1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

80cm Dolls?

May 5, 2009

1. They aren't really sold out -- they just sell them during certain order periods, so you can usually get them. :) If you look at the Soom site, they have something called a 'FFD' or 'For Five Days'. They offer the Mecha Angel line during that period, and have a different selection of dolls available each month. Usually they alternate boys one month, girls the next month. It's usually from the 15th through the 20th of any month, but sometimes varies a little bit.

2. i like these really big dolls. I like the long dangley legs and arms. My biggest right is Chun standing at 68cm tall. She still isnt big enough. Those 90cm boys are just at my limit. So i figure the 80cm would suit me just fine. Which is why i started this thread. If anyone had pics they would post. So far the info has been great. Thank you. I always wanted a huge doll growing up. I never got one. SO im making up for it now. I thought about restinging one of my 60cm girls and making a custom leg section to string in with it to make the legs longer. I also like big feet on the dolls so i could actually make a leg, ankle, foot section to add onto the exsisting leg end. I have been home in bed for more then a week with Pneumonia. I have another week or so to go. So i have time to do it for sure. I did pick up a couple older looking mature heads online this past weekend. So I can experiment with what bodies and heads fit even with some modifications. Im for sure on the fast track to BIG BIG dolls right now. They are my focus.

3. I really hope someone posts a big Angel of Dream doll up here. I've never seen one. :) I bought my Saiph Mecha and figured out that, yeah, I love big dolls. They're solid and reassuring and they're just great to carry around.

Is she tall? Oh yes she is.

[​IMG]

4. I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this but I figured I would give it a shot, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong spot.

Does anyone know what the biggest child body doll is (besides the Lusion)? I know Dollstown makes the 5 and 7 year old body at 42cm and 46 cm, anyone know of any bigger?
      And again if this is the wrong spot for this question, I apologize. If so, please point me in the right direction, thanks.

5. LOVE the big Mecha. I think that is one i would buy new. I dont see anyone selling one big like her any time soon. I would buy her in a heart beat. I need to go post a WISH DOLL in the market place.... LOL! I just realized you have the Asian face girl I wanted.... OMG! You lucky lucky girl. If you ever sell her you come right to me. Saiph is so pretty! you have other pics of her?

6. Is the ordering and wait time grooling with Soom?

7. The 80s don't seem to have the same wait period that the monthlies do, because they are on a different production line. I think the current wait is a month or two? But they are so worth it! :D

.hlp

8. I am very, very unlikely to sell my girl. Sorry. However, if you like big dolls, you should really consider getting your own because, I can tell you, she's so beautiful you could stare and fuss with her hair for days. She's a great doll!
      :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No, I don't recommend putting her out in the sun... but this was less than 5 minutes!

9. So i shouldnt wait for one of those monthly offers to get one? Cuz the 80s are always sold out. I really do need one huh? LOL!

10. The 80s go up FFD - which means For Five Days. Lemme see. Firstly, there is a cream white Saiph now, and she has a cream-white twin brother. I'd check each day, particularly around the 15th going forward.

If I'm right and last month they had the Cream White Saiph up for five days (I think that's right), this month it would likely be a boy.

You just have to read up on the Mechas, pay attention to the Soom web site (http://www.dollsoom.com) , and be ready to pounce!

I adore my Saiph, so good luck! :D

11. Dollche 910 was a 1/1 scale doll produced for a while in 2008, but she is no longer available. She was relatively unknown in the ABJD-collecting world, because the company that made her tried to market her to the same group of people (mostly men) who collect the the silicone sex dolls (such as Real Doll, etc). Of course, since she wasn't a sex doll, but was really just a massive ABJD, that didn't work, and she didn't sell very well, so the company discontinued her in December of 2008. There's a thread about her here in the Large Dolls discussion. She had jointed hands, and was very reminiscent of the dolls sculpted by Hans Bellmer in the 1930's, and also of the gynoids in the movie Ghost in the Shell: Innocence.

12. Really? I've never even heard of this doll. You wouldn't happen to know of a thread with pictures would you, Kiyakotari?

:) Thanks!

13. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272691

Okay, so I just found this thread (also yours), and when you mean 1/1 scale, you aren't kidding. Do you know anyone with one of these? I'd pay just to see her holding, oh, I donno, a Mecha Angel like a doll. <g> I'm so sad they discontinued her before the BJD people even knew she was there. She does look extremely GITS: Innocence. Wow.

Still, I bet she would have cost a fortune.

14. wow, I didn't know about the 1:1 doll, or the 90cm dolls o.O so big! I kind of want to see one of the 90cm dolls in person.

15. HOLLY CRAP!!! that is a big doll

16. Hi everyone, I did a quick search and couldn't find much, I'm looking for any companies that have 80cm boys. I know Immortality of Soul has a couple but I was wondering if they're the oly ones x

17. Soom has their Mecha Angel line, Angel of Dream has their 90cm boys, and if you go a bit under 80cm, Spiritdoll's Herculean and Loongsoul's Grace (with extended leg part) hit the 75cm mark.

EDIT: Since the above question has been merged with this thread, I feel I should also mention D-Storic's whopping 177cm girl, Izi: http://d-storic.com/shop/step1.php?number=304

18. Oh wow i didnt know that bjd's came that big it would break my arm to hold i might not even be able to pick it up! hehe im just kidding but thats pretty massive form what im used to.:)

19. Immorality of Soul has a small line of Class 80 dolls that 80 cm! (of course they're all sold out). The most I've seen was 70 cm. Just how big can these dolls get? :O Here is the site here http://www.dollios.com/index.php for those who are curious. I'm currently writing a story about a girl getting a special BJD, but this doll is like 91 cm! Do you think in the future, BJD dolls will eventually be the size of an average human being? Thoughts Comments! Enjoy! :D

20. Actually, Angel of Dream already makes 90cm dolls. :) Soom Mecha Angels are 80cm. And there IS a company that made a human scale doll, but I forget what company it is. She's off topic for DoA, I think.