1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Accidental orders?

Jun 5, 2007

1. I did this just the other day with Dollmore. I placed an order and it wouldn't let me pay through the website, so I thought "Too bad, so sad!" and went to get something similar off Alice's collections. THEN I got an invoice from Dollmore - whoops!

It worked out, however, as the AC shoes didn't fit Lief's stonking great feet, and the dollmore shoes did.

2. Yup. This happened with my Leeke order.
      I was just tallying things up in the cart to see how much I needed for free shipping, merrily clicking away and somewhat tired.
      Then all of a sudden I got a "Thank you for your order" page. I hadn't finished adding everything and the options for the doll I ordered weren't right (just the defaults)! D:
      Panic-meter goes into overdrive and I get that cold sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach.
      Fortunately Leeke has a handy 'Order Cancellation' button if you haven't paid for you order. So I clicked that and my order was cancelled. I made a new one about 10 minutes later and sent them an apology on their Q&A along with my order details. They said everything was okay and disaster had been averted! Phew!

3. I was ordering from Iplehouse and my order came to a blank page. I thought it had frozen and refreshed the page. Later, I found out that because of that the order had been sent through twice! Luckily, I got in touch with Iple and they took the order off for me.

4. I don't see how you could even order something by accident. You have to enter all of your information, your credit card info, etc, and that's all very tedious. I mean it's not like you can just trip, fall, and your credit card info lands in the computer, and then the cat jumps onto the keyboard hitting enter, and sending it. LOL It's a very VERY tedious process. I mean you can do a mock order, and maybe place the order to the site, but until you actually enter your credit card or paypal info i don't see how it's even possible to go through.

5. What we mean by 'order' is that the company has recieved a list of the things you would like to purchase and has sent you an invoice. I'm a member of many doll websites, with my details saved in forms for ease of convenience. As such, it would be incredibly easy for me to get to a page where all of my details were already filled out when looking for a shipping quote. Then it is a case of my dog jumping up, smacking a few keys and... whoops!

Bear in mind also, that with a lot of companies, you have to pay for your order through paypal directly. Thus, on the actual website, an order could have gone through before you entered any details for payment at all. In this case, the company has recieved your order (A list of goods that you 'want' to purchase) and while you may not have yet paid for the order, it is still technically an order.

6. And i do understand that, but people are saying that they recieved orders. Meaning they paid for them. LOL At that point, it's no accident. You officially choose to order the item when you do that. If you recieved a doll, pants, shoes, etc, it's because you physically went into paypal, and chose to pay for the items. Its not a complete order until you pay for it.

7. Could it potentially be seen that way, but as in people are ordering things they didn't intend to order yet rather than people can't order something?

I think companies should make it extremely easy to know when your order is going to be processed at a certain point - like, post a big sign that says "Note: after this section your order will be processed..." or something along the lines of "Stop if you don't want to buy this, yet!" memo.

I think I wrote about the scare I had with BBB when I tried to calculate cost; luckily, nothing was processed at all, so all was well.

Maybe companies should have an order calculation button as well as an order button (but in addition to what I proposed) so that people know that they're not buying something they didn't intend to, but can still calculate an approximate price.

8. Thankfully I've never had accidental orders even after trying to check the shipping many times! (At least, none that I know of right now... :lol:).

9. *lol* Yeah, I don't quite get how that could happen either! It's never happened to me before... I always stop before clicking on the "Submit Order" or "Order Now" button. There's usually some fairly large print on each page that tells you what stage of ordering you're on. Perhaps it's because I am old and slow, but stopping to read the fine print on each step has never been a problem, either.

Now, if you're talking about "accidental ordering" in the sense of "I only came online intending to order one pair of boots and a sweater, but ended up dropping an extra $200 on accessories and pants and other boots and goggles and underwear and a bullwhip, because they were having a sale on leatherwear, and the sweater was out of stock anyway"... then yes, I've been there. :XD:

10. I very nearly wound up with two Siofras (the Dollmore Model Doll When Dreaming Ipsae -- $790 worth of doll for just one of them) due to a computer/internet glitch. Fortunately the Dollmore folks were very reasonable and understanding when I asked them to cancel one of the orders.

11. i did this once with Dollmore. I later realized how their order system works, so I'm not making that mistake ever again XD

12. Dollmore can be confusing. Both times, when I've ordered - and you choose PayPal for the payment option - whenever I click 'continue', the screen goes blank. What actually happens is that they send you an invoice a few hours later. They really need to fix that.

13. Dollmore's sales page has never gone blank for me-- could be there's a problem with your browser, if it doesn't render that confirmation page right. (It's supposed to show a "your order has been received" page, with your order number & payment total showing. From there you can click to check right out at Paypal, or you can wait for their Paypal invoice to be sent to you.)

I use Firefox and have never had that problem, in some 6 years of shopping at Dollmore. But I can imagine it'd be very alarming!