1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Accidental Love, has it happened to you?

Aug 18, 2009

1. I bought my Seorin thinking he'd be a practice head for a long, long time, and then maybe eventually when all the others were done I'd try and make him a character and get him a body, since he was a mold I really liked. That lasted until I got a faceup on him and put the green eyes I had waiting for another character in his head. He pretty much instantly said "So... you like wanted a surfer, yeah?" so I got him a blondish wig and there he is. I have re-done his faceup recently and it's even better, but he never did get used as a practice head. He even has a body now that he will only rarely if ever have to share.

2. I bought my F34 girl based on Volks' first promo pictures. When people started getting theirs, she looked nothing like the promo pics! She looked much more mature and her nose was a totally unexpected shape. I was certain I'd be selling mine as soon as she came in...but when I opened the box, she was beautiful!

I also bought a Heath not too long ago. I've always disliked Heath because of the gaunt cheeks and pouty lips. I bought him just because I wanted a boy and he was the cheapest SD13 boy I'd ever seen. :XD: I figured I could live with him until I could trade his head for something "better"....but he's awesome! I love him in real life and he's definitely staying in my doll family.

3. I bought a badly damaged DoC Yen here a few days ago, actually- when I got her, I expected to dislike her, clean her off then resell her- but instead, I fell hopelessly in love!

Pics related.

Before:
      [​IMG]

After:
      [​IMG]

4. Well I got to hold my Lestat before i bought him, and see him upclose. I was in love with everything...except his hands...They were so huge! And just ewww. I figured I'd find smaller, more feminine hands, which i prefer even on males. Then he came home...and all i could do was pet his little hands. I still like to just sit with him and pet his hands, as weird as that sounds.

He also gave me another "Ewww" moment though. After he came home his wig didn't look anything like what I saw at A-Kon. It looked like a chunk had been cut out of the side. I messed around with it then got it in a style that hide that fact, but it made the mesh bit more visible through the hairs then it already was! Ugh! The other day i was messing around with his hair and finally realized it had been brushed the wrong way, so it looked back. I brushed it right, put it back into his little ponytail and bam! All better! ^^ Now i won't have to buy another wig for him! XD I don't have any pictures of him with his better hair though. I need to do a shoot with him badly. Maybe tomorrow if its light enough.

5. My peroth, Logan. I bought him because he was angry looking and looked a bit like the volks f-30. Turns out to be lovelovelove <3 Threw a few piercings on him and ugh. That kid slays me with every look.

6. I bought a delf El around July with a kind of plain faceup. When he arrived I had the Mr. Clean magic eraser out with the means to repaint him. I opened the box and looked at his face, he had the cutest faceup ever. He had nicely painted eyebrows and lashes and the cutest little freckles in the world. Then he became Enzo and has had the same faceup ever since.

I also bought an AOD LeLe around June for real cheap that I hadn't really planned on doing anything with. I wanted an AiAi but the LeLe was too cheap to pass up. When he arrived I realized I liked him sooo much more than the doll I originally wanted.

7. I can say this totally happened with Benny, my ninodoll half eyes Iz. He was an impulse buy and surprisingly cheap going second hand. I paid for him and thought 'I can see his character in the sculpt, I'll give it a go'. You know, I wasn't all that sure or anything, I just bought him and figured hey, if I don't like him, practice head for face ups or I'll resell.

Well when I got him, even blank, it was instant love. I couldn't stop looking at him. He was just GORGEOUS! Even now, he became my favourite doll to photograph. I got him a face up and he came back even better! Honestly I couldn't have expected that I would have fallen so hard for him. If I had to sell every doll I have, I can say I definitely wouldn't let Benny go. He's my most awesome little chibi. XD

8. Yes D:
      While looking for my first doll, I fell in love with Puki Madeleine from Fairyland, but then a few weeks after I bought her I kept looking at the pictures and second guessing myself, as she looks pretty creepy on some of them XD
      I was regretting getting her eventually, with the exchange rate I paid a lot of money for her I didn't really have :eek: I was like, 'argh maybe I should have saved my money'

When she finally came in the mail I was really nervous, she was my first BJD so it was exciting, but also I was worried if I might hate her. I got her out of the box and was still unsure, but the moment I put the wig on her I just went "AWWWWWWW"
      An now I have no idea why I thought she might have been super creepy :XD: she's the cutest little thing ever and I'm so glad I got her.

Oh, also with my other doll Finnian, I bought him a wig and I didn't like him in it at all, I made him wear hats all the time because he looked so weird otherwise. I was pretty peeved because, well.. I didn't want him to have to wear a hat all the time.
      But the other day I was playing around trying to make it look nice and I'd given up hope, so was just being silly and putting it on backwards and stuff, but it turns out that he looks 100 times more adorable when he wears the wig sideways, so that's how he'll be wearing it from now on XD though he still has some stray hairs I need to trim

9. Sorta kinda? lol. I had my first doll all planned out, Luts DELF Shine and i had his name, his concept, everything all planned. Then i was browsing around for clothes and just for fun to see all the dollies out there and whatnot, and my eyes fell on the Souldoll Jinwoo. I dont know what happened but everything inside of me froze. I knew i needed to have him, i felt so bad for the poor shine boy :'( he was long gone from my mind and the Jinwoo just took over. I love my Jinwoo boy more than any other doll i could ever get (sorry julian & dom! :'( ) since hes my first and gave me that feeling i dont think any doll could be quite as special as he is x3

10. I absolutely hated banji dolls, something just looked weird. Same with several other dolls. However I usually obsess and end up liking them a lot.

11. I got one of my dolls as a gift. I thought I would never like her much, since I didn't choose her myself and in the company pictures she didn't look appealing to me at all. But when I got her and opened her box, she was absolutely stunning! She's by far my most favourite girl now! I even got her the wig from the company pictures (which I didn't like that much either) and I couldn't be happier with her! ^-^

12. This happened with my current attempt at SD-scale, actually. I picked up a cheap, old, modded Delf from the marketplace, because he was inexpensive and a head mold I kind of liked, so I figured I'd have a better shot at him working out than the previous SD I'd sold years ago. I hadn't really intended to keep him, just try him out and replace him with a nicer doll later. He showed up dirty, unevenly yellowed, and with destroyed stringing--honestly, he was in disappointing shape, much worse than advertised, so I set to work cleaning him up and fixing him... and once he was back in one piece? This boy's not going anywhere. I've had to decide how to change my plans around to justify keeping him, because of how happy he makes me now that he's been cleaned and repaired.

13. Once I was browsing through the marketplace and saw a libra head up for trade, I wasn't looking to get a new doll and I wasn't into tinies either. But I just had to take him home.
      And when I got him and tried a blonde wig my mind instantly thought "Daishi" so now that's his name. (if you're familiar with Psycho le Cemu...)
      It doesn't even look that much like him, especially since it's so young looking XD

Also when I bought my brownie haha, at first it was just like "it's cute, and cheap, let's try". I even considered selling her a couple times but then when I look at her I just can't.
      She doesn't even fit in my collection, been a 10cm tiny, but I sort of make her fit in disguising her as a doll XD

14. YES.

My sister traded me a Luts Winter 10 event head on a Volks SD13 body in exchange for faceup work and some other stuff. I didn't think I'd like the doll for all of these reasons:

1. I don't like single jointed bodies.
      2. I don't like Luts or Delf sculpts.
      3. I don't like to own heads with faceups that aren't mine.

But I was broke and wanting to shell a bandmate of a different doll, and didn't have a clear picture in my head of this guy, and had said before "Whatever falls in my hands next will determine what Lakin looks like." So. That's what he was. I only needed him as a side character and for band pix anyway.

Four months later? I simply ADORE this boy. I didn't wipe his faceup. I used him as a "clean slate" for DoA anniversary couture contest, and that determined his style (NOT what I planned!) I even kept what was supposed to be a temp wig on him, didn't like the one I bought for him once it arrived. Funny how the random "whatever" doll ends up being in your faves list!

15. My Pukifee Cony, Zephyr. One of those "in-stock and I have the money" purchases. It took four wigs (one was just wrong, one made her look like a hamster with issues and one made her look like Courtney Love. Ew. Last one was the charm...) and almost every outfit I had before I found her look, but when I did, it was instant love.