1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

65cm - 70cm poseability?

Aug 9, 2009

1. I do not have one of the newer bodies, but the old bodies are wonderful. Noble is my easiest doll to pose. He could stand straight out of the box and in the year I have owned him I have never sueded him or even tightened his strings. Though he is just now at a point where I think it is time to tighten him up a little as his legs are a touch floppy. He still stands like a rock. He can hold an MSD sized doll in his arms while standing. I absolutely love my DZ boy. I am hoping to buy one on the new 72cm body for a future doll I'm planning.

I have also owned a DOI, and my hubby still owns his DOI boy. I find them a good bit more difficult to pose. Part of it is just me, the DOI's always feel somehow more breakable to me so I'm a bit more cautious of them. But even with KIPs it is next to impossible to get either of them to stand. However hubby's DOI Faust does some very natural looking reclining poses that I can't get my DZ to do.

2. I'm getting a Dollzone doll, With him being 70 cm tall, this was a good thread for me to check out.. Which brings me to my question aswell
      Do dollzone dolls have much trouble standing? or should i get a stand like I originally intended?

3. My 70cm dz stands like a rock. He can even hold other dolls in his arms (msd or smaller). My friend was marveling at it the other day as she was posing her doll with him for pictures. No matter how many times she moved her doll or bumped against him he just stood. However all that being said I wouldn't leave him alone standing. I'm always afraid he would choose that moment to fall or something. So if you want him standing all of the time I would get the stand. But if you just want to pose him for pictures ect, I think you will find he stands perfectly well on his own.

4. Thanks a bunch ^^ I probably wil have him standing for the most part, I don't have much places for him to sit without being bothered by something else (Books, clothing, god forbid my dog)
      Thanks for the advice ;D

5. What kind of stand is best for these BIG boys? I have an EID Luo and he weighs a ton...

6. I got one from Dollmore, The high quality wood base. My doll is 70 cm tall and He stand perfectly without a hitch, I've done a stress test on it aswell, not a twist or break on the stand or pole. The one I got is interchangeable to fit SD or MSD, Just In case my collection grows a tad.. smaller
      Take a look, http://dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=4148

7. Thank you so much...just ordered one...just what I was looking for....

8. Yes, I've heard and seen the DZ 70 boys stand they are excellent posers and excellent standers, you can even adjust their poses while they are standing and don't have to worry about them having a fit about it.
      I don't like their wrists or fingers or toes but in all, I want a DZ 70 at some point, they are just too remarkable!

9. What about the newest Dollzone body? (type 3, I think?)
      It looks beautiful, but I can't find photos anywhere! x_x