1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

a BJD in a MOVIE!

Apr 16, 2007

1. There were a couple of music videos featuring BJDs. Most recently the one for Nier: Automata. There was also a pop singer from America (I think) who had one 5 or 8 years ago?

2. Well, there is a show here in Germany called “Shopping Queen“. Basically a bunch of women get a budget and theme, need to buy clothes and are then judged for their outfit (if I remember correctly).
      They also have a look at the home of the contestants, i.e. some of the contestants check it out while the owner is not there themself.

One time one of the contestants was an older fashion doll collector, who had also dabbled into BJD a long time ago. I think she hadn't mentioned it.
      So they get into her home and there are a few slim cabinets with a fashion doll here and there (basically her favourites), nothing special yet but the two women who check out her home are already a little “uh, okay?“.
      They look around a little and get into another room (I think it was a cellar room), where there is a box with a few BJDs, some dressed and some not.
      Of course those woman lose it, grab the dolls, squeek because they have genitals, go on how those are probably sex dolls etc.; in the end they act like that woman had a bunch of Realdolls sitting on her sofa :roll:

Someone in the German community had actually gif-ed parts of the scene (the one where one woman points at the crotch and does a villain-esque laugh is my favourite :XD:) but I can't find her Tumblr post right now. Will see if I can find it.

3. Now I have to find that German show LOL

4. I had a similar experience except with a Ringdoll 70cm guy - I unboxed him at my office so all my cubicle buddies crowded about :D Would LOVE to see the reaction to that on TV LOL LOL LOL

5. So they searched this woman's house, went through her boxes, undressed her dolls and they think there's something wrong with her? :(

As far as not-creepy BJD appearances, the only one I can think of is a K-movie from 2006 or so (?) called "Attack on the Pinup Boys". One of the members of Super Junior is given a doll, possibly a Luts El, which has been dressed to look like him. He carries it around for a while. It's cute. :)

6. That's pretty much what we thought too. Who's the weirdo, the one who collects dolls or the one who goes all crazy laughing and undressed them right away to expose the barely sculpted private bits.

Honestly, I am not sure how much all of this was staged (i.e. if the doll got their underwear removed by the producers/if the women got asked to check them out and act all weirded out etc.), but I doubt the owner knew about it beforehand.
      Because I personally would not like it if people go into my home, raid my stuff and then act like I am a sick pervert just because they got no clue and have to oversexualize everything.

7. I wouldn't like it one bit either. She probably packed them away, hoping to avoid that scenario.

8. Ladies and gentlemen - in that gif Ara linked we present you: The personification of the Dumb Blonde cliché. And yes, I mean both of them ... -.-

9. I think it's awesome that bjd's are making their way into movies. It's really cool to see. :D

10. Hey guys! I'm pretty sure most of you know this but a korean horror movie was centered on bids and it's called Doll Master.
      But did you know about Ghost Theater? It's a recent Japanese horror movie about a doll haunting a cast in the theater.

#271 LapisShufflin, Mar 22, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2018
    11. I just saw a movie the other day, a SyFy flick called Flight 7500. It had a BJD in it. Pretty sure it was something like a Dollfie Dream with a custom head (a creepy-looking bobble-head). It was the representation of a Shinigami in the movie. Didn't have a large role but it was still cool to see it. And before the doll shows up, there's a scene where the flight attendants overhear a guy on his phone, talking about ripping out eyes and things like that... And I'm thinking now why does THAT sound familiar?

Turns out he's the one who made the Shinigami and was delivering it to its owner. Which we discover later on in the movie.

It was a fun watch. Not necessarily a GOOD movie but these SyFy creations rarely are. lol

12. I believe there bjds in Misa's room in the live action Death Note movie.

Also there was a few movie called Spider Lilies, Bunshinsaba, and Doll Master that had bjds in it. I think Bunshinsaba had a Dollmore sculpt.

13. there are many movies includes bjd in it, mostly Asian movies, Chinese(mostly Taiwanese part), Japanese, Korean mostly have dolls in particular movies

14. Yes, that is my favorite movie, custom house. Horrible? no, I do not think so

15. Korean horror movie "Wishing Stairs" had bjds in it too.

16. Brand new KDrama - remake of Absolute Boyfriend - has the creepy anti-heroine holding a SD BJD - I can't quite figure out what sculpt tho!

17. Hey! Today I learned about a Korean horror movie about killer BJDs. For real.

[​IMG]

I ended up being really interested in what dolls were featured in the film. Many of these seemed familiar. After doing some research, I found that this being released in 2004, the dolls were mostly models from the old Custom House, event dolls from the AI series? I’m not sure which ones. But it’s interesting since this had to have been made in 2002-2003, which means this was really early as far as modern BJDs go. It’s also interesting because they say the dolls are all decades old despite them being mostly modern.

Have BJDs featured in any other films that you know of? And can we maybe identify some of the dolls from the film? I’ll do some research myself.

18. I don’t know of another movie featuring BJD’s, but I remember there was a Filipino band featuring BJD dolls as the musician :XD: Mistula is the name of the band, I don’t know if they still making music though.

I think St. Mina is one of the dolls from Custom House that is in The Doll Master- in fact, I think that’s her the actress is holding. I haven’t seen this movie I just know it was talked about on DoA.
      If you’re interested in getting your hands on some Custom House dolls, either buy second hand or you can get some of the newer CH sculpts from Luts. I don’t know the details of the rights of the sculpts but some of the CH sculpts are now produced by Luts (I think CH sold them to Luts?) I know for sure Hyun and Cyn were once sold by CH. there are a few other molds Luts acquired but I don’t remember all.