1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Accidental orders?

Jun 5, 2007

1. When I was fresh and shiny within the hobby, I did a mock order on LUTS to check for shipping (of course) and the order actually went through and sent me into a wonderful little panic. I e-mailed LUTS spewing apologies, and they replied and told me it was okay because orders without pay for seven days are automatically canceled.

Why should I have panicked if I never entered any form of payment anyway? Silly n00b. :roll:

2. Yep.. Just happened about 2 minutes ago.. OTL I really hope the company cancels it.. I swear, my heart near stopped when I realized I was sent an order receipt..

3. Not quite an accidental order per se, but for some reason Dollfactory sent me two duplicate purchase receipts at different times of my order. I didn't check until like an hour after I ordered, and seeing TWO receipts, I kind of panicked a little bit thinking maybe it accidentally went through twice! I mean, I want a Pepe, but not two haha.

Thankfully my bank shows only one purchase, so the double-receipt is just a weird thing.

4. I did on eBay--it's how I got my Euclase. The seller had an "Or Best Offer" option, which I had NO experience using and knew nothing about as far as how it worked. I put in a super-low offer, thinking it would be rejected, but it was automatically accepted right then and asked me if I wanted to go to checkout.

I had a very WTF "oh no, I just spent all that money" moment, then realized I'd gotten him for a really good deal. :)

5. yep, I was planning on ordering a brown wig for Emily, well I thought I had clicked on the brown one and payed and everything. When I woke up in the morning I had a bad feeling about my order and took a peak. It had been really late and I had bought the wrong color, instead of brown it was white. Well I swallowed my pride and waited, when the wig came I looked at it, I actually liked it. I tried it on Emily and it worked really well. SO sometimes your fingers know what to click before you do ^.^

6. some companies shopping carts dont empty after a purchase so a few times me and mum have ended up with doubles or even triples of the same thing clothes ect its only happened once or twice with dolls but thats ok cause if mum doesnt want it i get it :D

7. no it needs to be a Simon's Cat!

I've never managed to accidently order something. I have forgotten to hit the confirm button on some orders though.

8. Oh man, I did that at Volks with a doll back when you didn't have to give any payment information before an order was placed. (or maybe its still like that?) I was only like fourteen, and had no money so I kind of had a small heart attack when i saw the ORDER SUBMITTED page*_*
      It ended up saying something like, 'payment must be received within two weeks or your order will be canceled'. Thank goodness!

9. I thought I had done this when I was doing a mock order of the BBB Apollo I was planning to buy. Looking back, there were a lot of details left out that could have clued me in that the order hadn't gone through, but I freaked out, anyway.

Had that happened, though, it would've had to go through PayPal, and I didn't remember if I get that email, or if my parents do, and what happens if either of us got an email like that. I know my parents would bring it up to me before they thought their credit card or PayPal got hacked because I'm the only doll-owner they know :) But then I didn't know if I could just ignore it, or contact the company, or PayPal... I'd worry that my parents would think I did this on purpose (since I'm only about 1/2 way finished, and now thinking of going a totally different route with my doll savings)... a lot of stress.

But then I realized I didn't go as far as saying what zone I was in to calculate shipping, and no email ever came.

I also had a mini-heart attack when I tried ordering my first doll, and then it suddenly said the doll was sold out. But when I had chosen to go through PayPal, it kept bringing me to a blank screen, and I think I ended up ordering three times, but I think they corrected the problem because I was only charged once, and got what I ordered without accidental dupes.

10. I won the auction for my second doll accidentally. Well, close enough. I bid on the doll, but didn't expect to win, since the winning bids were generally higher than my bid cap. It must have had something to do with the auction ending after midnight and the snipers going to bed, because the next morning I woke to find I was the proud owner of a new doll.

That win started a long tradition of buying dolls in gender pairs.

11. I've done this! Both times I did it was with Dollmore XD
      the first time, it was both my first time ordering from DM and my first time ordering anything doll related period, and like a lot of people, I sent it through multiple times not realizing it went through the first time. I panicked when they sent me three invoices, told them what happened and they canceled two while I paid for one.

The second time I did it it was a huge mock order I accidentally sent through *headdesk*
      I had to ask them to cancel that one too. They're very good about that XD

12. I did that once -- I was filling out the info as far as I could go without actually ordering to find out what the postage would be. I thought the next click would bring up the shipping but instead it submitted the order... oh boy, I was panicked at first but realized it would soon be cancelled for non-payment. This isn't exactly the reputation I wanted to build with this company, but apparently it happens a lot and was no big deal!

13. I think I ordered the wrong body for my doll *_* I was so nervous I picked what I thought was right but now I figured out that I took the wrong one, planned to take an androgynous looking male body but picked a muscular one...Ah well :huh?: It won't look bad at least ~ :)
      I'm still waiting for it...So it will be a surprise what body it have *_*

14. Yes. I have... when I was trying to check out how much Freezia would be + wig and outfit, I accidentally made an order on the Iplehouse website. I cancelled it and e-mailed them, apologizing... looking back, I should have used the Q&A board. Anyways, they were very understanding, and they restored the order in my shopping cart, but I deleted it and got Mars instead. Well, at least I still purchased a doll from them?

15. I stop the mock as soon as it asks for credit, devit, or card info. I am NOT chancing ordering an item im not totally ready to pay for. Havent had an accidental order yet. =)

16. Never happened to me before..but if in case it happens, I'll just sell the items if I don't like them...

17. When I ordered Tovi I didn't have a paypal account set up yet (well it was set up but not activated yet as we were waiting for the deposits) so when it was activated I went to order him again thinking it didn't go through the first time. But then I realized that the order HAD gone through the first time so I'd just ordered a second doll. :sweat this was on Ebay, though, so I just messaged the seller and explained what happened and that I only wanted one doll and she fixed everything and it went along without a hitch.

18. well this wasnt an accendental order so much as a mistake from the company..i bought my oll second hand from my friend she ordered him blank..an he came with this AMAZING faceup free of charge..i gues it was just luck

19. I haven't done this, but I need to be more careful. Like yesterday I decided to see how much it would be if I bought the new soom doll with ALL the extras. So I put everything into the cart and it was nearly a 900 dollar order. I panicked and quickly closed the whole browser window because I was worried I'd mess something up and wind up putting in an order for that much xD Ugh, I would beat myself, have to eat nothing but ramen until it arrived and then SELL EVERYTHING

20. I generally find it's better to email them for ship quotes rather than do 'mock orders', because some shopping carts report back to the company when people put thing in a cart but don't buy it, and they base decisions about things like site design on the idea that it was something *they did wrong* that made you back out, not that you were doing a mock order.