1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A little thread about tan colours

May 20, 2017

1. Souldoll's sandy brown is just absolutely gorgeous! Compared with my tan Fairyland doll, Souldoll's tan is a lot lighter and a lot less red-toned. It's just gorgeous!

2. Anyone know if there is a resin match for Myou tan?
      Thanks so much!

3. i love tan dolls! i have a volks sdm in sunlight, but like others have said it’s not as much tan as it is a few shades darker than their pure skin normal. it still ratiates a very nice warmth and creates a beautiful aura around the doll, but it’s still a few shades lighter than my own skintone.

as for all time favorites, haru casting’s maji tan line (normal, medium, and dark) gives me life! haven’t seen this resin in person but from the pictures, the colors look so rich, but still very soft! i’m obsessed! :D

4. I love tan.

My first doll was Dollzone Megi in tan, though my current favorite is Luts realskin brown. Dollzone's old tan is a little on the "spray tan orange" end. I like the more milky coffee tones. Iplehouse realskin is pretty nice too.

Have also dyed one of my dolls to be tan because I bought a normal skin SSDF body like right before they started offering realskin brown nonlimited.

Gonna be getting and Myou big baby in coffee skin for my next doll.

5. I love tan dolls and I'm happy to see companies starting to offer a wider variety of tan and brown skins in non-limited form. I have plans to get some tanned dolls but I have to have a plan for them first and right now I have a plan but no funds. For the moment I've been eyeing Little Monica's special "chocolate" and "caramel" ranges and they look pretty. I prefer the cool chocolate tone for what I have in mind. As for tan dolls I own, I have a sandy brown Souldoll Shaun and a coffee-skinned Resinsoul and while they have warmth to their skin that my pink and yellow dolls lack, I wouldn't call either colour "tan". My one true tanned doll is my Spiritdoll and he's gorgeous but maybe a bit more reddish/orange than I'd like if I were to pick it again. Though with the right faceup the tan matches the idea I had for him so I guess it works out.

6. Love “tan” dolls although I don’t think the description covers the variety of natural skin tones well!
      My favourite colour is Kaye Wiggs darkest tan as in my avatar, beautiful tone, silky finish, no marbling. I have Kaye’s Mikki in this colour too. I also like her coffee tan colour. It would be great to see even more variety of skin tones as in my real family of multi hues!

7. I have a Dollzone Yuu and I LOVE the color of his skin, I also like Soom tans. They look like such a creamy brown rather than those grey muddy browns you find out there.

8. I always wanted a tan doll but sadly i hasnt find 1 yet, i like bambicrony xmas tan colour, its like chocolate milk. :)

9. My first doll was a much lighter "normal skin" color, and I felt like she often looked a bit washed out in pictures. My current girl has the Iplehouse Real Skin, and I love it! I feel like she looks so real in pictures and the coloring of photos looks so much softer. I'm still often worried about her resin turning green, which I've heard is a risk for darker resins, but I love how she looks.

10. Tans can be so beautiful! I was a little skittish at first because I’ve heard about how some can turn green with age. I ended up seeing a Ringdoll in tan and I had to have him!

I also really like fairyland’s agra tan! I wish it was more widely available... their regular tan is excellent too but something about the richness of agra connects with me.

11. I love tan dolls & have several of them. I love Limwha's tan but I have a number of older Luts dolls with tan resin & it has stayed nice over all this time. My old tan Narae has fade with time to a soft, warm color but she's French resin. I have several other companies' tan dolls & most have held up well. I'm craving a Fairyland tan Ante elf.

12. I do like tan dolls and I like to have a bit of variety in my dolls too. Out of the two I have I think my older DZ Linlan, who's mellowed a little, has the prettier color. My Minifee is a little lighter than I'd like.

13. I don't own any tan dolls - yet - but I think they're really beautiful. Having lurked around the hobby for a long time, it's awesome to see more and more companies offering tan skin as a regular option, and to see so many more shades than there used to be. The tan colours I personally prefer still seem a bit less common, though. I really love cooler midtone to dark browns, without much orange in them. I'm seriously considering putting an Aerial BJD on my wishlist just because I love the look of the "chocolate black" resin so much!

14. I loved my Bambicrony Emily's tan so much that I changed the story all of my dolls are from to make that the default skintone, lol. It's beautiful warm, medium brown. Which meant I had to make my Migidoll Owen with the "normal" skintone someone with albinism, but that worked out well. Plus it worked well to self-limit the collection, since not many companies produce that exact color. Even Bambicrony! Their most recent tans seem much lighter. Luckily Iplehouse's light brown is pretty close so I was able to shell her mother.

Although, I'm paranoid they're gonna turn green (or yellow, depending?) so they live in the closet during the day.

15. I love tan dolls mainly because I'm "tan." I prefer Harucasting & Iplehouse, because they offer the darkest tan colors regularly.

16. It reeaaly depends on the doll! I love a nice light tan, and I love seing a darker tan properly executed.
      But matching outfits and wigs for them feels soo much harder! Still, if pulled of properly they are gorgeous dolls.

I currently own a littlefee in Tan, and she is beautiful <3 She does need a non-blonde wig to better fit her. I don't like the blondes I have on her.

17. I've been collecting BJDs for a long time. While I have pretty light-skinned dolls with classic BJD faces, I'm on the hunt for different looking dolls. Hence my growing interest in darker skinned dolls and those with face molds with less Caucasian or anime influences.

That and like @Spuggey and @AdanneO I'm also "tan" and would like more dolls to reflect that.

18. I've ended up with a fair few different shades of tan in my crew, since I'm fond of a lot of the darker resins. I have Lati's tan... Soom's bronze and tawny... Volks Sunlight, Ebony and Shadow... Luts' Real Skin Brown... Both the older Cerberus Project tan and the more recent Fairyland versions... Forever Virginia's Honey, which is a very light tan... Resin Soul's coffee... Iple's current brown tan as well as Cocori's much older dark mocha-brown... and Doll Chateau/DollZone's evo-resin tan.

That last shade is the only one I'm not 100% satisfied with. It's got a pretty distinct orange undertone that I'm really hoping will mellow out in time. Of all the others, I think the Lati tan and Volks Ebony are my favorites. So far no one has turned green, but I'm pretty careful about light exposure with the darker resin members of the gang. I'm more paranoid about that with tanned dolls than I am with their peachy-colored siblings.

#78 Brightfires, Dec 15, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    19. My first two dolls were Souldoll's NS, but after getting a secondhand BF what-must-be white skin (she is white!), I realized that I like dolls with skin colors that are more natural. After a few months of considering, I've ordered my "last doll" in tan skin, from Spiritdoll.

Since I haven't actually seen any tan dolls in person, I'll admit I'm worried if I'll actually like it, and I'm worried about the color turning something weird over time, but I really really don't like my bright white doll, lol. I also do think it would have been nice had the doll companies thought of a different name for their darker colors, but I'm guessing Volks was first and Japan simply isn't a diverse country. (Like, if it really were tan, the arms and legs wouldn't be the same color as the body and there would be a tan line, unless you're tanning nude.)

20. I like tan dolls because they photogenic and looks very sexy. Pygmalion Dolls tan one of my favorite tan tones.