1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Hi Kelli - I agree with Rabbit-moon the sweaters you made from socks are adorable. Who is the little red head with freckles? I really like the face-up and the sculpt.

2. Yeah Kelli, I am also wondering who the little freckled red-head is? He's very cute with all those freckles!

3. Merlin's Mom and Rabbit-moon, thanks for the kind words about my little sweaters. I am assuming this is the redhead with the freckles.
      [​IMG]Warm and toasty by Kelli, on Flickr
      It is 5 Star's Bibi sculpt. The head was a free gift that came with my very first purchase from the company. I'm afraid the face up is my own work.

4. Kelli he is actually much cuter with your face up than the 5Star face up - I really like how you have him done - what a cutie :D

5. Wow! A Bibi! He looks so great with your face-up! Those freckles are adorable! And, I love the sweater you made for him! (High-5 Girl!:fangirl:)

6. Eeee! Guess who showed up yesterday? Yes, my Maggie finally arrived! :dance

Say "hello" to my little Bunny girl!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      Isn't she darling? *squee*:chibi

7. :love She is beautiful - love her face up!!! Can't wait to see her when you have her styled. She was worth the wait :thumbup

8. OMG, she's super cute! :D What a darling! Love those bunny ears~ Congrats!

9. Thank you Merlin's Mom and Amaterasu! I really love her face-up, too! She has such a sweet and soft expression.

However, there is one thing that I'm not real happy about. 5Star appears to have changed the body of the 26cm dolls without telling anyone. (And not for the good.)

Gone are the double-joints in the arms and legs; this is now a single-jointed body. The mobility joint in the thigh is gone, and so is the ball in the wrist so the posing of the hands is now more limited. And, OMG! look at her hips! (Forget the shorts I got her trying to fit. She has too much junk in her trunk to even button the waist.) And, the shoulders appear to be narrower.

I'm not happy about these changes. I don't understand why they would take a giant step backward in the engineering of their doll bodies. In the future, I hope the original 26cm body will still be available. It was definitely a better poser, and clothes fitting that body was not an issue.

(Left) 5Star Jesse on original 26cm girl body ~ (Right) 5Star Maggie on new 26cm girl body
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. OH My Gosh! The difference is dramatic and really doesn't make sense. I wonder if you can get the original body, but then there is the extra expense. I think you should email 5Star to let them know that the new body is not what was expected even though you ordered her through DDE. I hope they haven't changed the Star10 or Aiden 5 & Yami. Guess I will wait until they are here to get clothes together for them.

Edit: I just went to 5Star's web site and they are showing the body you received as the new generation Star 5 Body- that maybe what will be the body for Aiden 5 & Yami - will have to wait to see. They don't show it in the doll photos only in the parts segment.

#30 Merlin's Mom, Oct 26, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    11. Thanks for the info on the new body Merlin's Mom. Yes, I sent an e-mail to DDE this afternoon with these photos.

Oh well, I'm sure DDE was just as surprised as I was. What can they do at this point? I love the sculpt, and I adore the face-up, so I guess I'll just have to live with her big boo-tay. (Looks like this girl is gonna live in dresses.)

12. That is very big difference in the bodies. :ablink: Just looking at her in your photos, she's got to be at least 1.5 cm wider at the hips, maybe more, maybe less, but a big difference. That sucks. Wonder if the company has updated the measurements yet? She's definitely adorable!

13. Oh yeah! Baby has definitely "Got Back"! Thank goodness I had a dress that fit over those hips!*_*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, here is my Bunny Girl all dressed up! She really has the most adorable face. Even though she is not a great poser, i.e., very kicky & snappy, she just has a sweetness about her that is irresistible.

[​IMG]

#33 Rabbit-moon, Oct 26, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    14. She looks so sweet in that dress and the wig is perfect. Sad to hear that she doesn't pose well. Would hot glue suede or wire help? She really does have a very sweet face:D

15. Hybrid question!
      I'm hoping you lovely 5Star folks can give a gal a hand! I've had so much trouble finding clothing (especially pants) to fit my TongTong that I'm considering hybriding my next doll from them - putting the Bibi 10 head onto the 5 body. Can anyone show me how well that would work with the neck? I am planning to request the older body, not the new one, so it is assuming they will still allow that.

Here's a pic of my girl Inessa as thanks!
      [​IMG]

16. Thanks Merlin's Mom! That's a good idea. I will definitely see if hot glue sueding will help.

Elemental, your TongTong is very cute! I love her beautiful wings!

I know all about the trouble with finding clothes that fit the 5Star 30cm bodies. If you check out this thread, one of our members, pepperonipizza, makes pants that fit 5Star 10 bodies. I have bought several pair from her for my Quintas and they fit great! And, her prices are very reasonable, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first 5Star girl (TongTong) meets my latest 5Star acquisition (Maggie).

[​IMG]

TongTong seems to be having some concerns about those ears...

[​IMG]

#36 Rabbit-moon, Oct 28, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    17. They are sooooo cute together! Tong-Tong does seem to be enticed by Maggie's ears :lol:

Elemental - your Tong-Tong is very cute. The clothes that fit Helen Kish's 12" Bethany also fit the 30cm 5Star dolls, so patterns for clothes for her also fit. I can't help you with how the hybrid would look, but the neck size appears to be very similar so it may work.

18. I think I've mentioned before, but the Ruby Red Galleria Bleuette stuff (which can be purchased from DDE) fits the Star 10 girls perfectly.

19. Thank you Lubelle - I will have to check them out. I am still looking for the perfect dress for Hester when she arrives and a Bleuette dress may be just the thing :)

20. Thanks for the info Lubelle! Always appreciate hearing about a source for clothes that fit those 30cm girls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my Vivian with her BFF, the White Rabbit.

I really need to find a little suit jacket for him; something old-fashioned and fussy. (Though, finding something that fits him might be an issue.)

[​IMG]