1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. I'm always temped when I see a Jadite, but I also remember I have bought dolls and not even painted them yet..... so I get to feeling guilty about buying any more dolls. Hopefully, I can catch up with some things on the to-do list by the end of summer.

2. Mollym, I totally understand what you are saying. I've got project dolls that have been waiting months for some attention. :eek: (But, Jadite is such an awesome sculpt. How can you resist? :doh:sweat;))

3. Anyone have any spam to share? And any idea of what their tan looks like? :whee:

Also, does anyone know why 5Star has most of their stock removed?

4. thank you! ^_^

5. So cute! Thanks for posting him. :D

Where did you get his glasses?

6. Ive had them for awhile so I dont remember honestly, sorry

7. Fabric Friends is no longer a dealer for 5SD. DDE hasn't gotten any new dolls in a while and only has 2 in stock. Wonder if 5SD is shutting down?

8. Wow! I hope not!

I know that the Coronavirus has had a serious impact on many doll companies in China. But, 5-Star's website still appears to be up. It even has a notice that due to factory equipment upgrading, all orders will be delayed about 40 days.

I personally don't order through dealers for 5Star dolls. 5Star is usually so accommodating I order through their website. And, when I have questions, they always get back to very quickly.

5STARDOLL

9. That message has been up since before the Virus which is a long time to be upgrading.
      How long does it usually take 5SD to ship out a doll? DDE said they don't do pre-orders for 5SD because they don't know when they would get the doll.

10. I'm currently waiting for a doll direct from them and paid May. 8th. I did ask about Covid-19 before I ordered and they said it had affected production.

11. Before the pandemic, my 5Star orders usually took 3 months, maybe a little more. Not an unreasonable amount of time. My problem with Denver Dolls, and don't get me wrong, I love Denver Dolls, but I was told that they only place an order with 5Star after they've gotten a certain quota of doll orders. They do not place individual orders. Happily, when I order directly from 5Star my order goes in immediately. They are very responsive and Ive been happy with their customer service. :thumbup

Now, with the delays brought on by the pandemic, its anyone's guess at how long it could take. My most recent doll purchase was from another company that usually delivers dolls in a 3 to 6 month window. Because of the pandemic, it took 10 months for the doll to be delivered.

Oh Bristol, congrats on your order with 5Star! What cutie did you order? :D

12. @Rabbit-moon I ordered Yami! She was too cute and purple to resist. I was thankful that they decided to re-release her. :D

13. [​IMG]
      my Amy (Sage) and Kane (Dandy) 5sd are my fave yosds! Waiting for me red Aiden to get painted and hopefully he’ll be back soon!

Dandy is wearing a Harry Potter doll robe. XD

14. Bristol, Good choice! Yami is adorable! :fangirl:

Can't wait to see her when she arrives!

DollyBillz, your girls are beyond cute! So adorable in their little outfits! :D

Don't forget to share photos of your Aiden when he gets back! I would love to see him! :aheartbea

Thanks for sharing!

15. Yami arrived today! She's so friggin' adorable! I just opened her and need to find something for her to wear before taking a pic. I also got her with the default face-up and it's sparkly like Fairyland's. :D

What's strange is that she was sent in one of those decorative photo boxes like at Micheal's instead of an actual doll box.

16. Congrats Bristol! Yami is such an adorable sculpt! You are going to love her! :aheartbea

Can't wait to see photos of her! :love

(Also, that does sound strange about the box. :? Post a photo of the box, too, if you get a chance.)

Again, congrats! :thumbup

17. I went to the 5Star site, looking to buy another TongTong. I was feeling nostalgic and thought my TongTong needed a sister. To my surprise, 5Star has revamped their website again. And, it appears that a lot of the old sculpts are sadly gone, including TongTong!!! 5Star has even put up a memory page for their old discontinued dolls. So, I guess the discontinuations are for real this time. :atremblin

But, they do have a new girl for sale. Meet little MengMeng, their new 1/6 girl. Isn't she cute?:fangirl:

[​IMG]

They have also redone the 1/6 body again. The arms definitely look double jointed, but I can't tell with the legs.

[​IMG]

I do wish companies would give us a little heads-up when they are planning to discontinue so many sculpts.:doh

#599 Rabbit-moon, Mar 25, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    18. I too wish there was more warning. However, the new babies sure are cute! It will be fun to see new ones come home.