1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A little thread about tan colours

May 20, 2017

1. I have Iplehouse SRS dolls and love that color. I have one light brown and do not like that color as much as too clay pot looking to me.

2. I am a huge fan of Supia Dolls tan skin color, Soom's Tawny skin, as well as Granado's tan skin options.

3. I am an Iplehouse devotee, I really like their lovely golden brown " Real Skin" and the slightly darker " Light Brown", I have dolls in both of those colors and really love them... I haven't seen their new glow skin colors in person yet.

4. I love Granado's tans. I have one in bronze, one in sunshine and one in tan. They're all beautiful!
      A close second is Dollshe's pale tan. I have a Pabo in pale tan and it's a lovely rich brown. It suits his character very well.

5. I like ImplDoll's dark tan and DollShe tan colors.

6. I like the doll leaves wheat color it's not to light and not too dark. The only thing is they don't offer it anymore.

7. Two of my tan dolls are actually custom colors from Impldoll so, although I absolutely love the rich reddish hue of the one and the medium brown of the other, they're not Impldoll's official tans. I do love them though, regardless.

In general I just love the fact that a lot more companies offer a rainbow of options in tans these days. Especially Granado, Iplehouse and Dollshe. And, speaking of Dollshe, I got my one boy in their Honey Caramel Brown, and the official pictures on their website don't do it any justice. It's a nice, rich dark brown without an annoying orangey tint to it. I just love it:D

8. i like tan dolls because i like variety in my collection. as others have said people come in all different skin tones so shouldn't dolls? on the other hand i have heard that the colored resins tan and darker are harder to produce and more likely to have odd colored streaks in them. they are also more likely to go green over time, which explains why some companies choose not to offer them, or only offer them in limited editions.

as far as which companies tans i like? fairyland, luts and irreal doll top my list. i like the lighter shades from iplehouse, but i have a light brown doll from there which is a good example of how tans can go green. it wasn't out in bright light but it has gone from a lovely milk chocolate to an ugly olive greenish -brown. i could live with that if it hadn't changed color really unevenly too.

9. I like tan colored dolls, but I only want the one because a tan doll will fit her character. According to the late, great Ray Bradbury, Martians are dark-skinned with golden eyes and...well, with "russet-colored hair," as he put it. I intend for this doll to be my interpretation of Ylla, a character from "The Martian Chronicles," and no resin color will do but tan.

10. I prefer the look of 'real' tones to 'tan'. Some 'tan' can look rather dark for the sort of tone I would expect when someone says tan.

But, saying that, I love my Impldoll Martin head I got secondhand in tan. He's maybe a little dark for the sunkissed character I have in mind, but I might be able to make him work. I need good humidity to do the face-up. But, he looks stunning without his paint-job, and it'd be hard to part with him now that I've got him. I mean, I pretty much screamed the character's name internally when I got him. He's a gorgeous man, without a body...

But, my favourite is Iplehouse Real. I believe it's the tone they used for the company photos of Eric, my absolute dream doll, and it is a beautiful olive-skinned tone. Sort of Mediterranean, maybe Middle-Eastern skin. Or, their Peach Gold for that light sun-kissed glow.

#50 ivorysand, Jun 25, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    11. Tan and dark skin tones are beautiful in doll form and real life. They are simply lovely to me. <3

My favorite company resins include Bambicrony's tan (a cool-yet-rich hue in person) and Harucasting's ebony. I own a MYOU doll in coffee and she is also a wonderful shade. I dyed one of my boys using iDyePoly sandstone and he is a gorgeous tan with a copper undertone.

Other companies' resin I have on my wishlist include LUTS RSB, AquariusDoll tan, Impldoll dark tan, Spiritdoll tan, and Bluefairy's baked skin.

12. I love Atelier Momonies Cocoa skin! Its soooo pretty.

13. I really want to have a tan skin doll to add to my crew. The kind of tan that I really like is Switch's Mocha Brown, and I have been eyeing on for a while. Unfortunately, their sculpts are not what I am looking for and matching tan skins are hard so I will just put this in my wishlist.

14. Iplehouse's "light brown" skin is hands down my favorite. I have 4 dolls in it and it's just so stunning!!! I also adore Luts tans.

15. Oooh, I really appreciate this thread! (As well as the other one linked!) I've been trawling through companies for months looking for dark-skinned dolls, so these recommendations make my life much easier :love

Of course, there's still the issue of some dolls not being available in darker skin colors even if the company usually offers it, but it's better than nothing I guess :sweat I wish tan resin weren't so hard to make (or so I've heard).

16. I haven't seen that wide a range of companies tans in person, but of those I've seen, Soom Bronze and Lumedoll Bronze and Ebony are my favorites. Iplehouse tans are pretty too. Just from online pictures I'd like to have dolls in Luts tan colors.

17. Ebony color from Iplehouse.

18. I love soom's Tan, tawny and brown, I love mocha brown from switch too, and supia girls tan

19. I love Switch’s mocha brown. It’s a nice cooler shade of brown. I had a mocha brown Rusi and he has the most gorgeous skin tone and looks great in photos.

Iplehouse ebony looks gorgeous in photos but I’ve never seen one in person, so I can’t testify. I’d love to see one in real life, but iplehouse sculpts are not for me so I’ll likely never buy them :(

I love darker skin tone dolls, but a lot of them look too orange or green/yellow...I don’t particularly want to own a doll with spray tan look ^^;

#59 Ebisama, Nov 5, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    20. I only have two colors of tan from one company, Soom's brown tan and tawny so that's all I have to compare. I personally prefer the brown tan of my Jethro; it's a bit darker than the tawny and has a rich, warm tone that is really lovely.