1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. I think that's Ray. It's the old environmental resin that they started out with.

I edited my above post: the top girl was Miya, and the one next to Aiden was Kathy, not Katy.

Mr Pumpkin had a resin pumpkin-shaped head cap (which looked like it was an extra cap on top of the head, not part of the actual head) and he had the most adorable pouty face.

I now wish I'd saved pictures from the old site.

I currently have the demon-fish-faced twins, Quintus, Batboy, Aiden, Jadite, Ria, Amy and Jesse.
      But you can never have enough. :D

2. Thanks for the info Fairy Milliner!

I wish I'd kept pictures from their old site, too!

Wow! You have a lovely collection of 5Star 1/6 tinies! You are so lucky you got the fishy-faced twins. They are so cute and unique! :D And, you are right! There can never be enough of them!

I'm pretty sure that discontinued boy is not a Ray. I own a Ray, and they look different. (see picture below.) Ray is an incredibly pouty sculpt. I love his dour little face. :aheartbea

5Star Ray
      [​IMG]

3. @Rabbit-moon - I got a WS Elf chiwoo I named Coal, and a WS Elf Yder - with his archer hands! - I named Jaspar. :D They haven't settled in 100% yet, but I am so happy to have them. <3

Your new girl would look amazing in a fantasy type costume. What kind of style are you thinking? :kitty2 I'm always a fan of fantasy! I think the burgundy color looks great on her. For some reason I am favoring the light shorter wig, which isn't usually my preferred style. I think I like the way it shows her face, and the color looks excellent with the tan skin.

@mollym

Your new dolls looks very happy to be in their new home. Have you thought of any names yet? :) They are so cute, and will be incredible mer-children! I am sure you will figure out how to make them their tails. Carrying bags is an excellent idea. I once had a coffin bag for one of my big dolls I was super proud of. I don't think it kept him as safe as I would have liked. The bags people make for their dolls always seem to be safer! I hope you will share all your progress with us as you go along! :D

@Fairy Milliner - oooh, you have 9? So awesome! :XD: Its funny how that works, isn't it - the ones who got away always have a certain thing to them. :sigh

4. Your Ray is adorable.

I crawled the Wayback Machine for old pictures, and found that the picture you showed is of a doll named Todd.
      I'd forgotten about Todd. :)

I also found Ray's company picture, and he was wearing a white outfit with a hat. I'd forgotten about that outfit as well. I wish I'd bought it now. (I wish I'd bought ALL their tiny shoes when I had a chance, too!!)

I found a thumbnail picture of Mr. Pumpkin as well:

[​IMG]

5. Congratulations on scoring the twins Molly M. One of my major regrets is not being able to get them when they were released. They wouldn't let me buy them separately and I couldn't come up with a big enough order to get them. I was bummed. I am still bummed.
      I shouldn't be greedy as I do have a lot of 5 Star tinies.
      [​IMG]The 5 Star Clan by Kelli, on Flickr
      And then I had to get one more:
      [​IMG]A human body, just like I ordered. by Kelli, on Flickr

Yet I still want those twins...14 wouldn't be too many 5 Star Tinies. They're small. Always room for more. :D Right?

6. Of course it isn't. And having twelve is NO reason not to be greedy. :D

I have nine, but I think if I happened to come across another older one, I wouldn't let that stop me.

7. Thank you pepperonipizza! I actually like the white fur wig better on her, too. White always looks so good with tan skin, and you can see her ears better with that wig.

WOW! You got a WS Elf Chiwoo and a WS Elf Yder! Sweet! I love those guys! Woweee! You are really going back in time to get those two boys; some of CP/Luts' most beautiful boys! I've got a WS Elf Chiwoo, too! And, he has the ancient version-1 body, which is so big and heavy and the resin is absolutely beautiful! I always loved Chiwoo because he's such a pumpkin head, like the older Volks boys. I guess I'll have to go over to the Luts thread to check out your pictures of them.

Congrats again on your getting Coal and Jasper! What a wonderful find!:thumbup

Thank you, Fairy Milliner! Wow! So cool that you found out the name of that discontinued sculpt. Todd? I really don't remember him. He must have been one of 5Star's first 1/6 boys. I didn't discovered 5Star until 2010, anything before that and I'm lost.

Thanks for the picture of Mr. Pumpkin Head. I don't remember that sculpt either. But, he sure is darling with that little pumpkin shell on his head. Was he an event doll?

Yes, I got Ray with that white outfit you described. And, I totally understand what you are saying....I wish I'd been able to buy them all, too. 5Star always had such cool fantasy sculpts: vampires, elfs, mer-twins, chibi Hellboy in red resin and even a green bug-girl. That's one of the reasons I was such a big fan of their company. I'm so thankful I was able to get the dolls that I did get!

Wow Kelli! What a gorgeous family of 5Star Tinies you have! Love them! :aheartbea So sorry 5Star would not sell you the Mer-twins when they were available. That's such a shame!:...(

Thanks for the photo of your Jadite! That was such a brilliant idea; a Jadite on a human body. She's absolutely gorgeous with that lovely green resin!:love

Yes! There's always room for another tiny! :wiggle

#327 Rabbit-moon, Jan 16, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    8. White does look good on TS. Her ears are just too cute to cover up, I think!

Thanks! I am so super lucky. I just love those old CP elves. My Yder is pretty yellow, which is no biggie to me, and my Chiwoo isn't too bad, just a lovely cream, which I love. Chiwoo always has the most serious expression. I also love those melon headed dolls! I miss that aesthetic! Do you have any pics of your Elf Chiwoo? I haven't posted any pics of mine yet. They need face ups (not to mention a complete outfit!), and the weather is too frigid right now to try. :nowords:Its supposed to warm up a lot by the weekend, but then we got rain and lots of humidity coming. Ah, the state of KY! :roll: I can always send you pics when I get them sorted out if you'd like! :kitty2

Wow, @Kelli - what a beautiful 5star family you have! :love

9. Thanks Pepperonipizza! Now, all I have to do is find a fantasy costume for her!

You bet! I'd love o see photos of your CP elves when you've got them all squared away! I LOVE those old sculpts and wish I'd been able to afford more of them when they were still around. I would have loved getting a CP Soony, a Dreaming Shiwoo, and a Yder. Gah! It's such a crime that all those gorgeous sculpts were discontinued!

It you are curious about my Chiwoo, here is link to some pixs of him. (He really needs a new face-up.)
      https://denofangels.com/threads/he-loves-dead-things-ghost-boy-cp-luts-elf-chiwoo.412809/

#329 Rabbit-moon, Jan 17, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    10. Can't wait to see what you can find for her! When you day fantasy, all I think of is medieval, but there's lots more things that fall under fantasy.

I sure will send you pics! I really want to get these guys together. I have too many things taking my attention, lol! I have Jaspar (Yder) stuck in a pony kigurumi that was cute at first, but is really losing its charm. Coal, my elf Chiwoo, is at least not naked any more.

I hear you on that. I have forever regretted parting with my Vampy Shiwoo. :( I wanted a dreaming Shiwoo too, and don't even get me started on the Els! :...( Its like if you had any idea that something would one day be not available any more, would you still part with what you parted with? The question that can drive you literally nuts.

Oh my, thank you so much for the link on your boy. He is just.....perfection! :love He's gorgeous. I love everything about him!

11. Oh, wow.... I can hardly keep up here. These kids are so amazing.... and I'm still scratching my head wondering how they had managed to escape my attention all this time. These older sculpts are so cute. I've been slowly reading through the part 3 thread and really enjoying it. It's too bad that so many of the photobucket pics are dead, but it's amazing to see all the photos y'all have recently posted. Poor little Ray up there looks like he just found out his older brothers ate all the cookies. The variety in the dolls is really fun, we have so many different character types but they are still really cute. Thanks for sharing the photo of Pumpkin @Fairy Milliner. I was trying to imagine what he looked like and was way, way off. Your photo above, @Kelli makes me think of a class photo of the Monster High kids when they were in elementary school. ;)

I agree, @Rabbit-moon, your new girl is incredibly cute. Good score for you! The short wig sure does show those cutie little ears.

These twins are pretty neat. I wasn't sure how I would feel about them, owner pics were hard to find and I don't know if I've ever met a 5 star doll before. The air brush job on them is cool, but it would be nice to someday give them a look of my own creation. I do feel air brush is the way to go with these and I don't have that setup. I've no grey dolls and no 'monster' sort besides a floating head with some vampire teeth that's been stored since he came home. Coming up with their characters should be a lot of fun. I'm imagining they could even be a bonded pair that stays together through all stages of life. I also like how the Eastern Europeans say that mermaids eat boys, so maybe these guys aren't so friendly. Muahhhahaha. I had a lot of trouble finding tinies that appealed to me that also agreed with my wallet. Mine have that three part torso, which is also something I've not noticed in any other tinies. As I understand, there have been four different bodies for these kids? I'm trying to absorb all of this, and it's a lot.... discovering a new-to-me company usually takes me a bit of time.

It is a shame they've been discontinued, I think it would be neat if at some point, the company did a special order period so some of us could have the ones we missed. I sure wouldn't be upset if a boy Tong Tong just happened to show up here! I think I've got that one right, I like my kids to be all smiles. I'm so happy everyone has continued the conversation and is being so helpful. This is a good crowd in this thread for sure. :D

12. I think my Ria may be on the first body, the girl body with the really tiny hands. When I ordered her they had just switched from the old environmental resin to 'regular' resin. I think soon after they had an "A" and a "B" body to chose from, when I got the demon twins and my SD Gabriel.
      Since then they switched a few times and it got really confusing when the old "B" body was now the "A" body and they had a different "B" body... :D
      I have no idea how many different bodies I have on mine, but there must be at least three different ones (not counting Jesse, who is on the Star-5 body but not that much shorter than my old Batboy and Aiden.)

13. @Kelli Maybe you can still find them. When I got mine, it was just by chance from a trade. I bet someone out there might be like the original owner of mine and just have a pair sitting around that don't get much attention. That pic of yours is still gives me a happy giggle, they're the cutest little bunch of 'Monsters' I've ever seen!

Maybe at some point we can do a virtual meetup via skype or something and have a live chat about these kids. They came home and I fell in love with them. <3

14. I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I found a listing for a 5star yo on ebay that is legit, I believe it to be a Kathy on a boys body. Seems normal pink to me.

15. Thanks for the heads-up ahalfling! :thumbup

Is it just me, or does the Kathy sculpt look a bit like a female version of the Ray sculpt? They look so similar to me. :?

16. there's a kane and a chu as well apparently

17. As I read the rules, it looks like self-promotion is a bad thing, but as far as I can tell, just mentioning something we notice being available elsewhere is fine.

Is it known that 5star dolls have been subject to recasting? If so, that's a shame. They seem to be very affordable to begin with, geezy-pete's sake! I know one of those dolls is listed by the original owner of my twins, she uses the same user name on eBay as she does here. She's been in the hobby for a long while, so I would fetch a bet that one is legit. Also, another seller of a yosd size 5 star boy also appears legit as the other listings by the same seller appears to be a regular individual just clearing out some nice items they no longer want. They look like good deals. I would even look into getting one possibly but I already have another layaway going right now for one I'm eager to bring home ASAP. An experienced collector can certainly find some great secondhand deals, the problem with eBay are the newbies that get taken advantage of by scammers. It happened that way to me back in 2010 and it took me 4 years to get that bad taste out of my mouth.

18. Yes, mollym, I think you are right. I'm pretty sure it's okay to let members know if there's a doll up for sale, somewhere. I've seen it done in other threads, and even links provided. You just can't promote yourself, except in the Marketplace.

I'm sorry you got scammed! What a bummer! :( I have always been very reluctant to buy bjds from private parties on Ebay. I do buy from Jeeryama, on Ebay. I've been buying from her for over 10 years, and she's very trustworthy. Although, if I saw a tan 5Star BiBi on Ebay, I'd be tempted. ;)

Here's my Yami and Aiden5. I love these two! :aheartbea (I sure miss the lovely resin colors that 5Star use to have!)

[​IMG]

19. @Rabbit-moon - for me Yami and Aiden-5 are the ones that got away... :(

Still, I shouldn't be moping, as I do have plenty of them... :D

One thing I did notice that is driving me nuts at the moment, though, is that Aiden seems to have lost his tail... I've been moving dolls back and forth in my two small cabinets and somehow somewhere his tail must have fallen off. Which means it's probably still in the room - but if you saw the state of my room, you'd understand why that's small consolation right now... Grrr...

Anyway, here's my crew:

[​IMG]

Batboy, Aiden-10 (sans tail), the demon twins, Amy and Jadite, and sitting down are Quintus, Jesse and Ria.

It's not the best photo, I admit... But at least it's all of them and they're all dressed. More or less... :D

#339 Fairy Milliner, Jan 20, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    20. @Rabbit-moon That's good to know, it's sure nice to notify other collectors when something is available. It helps keep our own collections valuable and gives dollies a second chance to have a home and be loved. I can tell those two in your pic, Aiden and Yami certainly are loved.

@Fairy Milliner What a great looking crew! I'm sure if you keep checking the MP from time to time, you will eventually find the missing members if you are able. Neat to see the twins in a different resin color than my own, cool! There's also a few groups on FaceBook and ebay as well but I'm much more cautious of those, but...... I'm sure the honest collectors out-number the scammers. I know when I loose something, it's a sign it's time to start to clean until I find it.... I feel your pain.

There is a Pink Skin Quintus Girl in the MP. The eBay links to the boys are here and here. One comes with the official company bag, the other comes from a DoA member that uses the same user name here as on eBay. If I saw something fishy about either of those, I'd make sure to mention it. I'd bid myself if I didn't already have one in layaway right now. I hope I'm not being a bad influence on anyone. :aangel: