm body though. :(

6. Well, that's quite the mistake... have you checked that the order was correct? I believe there is a price difference between the bodies, maybe you could ask for a partial refund? Or at least some form of compensation if it was their mistake?

7. TokyoLynn, you are probably better off with that 62cm body since it is double-jointed. Going by the pictures on the 5Star site, the 71cm body appears to be single-jointed.

What the heck, 5Star! Why would they go backward in the engineering on their newer 71cm body? Going from double-joints to single-joints makes no sense to me. (They did the same thing on their new 26cm bodies, and I hate the lack of poseability on that new body.)

8. @Enid Black Yeah DDE is sending me a gift card with the difference so it's all good.

@Rabbit-moon Oh wow I wasn't aware of that. I'm glad I got the 62cm body after all.

9. TokyoLynn, would love to see a photo of your Dark! :love

10. Looks like the 62cm dolls (Eric, Kevin, Angelo, etc.) are no longer “sold out” on 5Star’d site. I noticed this morning that they’re all available for pre-order again. hehe I may be able to get an Eric after all :)

11. I have a Dark. This is Saraf, God of Primal Flame & Lord of Metallic Dragons. He's in the special request dark grey with the default face-up. He's also sporting a FL event arm that I metal leafed in gold & silver. I'm going to mod his regular arm to be similar as the mag hand of the FL drives me nuts and never stays on properly. Edenlei is a Geomancer of Saraf and his husband. Edenlei is a Unidoll UH-08 Elf.
      [​IMG]IMG_0198 by ID Locke, on Flickr

12. Wow! SapphireStargazer, that's great news! I hated to see those lovely sculpts go away! :aheartbea

Iron_Dog, your Dark is gorgeous! What a beautiful color his grey is! :love. Thanks for the photo!

13. I ordered both of those bodies in May last year, both in Normal Skin. Mid-August they contacted me to let me know the bodies were ready but that if I wanted them in Normal Pink it would take time to make them. I didn't even know they were offering any other shade of normal skin since they only had the option for White or Normal, and now I see in their dropdown that they're offering Normal Pink. The bodies I received were too yellow (very similar to OnlyDoll Normal Yellow) but worked pretty well with the really really old mellowed heads that I got, although it probably would've been nice to have had that Normal Pink option at the beginning, just for comparison.

14. @satyrsmoon They used to offer a pretty wide range of colours, including NSY and NSP. At one point, they would also cast their other bodies in the colours they offered for Aiden5 and Jadeite, by special request. I love their NSP. That's what colour my Kevin is. I've had him well over two years and I'm really pleased with the way the resin has kept its colour, too.

I don't see the jointed hands listed on their Parts section any more. They also don't seem to have the other heads for Kevin and Eric any more (Eric human and Kevin elf used to be a thing). I may have to email them and ask about those, because I have something specific in mind, but I have no idea if it's even possible any more. :(

15. When I ordered my Dark, I emailed them for the dark grey grey resin, which wasn't listed on their site at the time but was available through special request (which they sent me for like $5). They sent me little tiles of all the colours (including the dark grey but not the red and green) so they might still do that if you ask for a resin sample to see what their colours are like.

16. That's great that it seemed like they're offering other options for resin colours. However, at the time I placed my order, the only ones that were in the dropdown were White and Normal, with no distinction that they even had two kinds of NS. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't even know they had more resin options until they told me my order was ready wherein they then offered Normal Pink.

17. As of now, the drop down has white and normal pink. But I had a Tumnus head not long ago and their pink was pretty darned pink, so I am asking for white that I will blush with pink. I suppose if I asked, I may be able to get yellow NS, which I need for another doll.

Is their pink still really pink? Or maybe I could ask for a half pink? I think that they sent color tiles was really super cool of them!

@satyrsmoon Do you have pics of the heads on those bodies that I can see please?

#858 chalyss, Mar 13, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    18. @chalyss - I don't have any pics yet but I'll try taking some hopefully this weekend, if that's alright?

19. Of course, thank you!!