1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Hello everyone! I am dropping into this thread because I've placed an order for some adorable 5stardoll tinies and I'm so excited!! I didn't know that there was a "baby Hellboy"-esque sculpt until now, and I absolutely had to have one. Lucky timing that they apparently just brought them back?

2. @Rabbit-moon Patience indeed! A year and a bit?!? Wow! But dollshe sculpts are very gorgeous, I bet the wait was worth it. I've just gotten a body from them and it is so detailed and pretty.

@ahalfling aww I love the shorts and Christmas jumper combo!

Congratulations emac! Which sculpts did you get?

3. Aidan 5 and Aiden 10, both in red — since I couldn’t decide between sad and angry lol. Going to make a baby Hellboy. :)

I also bought BiBi in moon grey but not sure if I’ll keep him... I just wanted a grey baby for once lol

4. Congrats emac on your 5Star order! And, welcome to the thread! :D

Wow Miku_Plantman! Dollshe bodies are beautiful! Congrats on getting one. Yes, it was well worth the wait. I got a Saint in 2012. Saint had been a grail doll of mine since 2006. Mr. Dollshe sculpts really gorgeous hands. :aheartbea. (I have such a thing for beautiful, expressive doll hands. :drool)

5. Congrats! Very exciting times!

Haha me too, there is just something breathtaking about expressive hands.

I paid off the rest of my grey Aiden10 today! Now to figure out what space I can make to accommodate 3 new tinies! (Jadite, Aiden10 and Tony1/6 event doll). Running out of space on my book shelf... Also need to get sewing!

6. Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Is there an existing thread on what clothes/wigs/eyes/accessories work well with these tinies? I do not have any other dolls this size in my collection.

7. So it snowed properly in the UK for the first time in about 8 years, I feel so lucky because usually by the time I get home from work it has all melted. :)

Here are Pain and Panic, Panic is curious about the scary white stuff falling from the sky and Pain just wants to get back inside where it is warm.
      [​IMG]

@emac The Aiden 30cm bodies are a but chunkier than the 26cm dolls I've had in the past, my girl Panic fits dollheart clothes but they are a bit snug on her, all stretchy yosd clothes like leggings, t-shirts and sweaters fit but it is hit or miss with jeans (which is why Pain wears his low) and shirts. I'd say almost all yo-sd shoes fit because their feet are rather petite and most yo-sd wigs fit. So far I have had issues with wigs being a little large but that is easily fixed. I think I have 12mm eyes in mine, will check tonight.

8. LOL! Miku_Plantman, that picture cracked me up! Your kids look like "What the hell is this white stuff?!":shudder

Thanks for sharing! Stay warm! :hug:

9. emac, sorry for the late reply, but like Miku_Plantman said, most Yosd sized clothes fit, but they will be kinda tight. (My DollHeart outfits fit really tight!)

You are going to have better luck if the clothes look stretchy or has an elastic waist. The real problem is length of pants. Because the Aiden10 is 30cm I've had to ask some vendors to lengthen the pant legs for him. Our very own pepperonipizza made me several pairs of pants for my 30cm boys! They fit great! Just look back in this thread for her posts, and you'll find her Etsy link.

10. Thanks folks!! :)

11. I've just had notification that my order has been shipped. I am very excited!

I have a lot of plans form my gargoyle and Jadite, there are a few mods I want to try so the event doll may not like me much by the end haha.

12. Wow! Congrats Miku_Plantman! What exciting news! :dance

Can't wait to see your dolls arrive! Hope you post pictures!

13. @Miku_Plantman That pic is adorable!!!! :D

I can't wait to see the new incoming dollies.... I now have an airbrush to re-do my mermaid twins... but so little time as of late!

14. Miku_Plantman, have your dollies arrived yet? I can't wait to see them! :aeyepop:

15. Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (and to the hobby in general) and I'm looking for owner pics of boy Jay... Does anybody here owns him, perhaps? :3 I'm thinking of buying him as my very first bjd and I'm doing a lot of research!

16. Sorry, it's been a bit hectic recently!

My guys arrived on Friday after a hefty customs ransom note was paid haha!

Here they are! Poor un-named gargoyle is being shy!
      [​IMG]
      And Jadite is a vibrant mint green colour. I'm hoping to make her some clothes this week, the dresses I have are not low-cut enough to accommodate her wings.
      [​IMG]

I think I'm going to hybrid the Anna event doll, I tried making a peakswoods/soom hybrid but I think I like them better as 5stardoll hybrids.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      The 5stardoll body is taller than the soom body so the head proportions are interesting. Will try and get them side by side later.

17. I don't have a Jay, but If you comb through part 1 and 2 of the threads, you may find one! 5star are very nice dolls. I became lucky and have 2 from a trade. I wasn't sure about them until I had them in hand. A 5star doll would make an excellent first doll.

@Miku_Plantman Oh, wow! Those are excellent photos! I'm so happy for you and your new dollies. Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us!

18. Thank you! Actually I'm torn between two 5star, Henry and Jay... decisions, decisions :pout: but I'm glad to know that they're newbie-friendly.

19. Ihh so happy!! Got my 5stardoll Jadite today! :) She was a bit dirty and such, but i will clean her and soon give a faceup and bodyblush <3 Can't wait to post photos!! :)