1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A squirrel (Nobility Scon)

Apr 17, 2008

1. Sara, did you get it via email??? That leaves me some hope, maybe I'll hear something soon.

2. Actually.. I got my email notice of Scon being shipped TODAY.. pretty amusing since I got the actual doll yesterday.

So to those who has got the email notice now.. check the tracking number.. it may be a lot closer than you think ;)

3. That would be so cute!

4. I was worried about not getting a notice, so I asked them on their care board whether or not he had shipped. They then sent an email that had my tracking number and said he had been sent the day before. AFTER that, I got a standard ship notice email, but there was no tracking number! The tracking number was only in their first email, the reply to my question.

It's a little odd! But oh well, at least he's on his way... :lol:

I bet yours shipped on Monday too. They seem to be sticking to their revised schedule for him, with the first batch going out on the 2nd and this newest batch going out this past Monday. Their ship notices seem very iffy, but they are indeed sending waves of squirrels our way.

...How often do you get to say that? ;)

5. I ordered a scon, will be getting it painted like a chipmunk instead of a squirrel. JerrysuagrAV does awesoem animal fur painting (look ehr up). She'll be painting my scon as a chipmunk! I think scon looks more liek a chipmunk then the squirrel he supposedly is!

My scon is on lay away right now tho! As soon as I get him paid off, he's immediately beign shipped off to jerrysugarAV to paint for me!

I ordered mine as a winking scon, I've alwas wanted a winking doll!

6. I looked at the pictures. That would be such a cute doll... but I'd want him to have a big puffy tail that he could hold and look all cute and shy with. ^_^

7. Awwe super cute!!!

8. Very cute, I like his little smile.

9. My little guy arrived and I am in love with him... I don't know why I find him so appealing, but I actually think he's my favorite BJD of all right now. My camera is being repaired so I can't post pix yet but I will as soon as it's back. He fits right in the hand really well and has this tendency to fall into very sweet poses, like a little baby. I'm a sucker for cute, and he is just adorable! At first I thought I'd give him a different face up, his nose has little lines and it bugged me, but it's grown on me and now I like him just as is. I will add some body blushing to make him a little more chipmunk-like, but not a lot as I like him sort of between species! I'm thoroughly delighted with him.... and the company apologized to me for not sending a tracking number, although they did after he arrived.

10. I hear you! I think that's exactly what makes me love him, too. That, and his goofy grin :) He simply makes me smile whenever I look at him. I can't help it!

One word of advice, if you're tempted to take him with you as much as I am.. if your Scon is like mine, the magnet that holds the tail is really.. not holding the tail very well. And only yesterday we had a (rather panicked) search party looking for his left foot/sneaker - we found it, but his feet are now extra attached with Tack it/Sticky tack so they won't get lost by accident.

He's just so adorable.. I've even taken him with me on a regular grocery shopping-trip. Just because I wouldn't leave him at home :doh I'm afraid I've become besotted with the little guy.. but..
      is it any wonder?
      [​IMG]

11. Oh, he's so cute, TrekkieGrrrl! You're right, I've almost lost his tail once already, I like the idea of adding the sticky tack to keep things in place. Love his outfit!!!

12. Mine can't stand alone, and he is really hard to pose, his knee is kicking the entire time and it almost looks like one leg is a little bit bigger than the other one. I need to take pictures.
      Is really weird.

Geri

13. Hm. Mine can stand, but especially his right leg is VERY kicky. I've considered hotglue sueding him, but it's such a small place and I'm afraid to mess it up. I can sort of lock his legs into standing position, but it's hit and miss... I think if I couldn't make him stand at all I would be rather miffed, even as cute as he is, he should at least be able to stand like on the promo pictures...

14. i was just thinking that.

15. God no! They are scary looking!! I LOVE squirrels but this is horrible! sorry if I offend anyone but they look more like chipmunks... if they looked a little bit more like the dz animals and less cartoony I would most likely buy one! lol

16. Geri,

I just got the Persi, and she isn't able to stand either (although my Rooney does). Could it be the size of the anthros? Or their shape? Especially since others, like Trekkie Grrl seem to be having standing issues?

Penne

17. I don't know, I was looking at him with my friend last night and we realized that yes one leg is shorter than the other one, so I need to take pictures of him next to a ruler so I can send the pictures to nobility doll. He is so cute but he can't even sit.

Geri

18. Hm. I won't say I have standing issues per se. He stands, as you can see on my pic, quite well and unsupported. His right leg *is* very kicky though - but OTOH I have two DS sized dols where especially one of them (my D&D Shade) is almost impossible to get to do anything but stand totally ramdod-straight - or sit. Anything inbetween and she just folds into a Z... >_<

So it's not totally uncommon, and I think it has to do with the stringing, at least in my case. If your legs are truly of a different length, ponygery, then there's something else wrong. I assume you've already checked that it's not just a case of the elastic getting stuck in the T-shaped hole in the thigh? Especially since you say he can't sit either...

please take some pics so we can compare and see if this is "within normal parameters" or not :)

19. No is not the elastic. Is the leg. My friend said that maybe the problem is that he has 2 right legs, but that doesn't fix the length problem.

Geri

20. I actually wired my little guy because he wouldn't stand real well. It won't help you Geri but for everyone else it works great. One hint, the wire will need to be as long as the whole doll including his head. The wire goes straight through from his foot to the top of his head!