1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A fat dollfie.

Dec 30, 2005

1. I've noticed the CP Delf Mature Girl body has a VERY voluminous ass-- My Dark Elf Soo's behind is wider than all of my other dolls... I find it very pretty though XD
      Also-- the Super Dollfie Liz, Mai and Sweet Dreams Mimi body, the Swarrico (cute-kneeling) body is substantially thicker as well. I find it really endearing that my Liz Kikueko has her own kind of body type and still looks so cheerful about it^^

Also, doesn't Dollshe have a really SD (super-deformed mode) baby ABJD named Mai? ...Oh! check here:
      http://eluts.com/frontstore/Item/it...art_id=lutsdoll&level=&mother_catalog_num=638
      as well as Dollshe Sarubia
      http://eluts.com/frontstore/Item/it...art_id=lutsdoll&level=&mother_catalog_num=638
      she has a more 'classical doll' kind of body style.

-Philip

2. I was going to mention that! When I first got my doll I was almost overcome with an urge to start singing "Baby Got Back" but as I have been injured by crazy legged Delf's before, I thought better of it ^^;

3. Well, I have a DD I body.. And she has a huge butt. x.x Even my mom makes fun of her for having such really, really big hips and a butt, and her thighs ain't all that thin.. Which is why I'm drawn to her, I suppose. *shaped like her, but, er.. Squished down* XD;

4. ALL of dolls I own are chubby, and I've sold all of my slimmer dolls. I think I'm drawn to dolls more like myself so I don't feel intimidated. :lol:

[​IMG]

Angie has quite the belly, doesn't she?

5. There are chubby dolls out there, I myself would not buy a fat BJD. I like slim dolls, and as it has been mentioned there will be some resin weight and posing problems. Anyways I only buy boy dolls, so I shouldn't even be commenting really.

6. I myself do like the guys to be... thicker. Not fat so much as deep-chested, if anyone understands this. Like a Rottweiler! **ducks flying garbage** I'd like a thicker girl that has more angles to her as well, instead of the options for flat-flat, flat-with-small-boobs, the Ultra Curvy Doll(tm), and milk mods. Since I have very limited amounts of money, I'm going to be sculpting my own dolls for a while, and I've got plans for "Dolls of the World"(resin dye research, w00t) and a Chouji doll, too. ^^ :: loves!<3 :: I plan on making some of my more complicated dolls "superjointed" (separate hips, ribs, and stomach, and double joints elsewhere) to help with balance issues, especially.

Eventually, after I get more practice sculpting, I will be making a doll of myself. Which will have J.Lo booty, thick legs and arms, short torso with a thick waist, broad shoulders, and large breasts. (If you haven't guessed yet... I look ridonkalous in kimono.)

*dies*

7. oh, but there are some cute chubby characters around, like one of those little fat happy schollars ^^ Like the kind who command some respect despite their visage. And they don't have to overly bulging. Its usually a round nose, less pointy chin, a pot belly and thicker thighs.
      i would totally like to see a "weighty" doll. I think if the artsit plays their card right they can really pull something off.

8. Like a Buddhist monk! I want a chubby monk doll now...

9. :o! Yay! Someone else wants a chubby dollie too! ^___^ Actually, I think Salubia is your best bet for a chubbier doll (I love her because of her figure XD).

In terms of realism though, I was quite surprised when I first took a look at my Elaine. Her body isn't really curvy at all...it's kind of straight and her breasts are relatively small (actually, imo, they're quite large, but in dollfie standards I guess they are kinda small...:\) I thought she looked very realistic in that sense. All of the skinny people I know aren't curvy and don't have large breasts. They're in proportion with the rest of their body. So Elly actually looks like a realistic skinny person. So I don't mind her being thin, as long as she actually looks thin, and not somebody's idealistic version of thin (hope that makes sense X_x;; )

Anyway, just thought I'd add ^^

10. Looking at some of these examples, I love the idea of a chubby doll but it doesn't seem to translate to the resin well, especially in the arms. The fat getting a little skinnier at the joints look a bit odd to me.

My oldskin SD10 has bum dimples and little fat folds at the armpits. It's really cute.

11. Seems to me there would be no weight issue if the doll was hollowed out. I think there are no fat adult dolls because people wouldn't want to buy them. They want a more idealized form.

12. A fat doll is an interesting idea, but I must say I would never buy one. Don't kill me for saying this but I don't find pudginess aesthetically pleasing at all. ^^; And I am only interested in "pretty" dolls...a fat or "ugly" doll would be somehow more like a form of sculpture/art to me as opposed to a doll...I don't know why I have this association exactly, but it seems to me that all types of dolls from all cultures, not counting art dolls, voodoo/ritual dolls, and joke dolls, are meant to be pretty, or cute, etc.

I dunno. I wouldn't find a fat supermodel attractive; I wouldn't find a fat doll attractive.

(And by the way, I am not trying to mock fat people here. I am overweight myself; but the point is, I don't find that attractive in anything, myself included, and I am in a diet and exercise program both for my health and for my looks.)

13. the chubby dolls so far are all the younger ones...babies are supposed to be chubby @__o

But yeah..the fact that they're skinny at the joints is odd. I wonder what would happen if the joints got enlarged in proportion. The thing with the chubby dolls tho, wouldn't their arms and legs sort of taper down the entire leg? like...really thick thies, medium knees, and smaller ankles?

14. here, here. :smile: I personally love waify boys :love :-D I'm surrounded by bunches of guys that are big on how much you can bench press and beign as big as a damn truck in muscle mass. i'm also surrounded by many 'red necks' that thrive in steroids. lol. They personally scare me. Thin boys ARE much yummier :) ::raises glass:: cheers

15. I just had an amusing thought... if you really want a "fat" BJD, you could always buy a Pocket Fairy or Leeke Doll and then put a smaller head on them. They look childlike because of their enormous heads, but if you used a smaller head and said they were 22... well then. Not to mention you could still find clothes and stuff for them. XD

16. I would love a fat boy doll. I have a CH boy and they are said to be the most chunky at least in the chest area, but even still, I just wanna FEED him!! X3

I wish they had a mature girl body with junk-in-the-trunk, not big breasts(definately not over a C), and an hourglass shape, without being too extremely err... over-emphasized?(I can't think of the word) like the DD body for example(I was really bummed that the DD2 body has a smaller butt. haha a pun!). The Unoss body was the closest thing so far to what I'm looking for, but it too wasn't quite right... They say the souldoll girls have a big butt, but it doesn't look big enough to me either~! XD I have a butt-thing... gotta love those girls who ain't afraid of carbs!! XD

oh, you GO GIRL!!!!! *high five!!!* That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say. XD We call guys like that "future husband chunky". It's that strong chunky guy that's protective, like a husband(I dunno, whenI made it up, there wasn't much logic put into it). I SO wish there were dolls that looked like you!!! <3 I want a FCS sunlight girl to be my sexy borinqua, but the SD13 body has got no butt!!! ;0;

If you accomplish the dolls of the world and decide to cast and sell them, I will be your first customer for a Puerto Rican doll :D
      PS- hehe, I too am a riot in a kimono XD

17. xD nakitama, you've just made my day. I mean this day that is just beginning, because I was stressed over a test until I read your post. "Future husband chunky"... lol. It's funny, because when I was little, I was such a chubby chaser! I would be best friends with the little chubby 4 year old boys...

And my butt is really funny too, because no one else in my family has any butt at all, just me and one of my sisters. My parents teased me when I was little. ;_; Ah, memories......

ANYWAY! Back ontopic. Er. Kind of. But now I have nothing to say. ... **garbage is thrown again**

18. Having just lost 63 pounds [go me] I can say that while I respect peoples decisions in weight issues [unless it gets into being morbidly obese, I worry for them T_T] I personally hated being fat [which is why after 11 years, I decided to FINALLY get off my lazy butt and do something about the weight issue...]

One thing I love about the dollfies is the slenderness they have. While in real life my tastes for men are vastly different [I want to see MUSCLE >:D] when it comes to the dollfie boys, I just love them being slender. I also love the perfect lines of the girls, and the general "prettiness" and "Petite-ness" they have.

I know in real life it's near impossible to attain that kind of body, and again IRL I love the boy muscle, but it's what attracts me to the dollfies... so I don't think I'd ever buy a "fat" dollfie O_o;; <-- I think I'd spend my time worrying about his/her health -haha [I had so many health problems when I was bigger, it killed me >_<]

Megumi is an old SD10 and she has the chubby knees and hands, it's very cute, but chubby is one thing... fat is another.

19. Even Volks MSDs are relatively chubby (compared to my ISMY or (OMG!) Sharmin). And they aren't really *chubby*, they've got baby fat. XD So I guess if you want a chubby doll, get a childlike mold. Or a U-Noss. But from what I hear, finding clothes that fit her is difficult.

Personally, I prefer slim dolls. It's the ideal of aesthetic beauty in my mind. x_x

20. I agree with the appeal of having a doll you can dress up in clothes you yourself could never wear, and the first doll I make is going to be rather slim, partly because it's just easier to figure out how to put together.

I don't mind chubby, or if there's visibly muscle and a thick structure to a person even if there were fat loss, but I wasn't thinking "morbidly obese" for a thicker doll. Not only would that make joints tricky, but it's not healthy. Just saying. --;;