1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

5StarDoll Tinies Discussion Part 4

Oct 14, 2016

1. Wow! That's a pretty cool wig, Geo-Earthling. But, it looks like it's a bit much for him. Definitely needs a trim. (Though, he kinda looks like a little white lion, the way it is.:kitty2)

LOL! So, the Quintus sculpt is starting to tempt you, huh? It is a tempting sculpt. Here's my 5Star Quintus and Jesse. (Love those little vampire teeth!)

Angel (Quintus boy) and Drusilla (Jesse girl)
      [​IMG]

2. The color and style suit him, but agree that it needs to be trimmed up a bit :3nodding:. I really like him in tan the more I see him. Quintus really is a beautiful sculpt and you wouldn't be sorry if you decide to purchase one.

3. Wow, I was leaning toward a girl character, but Quintus makes a really cute boy. Your Angel such a handsome little fellow!!! I'm such a sucker for vampires, haha! Are they brother and sister?

[​IMG]
      So I gave William's hair a tiny trim, I'm just so hesitant. I put aloe-vera gel in it to define the curls better and maybe help promote some shrinkage. Also, his 13mm masterpiece eyes came in! I'm in love with them, they defiantly added a sort of realism to him, and helped him look less of a goblin, haha.

4. -creeps out of her lurking-

So many cuties... Hi there! I've been meaning to come out of hiding for a while, but I guess I was prompted by seeing so many of your new littles. I wanted to ask which Star10 body most of you have? I've had an Amy for years, she's blank (still) because she was a gift with my Tumnus (to give you an idea of her age!) and I love her but I've never quite liked her tiny hands. But yours all look so cute, I've been tempted to ask 5star whether I could order just the hands from a Star10 body to put on my little pre-Star body or whether I should just buy a whole new body for her. She's on the old Tiny body with the three-part torso.

Here's my little Amy, I want to get her a Tong Tong as a friend... Dropbox - 2016-03-18 10.18.05.jpg

5. Amy is such a cute sculpt - I like the new body with the larger hands, but that is just a personal preference. I have both and the smaller hands really don't bother me that much. 5Star is very accommodating and I wouldn't be surprised if they let you order just the hands - you may want to ask them if they will fit properly on the older body. Glad you came out of hiding. Hope to see you post more.

Geo-Earthling I love Aiden's new eyes!!!! They really add a lot of personality. He is adorable!!!!!

6. Geo-Earthling, the new eyes look wonderful! They have such warmth and depth. They are a perfect compliment to his lovely tan skin.

About Angel and Drusilla, they are chibi versions of characters from the old t.v. show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Angel is the vampire who sired Drusilla. So, in essence, Drusilla is Angel's childe.

Welcome to the thread, Nyara! Glad you came out of lurking mode! The more the merrier! :dance

I have an ancient TongTong and Rex that had those horrid tiny hands! Ugh! When I placed an order for another 5Star doll, I asked if I could buy replacement hands for both of them, and 5Star agreed. The new hands fix the older bodies perfectly. If you order a new TongTong, it would be easy to ask for an extra pair of hands for your Amy.

Personally, I wouldn't buy your doll a new body, the older 3-part bodies are very nice.

Again, welcome to the thread! No need to lurk anymore; we're very friendly! :hug:

#126 Rabbit-moon, Dec 30, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    7. [​IMG]

8. They look adorable - love Amy's coat.

9. Thanks. It's from Dollmore (Narsha size). I think Amy is one of the cutest dolls ever!

Happy New Year!

10. I agree with you about Amy :) Happy New Year to you and your family too!

11. stellarphenomena, your Amy is darling! They both look so sweet in their winter-wear!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:fangirl:Happy New Year everyone! :sumomo:

12. That is such a cute coat! They're both adorable though. ^_^

And thanks, @Merlin's Mom and @Rabbit-moon! I do think I'll try asking about the hands, I love the Tiny body otherwise but I've just always been bothered by the hands, personally. I had the same issue with the too-small hands on my Super boys, ended up replacing those with hands from other companies before the new Star20s were released.

I really need to give my Amy a face-up, but it wasn't that long ago that I wanted her to be a redhead like her mother and then I tried that short blonde wig on her and it was just too cute... Hopefully that's her final wig and I can base her colouring on that.

13. Aw they look so cute! Your Amy looks so cozy and her wig color loooks amazing on her. The little one stole my heart too. Baby blues are my weakness and the boots just look so cute! :blush

14. Thank you. I love Amy too! The little one is Angell-Studio RongRong.:3nodding:

15. Yeah, hands are a deal-breaker for me. Too-small hands on a doll drive me crazy! I got an early 5Star 1/3 Edmund, and I didn't realize how small the hands were. I changed them out immediately with a pair AOD big ol' man-hands.

Can't wait see what your Amy looks like when you are done with her! Be sure to post pictures!

16. Funny you should say that - I put AOD hands on my Angelo, too! (My Tumnus has clawed jointed hands from Doll Legend, being a demon.)

I will!

17. Oh! I remember you now, Nyara! You have a grey 5Star Tumnus! Funny that you landed up using AOD hands, too.

If you are curious to see how those hands look on my Edmund, here's a link to my posting in the SD thread:
      5stardoll Supers

I'm so glad 5Star finally got the "tiny hands" issue resolved with their 1/3 and tiny dolls!

Oh! And, so this is still tiny relevant, here's a photo of my 5Star 1/6 Maggie and Jessie. (Those two are as different as night and day.)

You can see the difference in their arms and hands, since they are different 26cm bodies. Maggie is on the New Generation body, and Jessie on the original. Granted, the hands and arms are more elegant on Maggie, but it lacks the poseability of the original arms. Jesse can touch her face if I want her to; Maggie cannot.

[​IMG]

#137 Rabbit-moon, Jan 6, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    18. Brantley (changed his him, since learning Willie means something different in UK) decided to steal his sister's wig for a picture. To bad his unruly khaki hair color is canon :eusa_naug.
      [​IMG]

On other notes, now that I got to play around with the new body, I'm disappointed. It's nearly impossible to have him sit since his body is arched backwards. I don't like using the little lip in his back because it looks kinda thin. Also the posing is very very limited. :sweat Atleast it's cute to look at... even though he's always wearing clothes...

19. Geo-Earthing he is so adorably cute it makes up for his limited mobility. I love him in the tan color.

20. Oh Geo-Earthling! He's looks perfectly adorable! What a little cutie he is! You are making me want an Aiden more and more!

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the body. Are you talking about the New Generation 26cm body? The one with the wide hips and single joints? Cause, I totally agree with you, if you are. That body is a disappointment. But, my 5Star Maggie is so cute, that I'm trying to over look the shortcomings of that body. If I order another 5Star tiny, I will be very specific about wanting the "old" body, and not the New Generation body.

But, as Merlin's Mom said, his utter adorability makes up for his limited mobility. :chibi