1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. They are patiently waiting for the arrival of the newest member of the family but the little green girl has still not shipped.
      [​IMG]5 Star Aiden Family by Kelli, on Flickr

2. I love all three! I hope your little Jadite girl ships soon - looking forward to meeting her.

3. So cute, Kelli!

How much longer do you have to wait?

4. I don't know. The doll is paid for and apparently ready to go but I've yet to be notified regarding shipping. It's only the 12th doll I've purchased from them, you'd think I'd be used to the wait. Nope. The reasonable adult in me is going 'Remember, you are not their only client and they are all the way in China so be patient." but the doll lover part is going. "You got my money. Gimme my dolly!" :D

5. Hello!
      I'm new to the forum and I went to this topic straightforward.
      I'm planning on getting my first BJD ever in May/June for my 18th birthday and I fell in love with Tong Tong, Nancy (both 30cm) and Vivian (26cm). I won't have a huge amount of money, not more than 200-220$ (and the delivery is 45$). I asked for unstrung doll and they said that the doll would be 20$ cheaper.
      But the thing is, that I cannot decide which one to buy. I'd love to get two pairs of shoes from them, so 75$ are only delivery and shoes. I've heard that it's difficult to find clothes for 30cm ones and I can't spend like 30$ on one piece of clothing from etsy, I'd rather buy something cheaper from wish or aliexpress (as it's also free delivery in most cases and I don't live in USA) or sew some clothes myself.
      Is it better to get one of the taller ones like Tong Tong or Nancy (I'd like to get a body with three joints in torso), even though finding clothes to fit them is harder, or go for the cheaper and smaller one that has two joints in torso?
      What is your advice on that?
      Thanks for helping me out!

6. I don't know how much help I can be, but I will try. I prefer the 30cm dolls. If you look on ebay the clothes and shoes that fit Kish 12" Bethany also fit the 30cm dolls. Also if you can spend a little more there is a special release Nancy that is a full set and though you didn't mention Jay there is also a special release Jay and these come with outfits and shoes. If you decide on the Star5 dolls (yosd size) be sure to mention that you want the original body and not the new single jointed body. Vivian is easier to find clothes for with the original body as most yosd clothes fit her and also most yosd shoes. It really ends up a personal choice and I think you will be happy with either size as they really are nice dolls.

7. I don't know how much help I can be, but I will try. I prefer the 30cm dolls. If you look on ebay the clothes and shoes that fit Kish 12" Bethany also fit the 30cm dolls. Also if you can spend a little more there is a special release Nancy that is a full set and though you didn't mention Jay there is also a special release Jay and these come with outfits and shoes. If you decide on the Star5 dolls (yosd size) be sure to mention that you want the original body and not the new single jointed body. Vivian is easier to find clothes for with the original body as most yosd clothes fit her and also most yosd shoes. It really ends up a personal choice and I think you will be happy with either size as they really are nice dolls.

8. Hi Fairywhale! Welcome to the forum!

My only advice to you is to start with a doll you can easily get clothes and shoes for. I love my 30cm dolls, TongTong was my first tiny, but the search for a wide variety of affordable clothes is sometimes limited. My 26cm dolls are great and the ease of clothes buying is a plus. You can hop on Ebay and find all kinds of cute stuff without the added hassle of worrying if the outfit will fit.

I agree with Merlin's Mom, be sure to tell 5Star that you want the original Star5 26cm body, not the "New Generation" body. (The new body is a bewildering step-back from the great jointing the older body has.)

Again, welcome to the forum and best of luck with your plans to get your first doll! :thumbup

#88 Rabbit-moon, Nov 22, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    9. Thanks for your responses, Rabbit-moon and Merlin's Mom!
      I've actually thought a little about this and I will probably go for littler Vivian, it's just going to be easier to find something for her (and I totally wouldn't be able to afford any of the special releases even though I've seen them and they are really cute). And the fact that I can order luminous ears for her definitely wins!
      So I guess I will go with 26cm first and then buy 30cm body or Tong Tong later.
      Once again, thanks for helping me and your opinion. :)
      Do you have any 26cm dolls from them?Can I get any photos of them? :)

10. You are welcome fairywhale!

Yes, I have two 26cm dolls from 5Star: a Jessie-girl and a Fullset Vivian.

Here's my Vivian dressed as Alice.
      [​IMG]

We aren't allowed to post a lot of photos in the Discussions threads, but there is a Doll Snaps in the Gallery Section that has a 5Star pixs thread.

11. Oh, thanks for the photo Rabbit-moon! She looks even better than on the site!
      Uh, I really can't wait to get her. The thought of waiting next 6 months only to get her and then minimum of 2 months to ship her to Poland just kills me. And I can't do the face up myself, so I need to mail it to my favorite artist and wait for them, and the shipment... It's going to be rough time for me. :XD:
      But it's definitely worth it, so I try to wait patiently for this beauty. :love

12. Holy cow! :moo You do have a long wait ahead of you! I must say that this hobby does require a lot of patience.

You hang in there! It will be worth the wait when she finally arrives! Nothing beats the smell of new resin! ;)

13. Never did get a shipping notice but my doll arrived, much to my surprise. I'd have posted her sooner but I've been ill. So, here she is, a human bodied Jadite.
      [​IMG]A human body, just like I ordered. by Kelli, on Flickr
      The resin is a lovely soft shade of green. At the moment my girl looks like this:
      [​IMG]So cute! I haven't figured out her new name yet. by Kelli, on Flickr
      Not how I'd pictured her when I bought her but you know how some of these dolls have a mind of their own. I'll have to wait and see if this her final look.

14. Wow! Kelli, congrats on your new girl's arrival! She looks awesome! I love the green color of her resin! :aheartbea More pictures, please!

Funny how some dolls have a mind of their own. My TongTong is the same way. I had all these girly plans for her and she was like, "No!".

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you are all better now. (I live in dread of catching the flu. If I hear a person coughing at work, I run the other way!:shudder)

15. Kelli - she is adorable, so cute on the human body. I really like the resin color, she is very special.
      Hope you are feeling better - nothing worse than being sick this time of year!

16. I asked 5Star if they were going to have a Christmas Event this year, and they wrote back and said. "No". :pout:

Oh well, maybe they will have an event in 2017 for the Chinese New Year. I'd really still would like to get an Aiden.

#96 Rabbit-moon, Dec 10, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    17. Hi Rabbit-moon - You really do need Aiden! Keeping my fingers crossed for a New Year event!

18. Oh, Jadite looks amazing on human body! The green looks very nice and the face mold is absolutely gorgeous. Great that she finally arrived!

19. :dohUgh! I couldn't help myself! I bought the last, lonely little Lotte that was still showing as "in-stock" at Denver Dolls! She really does have an odd little face; I actually think the Lotte sculpt makes a much better boy than a girl. But, I think with the right wig, she'll be cute. And, she came with the original 26cm body, which I love! :aheartbea

You can see her little horns/antlers in the upper corner of this picture. (What are those antlers? Moose? Reindeer? Elk?)
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So much for waiting for the next Event Sale! :?

#99 Rabbit-moon, Dec 13, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    20. I like her coloring and her eyes. She has a distinctive little face, but I think she is very cute. Nice that she is one the original body! The one thing I do like about the new body is the shape of the hands - they are very graceful. Glad you caved and brought her home :thumbup Almost forgot - the antlers look like either moose or reindeer to me.