1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A Family Affair: Do your loved ones love dolls too?

Aug 6, 2009

1. the only one in my family that likes 'em is my little sis... but my mom HATES them and my dad thinks they're werid...

my gf loves 'em though and is the person who got me into them....

2. I'm the only one fool in family who likes BJD 'cos:

My mom thinks they're morbid.
      My dad doesn't care about how they look and what can you do with them, he looks only on the price.
      My younger sister one time thought their gorgeous and even wanted one, but when I change my plans on my first doll, she lost interest.

*sigh* We're such a strange family... :sweat

3. I'm it in my family-I have two sons. But my husband did come to our last meet for a little while just to see some different dolls and ask some questions.

4. I'm the only active one. But I keep finding my husband shopping for accessories for my doll. He also keeps telling me different ways I can pose her for pics and so forth. He keeps saying he's not shopping for dolls he's shopping for me, but that's not what he's doing.

5. Lol my mom thinks they're pretty, but that's the extent of it. My dad couldn't care less, and my boyfriend.. I think I turned him onto them somewhat. He thought they were creepy at first, but when I told him I might get a different doll than the one I was initially gonna get, he freaked and told me he liked the first one best. xD;

6. I love them and I always have loved dolls, even when I was a child I collected dolls that not everyone else collects.

My mother likes them because they are beautiful but otherwise no one else has any feelings towards dolls, but then boys be boys (my brother and father think their scary).

7. My mother wants a bjd one day when she has the money to make into a fairy. My dad does tease me a bit about my girl saying she's G.I Joe's girlfriend.

8. I am the only one who likes dolls in the family. It doesn't bother me, I would find it too weird to share this hobby with my hubby.

9. The only relative of mine that has shown any interest in my hobby at all is my thirteen year old niece. My parents aren't really too fond of me getting one. :sweat But whatever. I'm a legal adult and I'm paying for them with my own money, so they aren't going to try to stop me.

10. My "little" hobby has definately rubbed onto the family. Dad hates it, Mom tolerates it, and my little sister is obsessed with them! She's at that age where girls usually get sick of dolls, so I'm surprised she loves them so much! She is on her way to get her own BJD as well.

11. My mum got me into making dolls when I was younger, so she loves seeing pics of them and the things I make for them :) My sister thinks they are a bit creepy but she teases me about most things so it is fine :sweat

12. I am the only doll collector in my entire family and friends.

13. My husband isn't really into most dolls, but he loves the puki fee! He's been begging for me to save up for a Pong Pong.

14. I live with my boyfriend. He doesn't exactly understand the appeal of my doll collection, but he will humor me when I get excited about them. I think he is just happy that they make me happy. He doesn't think they are creepy and lets me display them in our bedroom. He even helped me set up a photo story shoot once! He is a sweet one, my boyfriend! :blush

15. My mother has been making dolls before I was born (porcelain dolls) so I am very lucky that she can enjoy the hobby with me (and can give me a lot of tips about wigs, shoe making and drafting patterns!) I often show her photos of dolls I'm interested in, she especially loves the tiny dolls! For her birthday last year I bought her a Felix Small-Comfort, which she utterly adores! ^^

My boyfriend is also very much into BJDs (it's how we met!:blush) Which is really awesome! :3 Except for the part where he's like: I'm doing a Nine9/Leeke/Dollmore order soon, want anything? or I'm getting a Soom Carbon, want the extras? (But that's only bad for my wallet really! xD) I probably wouldn't have half of my dolls if it wasn't for him! (but I don't mind, I love them all!) :aheartbea He's a real sweetie who doesn't mind if I rant all day about ill-fitting wigs or shoes or dolly-plans xD

The rest of my family doesn't mind so much. I think my dad thinks it's 'cute' I still 'play' with dollies. My brother thinks they all look like girls. Even the EIDs. He very sweetly went to a meetup once with me and now thinks we're all perverted weirdos... xD He calls me a 'miniature wig collector' But he has some strange hobbies too!

16. My hubby is pretty...neutral about them. When we are watching a movie, he does not really like if Julian or Auryanna are with me. He is always afraid that he does not see them and sits on them (although both are around 65 cm!).

My daughter loves to look at them. I think she considers them to be giant Barbies (she does not yet really understand that they are no Barbies).

17. My family members could care less, honestly. They let me wave my new doll creations at them and be proud and stuff, but they mostly don't care.

My friends, on the other hand, are vocally opposed to my doll! The general consensus is that he's creepy and one friend even says she'd like to throw him in a fire. D: About the only friends I have who are into dolls are the ones who gave me my first one.

18. Nope, not at all, haha. My boyfriend accepts them, but really he doesn't care. I can talk to him about them if I want an opinion or something, but he does not care if I have them or not really.

The rest of my family lives far away and does not even know about them..

19. The short answer is "no" :(.

My mother is curious to see what I do with them, but doesn't like them. My father thinks an adult woman shouldn't spend her spare time making doll clothes. My sister thinks I'm a bit off my rocker anyway. The rest of the family (thankfully) doesn't know I have dolls.

My best friends are either a) creeped out by my dolls, b) indifferent to them or c) the lonely exception who helps me look for dolly stuff like rings with which to make chainmail.

20. My family disagree with dolls and I don't have a boyfriend. So, I guess it's just me?