1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Wow! Congratulations Miku_Plantman! Your new dolls look awesome! I love the color of your Jadite! :aheartbea

Congrats Elfvan88 on getting your Jadite. Looking forward to pictures! :fangirl:

2. @Elfvan88 Yissss!!!!! Share all the photos you like! I'm curious if you would show a photo of Jadite blank perhaps?

@vv_megane Hummm..... randomly pick one as your first and they save and save to get the other one. Here's what happens and I'll tell you this since you are new. You may very well think you are going to have just one....... but eventually the dolls start to get on the internet and brag about what a good home they have. Before you know it, they invite friends to live in your home as well, then they invite other dolls too.... sometimes they take their time and other times they don't. Look at me! I was quite sure I was only going to have one doll because they seemed so expensive. Well, I paid off my vehicle and got a few raises at work..... so..... it's going to happen eventually if you get your first bjd and the two of you are mutually happy. The dolls are the ones that do it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3. @mollym Mischievous little resin things! :XD: Haha thank you for disclosing this secret about dolls!
      Right now I'm 100% sure I'm going to get just one doll, but... I truly fell in love with both of them, so who knows orz
      Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, next year will be 5star's 10th anniversary, so they might have some nice promotions and I'll be able to get a second doll...

4. I can't copy the link with my iPad on the individual photos but here is a link to my Flickr account that I have posted the blank 5stardoll Jadite on :D
      BJDs 2018

5. Yay! Can't wait to see more of your dolls. Your Jadite looks like her resin is darker then mine. No less pretty green but I think my girl is lighter.
      [​IMG]A human body, just like I ordered. by Kelli, on Flickr
      Maybe it's just the lighting. Still awesome to see more Jadites on the boards. :D

6. Hi Megane. I have a Jay but he doesn't have a face up yet.
      [​IMG]5 Star Jay without a face up. by Kelli, on Flickr
      He is a cutie.

7. @Kelli Aww he's so cute even without face-up :D thank you for sharing the pic!

8. @Kelli Jay without a make-up is so cute! :love
      Much nicer than a promo picture on the site. :3nodding:

9. #409 ahalfling, May 6, 2018
      Last edited: May 6, 2018
    10. Omg. My order arrived, and I'm having mood swings here lol

Because Aiden10 is a gorgeous bright red resin -- and he came with all of his "beast" accessories even though the listing said he wouldn't have them! (Revolver, beast hand parts, 2 spare hands, and horns)

...But Aiden5, also ordered in red resin, is lavender? I don't understand. It's not even pink, it's legit a shade of purple IMO.

What do I do here? I understand resin batches can vary, but this is a CRAZY difference!

Aiden10:
      [​IMG]Untitled by emac116, on Flickr

Aiden5:

11. Wow! Loving all the pictures of everyone's darling dolls! :love:love:love

Kelli, your Jay is so cute, even without a face-up! Such a serious little face. If I hadn't landed up ordering a Bibi, I probably would have gotten a Jay.

Wow! Another cute Jay! ahalfling, he looks so adorable in his little school uniform!8-)

Congratulations emac! Wow! Look at your dolly haul! *makes grabby hands*

I love the color of the red resin on your Aiden10! :aheartbea I ordered an Aiden10 in red too, and hope that is the red color he comes with.

Sorry about your Aiden5 coming in the wrong color. He definitely looks like the Moon Purple color that they used on Yami. It's a very pretty color though. But, it's not red. It certainly looks like 5Star made a mistake with your order. Are you going to contact them about the mistake?

12. Yeah, my Aiden10 is perfect, so I hope that yours is too! <3

I did email the company, we'll see what they say. As someone else mentioned, perhaps they sent me someone else's purple Aiden5?

13. I was cruising the 5Star site, and look who has a new face-up! :aeyepop: I hardly recognized her!

[​IMG]

It's Tong Tong! Wow! What a difference a face-up can make. Doesn't she look delicate and pretty?

Here's how she looked before. (This picture is no longer on the 5Star site.)

[​IMG]

14. Oh she looks like a delicate porcelain doll now! Her lips are so cute. :whee:

15. Hmm...I'm actually wondering if they didn't re-do the sculpt. I mean, the new face seems slimmer, the chin appears more pointed, and the lips look so different. I don't know, am I trippin'? :?

16. Yeah, she looks very different but I'm pretty sure it's just faceup magic. :XD: The secret of her face shape might be the positioning of the cheek blush perhaps?

17. Just popping in to ask if anyone could please please please take measurements of the Jadite neck and head. These measurements aren't on the 5stardoll website unfortunately!

18. Still no response from 5stardolls on my weird color Aiden. :(

19. Sorry to hear that emac. I sure hope they get back to you soon. :eek:

Last time I messaged 5Star, they had a live-chat box on their site screen showing they were on-line, and they answered my questions immediately. Of course, I had to do this in the middle of the night because of the time difference.

20. I must have gotten good vibes from your post (and others) because I got a response last night! I think the first response got caught by a spam filter, because they said they tried to reply before. Apparently you guys were right -- the weird colored Aiden was a purple resin boy intended for another customer. 5stardoll has graciously said I can keep purple Aiden, and they're making me a new Aiden 5 in red resin. :)

"Big" Aiden can't wait for his slightly smaller brother to arrive!