1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A little thread about tan colours

May 20, 2017

1. Tan is my favorite skin color ever! The darker the better:lol: My favorites are Soom brown tan and bronze, they're so awesome. I have no idea why I'm so crazy about that skin, it just seems really beautiful to me, though I know people who dislike tan dolls for some reason and never buy them.

2. I love tan skin on dolls. I’m not sure why someone wouldn’t like tan unless it’s from one of the companies that makes it very orange. I like iplehouse tan a lot because they offer darker shades rather than just a tan in general.

3. I love brown resins, but I have no idea how to properly photograph them. My tan dolls always end up lightened in photos, it irritates me so much. But I think It's probably just a product of using a shitty phone camera and being a photography novice...

My favorite Tan (that I actually have) is actually Clover Doll's tan! It's beautiful. I feel like it's slightly darker than my other tans, and slightly cooler. I'd like to someday get my hands on Island Doll's dark tan color, it's really lovely. I also... actually want a doll in the translucent orangey Dollzone tan someday too :sweat it's certainly not naturalistic but I still think it's pretty

4. I'm so glad you mentioned this! I was looking at getting a Luts boy in light tan skin but I was paranoid about marbling, bubbling, discoloration, etc. I'm happy to see that overall Luts seems to have nice tan skin that lasts!

5. I LOVE tan colored dolls! Most tans are such beautiful and rich colors. The background and skin color of a character is so important as it represents a part of who they are. Having a wide range of skin colors available is very helpful when you want to get the character just right!
      As for company, I don't think I have one I prefer over the other. I think all the tans are amazing! :D

6. I love tan dolls because of the variety of tans there are out there, I am especially fond of Lillycat's various shades of tans. Tan dolls are so unique and stand out in a good way, they are also nice to have if your dolls character is of a certain ethnicity where darker skin is needed, it can really help bring them to life. I also like for some reason that most companies tan colours aren't always consistent throughout different batches, makes me feel like I got something special haha.

7. Oh, tans are my absolute FAVORITE dolls. As a tan person myself, I find that it's just a good look on dolls, and in general! I'm not as familiar with all of the BJD companies as most are, but the tan dolls I do know are Iplehouse and Switch and I really love both. Loongsoul has a tan option too, but I haven't seen it on an actual doll yet. Although, there is a doll of theirs that I was looking at who has a tan resin option, so...maybe eventually I'll be seeing it in person :lol:

8. I love tan colors, no matter light or dark. But it is not the easiest type of skin to take care of. Personally I think not all clothes and wigs work on tan skin like on normal skin, but if it works, it will look stunning.

9. I put together my first complete tan doll this year! Never thought I would do a hybrid as my first, but it's worked out very well (both artists use Haru Casting, so the color variation is very slight). I want more tan dolls in the future and wish that I could work up the nerve to dye some of my older dolls who weren't available in a darker tone, but I think I will just look towards newer releases for that.

10. Can you tell me if Little Rebel matches Fairyland Tan please❤️

11. Unfortunately, I sold my tan fairyland girl a couple of years before I bought the tan Little Rebel Head, so I never got to compare the two. I don’t think they would be a great match, though. The fairyland doll I had was more of a chocolate milk color, and the LR heads I’ve owned are slightly more reddish tan. The FL Doll was from 2014, I’m not sure if they’ve changed their color since then.

I have my LR head on a Luts brown skin body and while it’s not a perfect match, it’s pretty close. LR is slightly more red than Luts, but I think the hybrid works. If you’re curious, you can go to my profile, look under the Dolls tan and look at Tate. I’m sorry I’m not more helpful with your question, though. :(

12. I love tan dolls and have been wanting one for the longest time. I have one on the way so I'm very excited :blush

13. No you where really helpful! I really appreciate your help❤️❤️❤️

14. @Pinkhairedprincess
      FL and the current LR tan resin do match within a good range. Here are a few other comparisons.
      [​IMG]

15. Thank you SO much!! This is so helpful! Hugs!

16. It's good to see more diverse skin tones in BJDs nowadays, as opposed to the turn of the century when the only choices were white skin ("normal") and corpse-bled-white skin ("beauty white"). I'm a goth and my skin isn't that white!

My tiny Chaeri had tan skin, but when I reshelled her I went for normal skin because it suits her character better.

17. Tan is my favourite! Would anyone have a comparison of Dollzone tan and Myou tan? Looking for a hybrid body and it's a toss up between the two! Thanks!

18. I have a tan Myou doll on the way, but my only Dollzone doll is NS :sweat Hopefully someone else will be able to provide an example, I'm curious as well!

19. I love to see dolls in a range of colors that mirror actual skin tone. I especially like to see a range of dark colors and not just one brown color, for example.

20. I’m a fan of luts real skin brown.