5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Ok, guys. I've "finished" my kid Hellboy face up. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty pleased. :) I think it helps that he (and Abe) don't have eyebrows lol -- I painted ones onto Hellboy then pretty quickly removed them, and I'm glad I did!

[​IMG]Untitled by emac116, on Flickr

Abe is requiring more detail work, so he's not finished yet. While waiting for layers to dry, I was able to make him and HB each a little pair of black stretch shorts, plus a singlet-style top for Abe, out of a pair of black socks (lol). I don't know if I'll make Hellboy a shirt, but I do need to tweak Abe's top a bit more. I bought some black Sugru to try molding some little rubber boots for the both of them and a pair of gloves for Abe, and I hope to make little utility belts out of black scrap leather for the both of them. I can draw the BPRD logo onto cardstock and just stitch it on as a "belt buckle".

I'm getting super excited, you guys! I think they'll both be in a pretty good state by Saturday to show Doug! :D

2. Wow! emac, your Hellboy looks GREAT! I'm really impressed! What a splendid job for your first try. :thumbup

And, the costume for Abe looks great, too! Wow! I wish I was as talented. I can't sew worth a lick.

You're making excellent progress. Can't wait to see what you do with Abe (5Star Bibi).

3. And now for Abe... I am less satisfied with Abe than I am with HB, but I think it's mostly due to the fact that BiBi's sculpt is not really Abe, whereas Aiden looks like Hellboy already. I made myself stop, however, because he has reached a point that I'm ok with and anything further was just potentially going to screw him up haha. He looks better when paired with HB. I'm working on his accessories which I hope will also add to the illusion. His eyes are really hard to see because of the black sclera and the oil slick irises, but in person they're pretty great!

4. Squee! :whee: That last picture with the two of them together is the best!

Abe looks great! And his eyes are totally cool! Wow! Your project is just going swimmingly! :D

Can't wait to see them when they are completely done!

Good job! :thumbup

5. Thank you! <3

6. @emac *comes out of lurk mode to say I’m loving your Chibi Hellboy and Abe! Just so darn cute!

7. Aww thanks! :3

8. Very cool, emac! Will definitely be following this! :thumbup

9. @emac AWESOME!!! Yes, you dit it! Wow, I’m just wow! :D Congratulations on two exceptional guys!

10. SO AWESOME!!! :sumomo:

Wow! You did it....and then some! Love how your Tiny Hellboy and Abe came out! Great job! :thumbup

And, the cherry on top is your picture with Doug Jones! How exciting!!! :D (Looks like you had the best time at the Con. You and Doug both look adorable!)

11. Bluebell looks great! <3

12. Enid Black, Congrats on finally getting her face-up done! She looks so cute! :D

I love the colors you chose for her! That lavender wig is a total win! :thumbup

13. Thank you Emac AND Rabbit-Moon! My sister did it, that's why it took so long, we couldn't find a day in which she had time AND the weather was good enough XD... we had started it months ago, and we finished it last Sunday!!

#456 Enid Black, Jun 19, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    14. I finally get to officially join this thread! I adopted an Aiden 5! I had two Aidens years ago (first release, I think?), one white and one in grey. I sold them both, but regretted it ever since. I hadn’t been keeping up with 5 Stardoll since MOC dropped them, so I missed any newer versions as I remember 5Star saying they weren’t making Aiden anymore. Anyway, I’m so happy to have one again! He’s my early B Day gift.

15. Congrats kurogane! (And, happy birthday! :smallcake) So happy you got an Aiden5 again!

Wow! A lot has happened with 5Star since MOC dropped them. Wasn't that years ago? But happily, 5Star still appears to be going strong! They have a new website, and new sculpts. But, I gotta say the older sculpts are still my favorites. I've always been a fan of their fantasy sculpts, like Aiden5 and 10.

Hope we get to see pictures of your new boy!