1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Hey everyone!

I'm gonna jump into this thread now since I just recently ordered my biggest doll haul yet to take advantage of the current event 5stardoll is having. I ordered a Jadite and a bibi and I'm getting a little Tony as the free doll. I'm so excited. I hope I put in the event doll order right though, I wrote it down in the order notes and sent them an email after I ordered.

After looking through the thread I am in love with everyone's tinies.

2. Justjordy0: What a great deal! There are so many nice dolls out from all companies, but 5Stardoll prices are so reasonable. I like the new Alice. I wonder if the faceups are really done that way though.

3. My Aiden10 just arrived yesterday and i'm so in love with him even more in person, he really is adorable :XD: 5SD gave me the free wig for him (and that fits him very well) <3
      Want to share the quick unboxing photos of him yesterday (i'm sorry if it's too many photos :doh)

By the way his name is Oreo now :)
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. He's adorable, @riezyoe ! How are you going to style/paint him? :D

5. He's really cute @riezyoe ! Congrats! What's the extra hand parts and goodies that came with him? That wig does fit really nicely, I'm glad you love it, sometimes little boy wigs are hard to find but that one looks perfect.

6. Hello Oreo - you are a cutie!

7. @Bristol : Thank you :D I think I want to style him just like an ordinary kid, since he will be the older kid along with the 3 kids on his story. And I will send him to a face up artist later because iโ€™m scared to do it myself >,<

@mollym : Thank you! He came with his paw, beast arm, a gun, extra human hands, his horns, wig, eyes and putty. Thatโ€™s all, i guess. I honestly didnโ€™t expected it those extra parts since the option on the website said no jointed paw and beast arm is available for order. But, since I want him to be just a normal kid, that's why Iโ€™m okay even though there is no extra parts with him. But still, Iโ€™m glad to have it, I will just save it instead XD
      Yeah, the wig have a nice style, fit his head well, and soft when we touch it. The one that I donโ€™t really like just, I donโ€™t know why it looks shiny T---T

@Merlin's Mom : Thank you :D

8. Hi! Bumping the thread because I can't contain my excitement, sorry :') it's been almost a year, but I finally ordered Jay! He's the first bjd I truly fell in love with, and in the meanwhile I bought another doll, but I'm having a rough couple of days so I decided it was time to bring my lil bean home haha~
      Honestly, I don't know why I waited so long :sweat

9. Congrats @vv_megane Jay is a great choice. I think you'll be very pleased with him.Which skin tone did you pick? Have you decided on a wig and eyes yet?

10. Congrats - I think he is one of the best sculpts. Would love to see him once he is home.

11. @mollym Thank you! I went for normal pink (same as the promo pics) with default face-up :D well, actually I payed for customized and asked if they could give him default face-up with black eyebrows, because I'm going to use a black wig on him. And regarding the wig, I'm a bit worried... basically, he's going to be the child version of my msd so I bought the same wig in two sizes, but when I tried the bigger wig on the msd it looked awful ; w ; So I guess I'll have to buy a different wig for Jay as well, and he'll be bald for a while which is very frustrating :( In the meanwhile I'll try to style the wig I already have and hope for the best!
      I'm still a newbie so I'm a bit clueless when it comes to eyes, I asked 5star if they could send me blue eyes and they kindly said yes, so I'll use those for a while ^^

@Merlin's Mom Thank you :3 I'll post pictures everywhere as soon as he'll be home lol, actually I never saw a Jay with default face-up so I'm really curious what he'll look like!

12. Welcome to the hobby! This is a good thread too, everyone here is a great example of super sweet folks that are incredibly helpful. the only thing I regret is not looking into 5star dolls sooner.
      I'm a huge fan of the vast majority of normal pink resin dolls. This is my personal observations, I'm sure there's a variety of experiences. The main reason is, usually, with time the resin color will fade a bit. It's a natural process and doesn't mean anyone has been mistreating their dolls. No matter how you display or store them, it just happens, some methods make it happen faster than others. Normal pinks usually fade but continue to look very natural, so if you are wanting humanoid, then that's what you'll get even after time.
      Wigs are hit-and-miss. My first BJD has owned over a dozen wigs, I still haven't found the right one. Meanwhile, one of my more recent additions can wear nearly every wig I've tried and they look fantastic with a couple exceptions due to color. Now is a really great time in the hobby for eyes. Really great eyes can be had for less than $10. I've bought new ones for $4 before, and even less from second hand ones from friends. Urethanes are sort of the top tier of eyes due to the way they photograph, age and custom options. They used to normally be $60-$80 a pair, now you can get custom ones from $20 and up from several artists. Some dolls look fantastic in hollow acrylic demi spheres, some look better with full globes and a high dome. It's tough to navigate initially, but you'll get the hang of it. If you are in a region where locals do meetups, try to go. Likely, someone will have a bag of spares and will likely help you figure out what size and shape fit your sculpt best. Sometimes, the defaults are perfect!

13. Luna looks ready for Spring! I love the flowers on her head. :D

14. Hello all,
      Want to share my Oreo again since he has faceup now (did it by myself in the end) :lol: i really love him so much! He is adorable and really easy to pose! :whee:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Oreo is adorable. I love his face up - you did a great job.

16. He is so adorable! Love him!

17. Oreo is absolutely adorable! He has such a cute face.
      I wonder whether the new Aiden-10 is different from the old one? He looks different from my Azryel, and I'm wondering whether that's just the skin tone, or they changed the sculpt in some subtle way?

I'm still waiting for my Aiden-5.
      I don't think they'll be bringing Yami back. I loved her, wish I'd gotten her when I had the chance.
      However, the new dolls Gloria and Alice are cute, too - I wonder whether they'd do either of them in purple? Maybe I'll ask once I've fattened up my starving purse... LOL!!

18. Yes! Oreo is super-duper cute. I love him as a little human. I love his wig! What is it? You did awesome with his mouth. I own an Aiden, and never noticed the adorable teeth sculpting. He's a handsome little dude for sure! I hope we get to see more of him.

#519 mollym, Apr 19, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    19. Thank you :)

Thank you! I'm glad you love him :XD:

Thank you :) I don't know about Aiden in old version since i still new in the hobby and just recently knew about 5SD, a lot of their old sculpts i only knew from DoA here instead ;v;

Thank you! :) I honestly didn't interest in him at first, but then seeing a lot of owner photos of him make me fall in love, especially with his adorable teeth, can't resist the cuteness :XD: Thanks! The wig suit him very well, i don't think i will replace it in the future :)