1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ack! This is aweful!

May 31, 2005

1. I had an issue with my Delf Chiwoo in that for seemingly no reason at all, the gloss on his lips was turning gooey and melting off, the lip color along with it!! I never figured out what happened.. all I did was clean it as best I could and recoat it with polyurethane. Since then I haven't had a problem.. the only thing I can think of is that the car ride down to Savannah, GA had done something.

But again, I really can't say. Good luck, either way!

2. It's not turning me off from the brand and I'm not complaining. I had understood before that DoD did seal their face ups. I'm confused, and trying to figure out if when Yen arrives I should seal him again or not. I've only been involved in this hobby for about two months so I'm trying to understand.

3. Hmm, no need to have a battle girls honestly.

Emberly, good go ahead and mail DOD and if they can't do anything about it...your probaly going to have to do something yourself. Paint and sealents are all different and act differently in weather conditions so its probaly not DOD's fault.

I do hope DOD does somthing for you, as this is sort of a bother...I had it happen and it sucked.

Again, good luck and keep us posted.

4. Oh, I'm sorry that happened. :( ...I can't even begin to speculate on how it might have happened. DOD do seal their dolls' faces soooo...I dunno. I hope you can get it fixed. Don't despair...your doll still loves you. :grin:

5. Shadrad!? *LATCHES* You've been to Savannah!? I'm going there this month to go to the SCAD summer programs...

What's it like down there!? :o

6. ACk, I din't mean to offend anyone. I guess my problems not as bad. I suck at putting things the RIGHt way, so everyone takes it the wrong way.
      I'm not trying to be DOD guard dog. DOD was very good in the past, and their loaded with order's, so its understandable there would be some problems. I was just saying the point was, thier busy, they are bound to be mistakes. I'm not saying , you spent 30 bucks, oh well. I spent that too.

My Si's lips don't look to bad up close. I didn't know it was so extreme, I guess I'm just lucky.
      Emberly, I never suggested to send him off. I said to coat his lips, since from your vagueness, I didn't know how bad it was. Cool off. It's DOD's fault, not mine.

(edited for a few typos)

7. I think I may have found the culprit: Humidity
      -I know that when I apint my nails, if it's humid outside (I don't paint them indoors) it takes longer to dry, and sometimes it can remain tacky for a few hours or more, Usually I get frustrated and remove it.

I'm not implying they use nail-polish on their dolls, but their could have been a humidity difference between where and when they put on the gloss, and when your darling got home...

Sadly, I don't think there is a way to fix it, I mean you can't really keep a humditiy controlled enviroment for your doll forever.

8. All my dolls are pretty good. I certainly havent noticed ANY wear at all anywhere.
      Re Humidity.. I live in a climate where it reaches well over 90% rel humidity most of the time.. and at this time of year is usually 96-98% relative hunidity.
      I have a few default face ups, DOD, Seimei, 2 Customs, neutral Ryung and a volks.. the rest I did myself and I havent had any trouble with any of them.
      So it would be really interesting to know the cause..

9. Well for Bael when I redid his faceup, maybe a week after recieving him I used Testor's Dullcote on him, which has worked magnificently. As for humidity being a factor...well that's possible, but so is temperature. Bael stays in my room in the basement, the temperature is never over 70, and I have a dehumidifier on just about constantly, so I have maybe 20-30% humidity, and I've never had any problems with his face. And I used clear nailpolish as gloss on his lips, also without problems.

I would recommend a light coating for at least their faces upon arrival, better safe than sorry in my mind. I'm sorry to hear about what's happened, but I'm sure you could find someone to redo the faceup here should you need to.

10. I haven't done a face-up yet but I do OOAK Barbie dolls, and if you don't wait for the paint/pastels to dry at least overnight or longer, and then try to seal them, the paint/pastels will come off.

So maybe that was the problem or perhaps they missed the sealing altogether. Definitetly contact the company, they should fix the problem.

11. DOD has it posted in their face-up page the following:

They always use Mr. Colors & Mr. Super Clear when doing face-ups. I do not believe that them changing their paints or coating is the issue here.

It may have been that they did not wait long enough between painting & coating your doll and packaging it to be shipped off to you. Packages can get very warm during shipment, and this could have made the gloss that they used after painting & coating the doll remain gooey & not fully dried.

Gloss can sometimes pull off coating & paint if it is not let to fully dry.

I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened to you, and can only imagine how upset you are. I've had nightmares before about my dolls arriving with their face-ups melting off, and the feeling is very sickening to the stomach.

I hope that DOD will be able to do something for you. If his eyes are chipping from where you pulled off his eyelashes, then you may be able to contact DOD for a replacement head.

12. First I'd like to say that Im very sorry about your situation! I could only imagin how you must feel! I do agree with Jibrille though, DoD could have just not waited long enough for the gloss to dry and it just didn't get the chance to dry fully. We can really only guess what happened though but I just hope everything works out for you. <3

13. Humidity does play a factor in coating a doll. It might be that your doll didn't dry completely either while it was still with DoD.

I'd appreciate it if this thread remain civil also. I don't want to have to lock it if tempers among any of you flare up.

14. We know the rainy season in Korea is a difficult time to make dolls - it's virtually halted production by Cerebus Project and Dollshe for months at a time. (Humidity can cause bubbles to form in the resin.) It might well also be affecting the drying time of paints and sealants. (It sure does here in humid Florida.)

If there is a problem with their dolls, I would think DOD would want to know about it (in a polite way, of course.) I hope they can help.

15. I got my Si in March and haven't noticed any problems with his faceup. It still seems as perfect as ever and that is with the crazy trip to Animazement where he showed off his kung fu skills. I'll look at him again now... Yup, he's still my perfect little angel.

16. Aww i so srry to hear that:( If I were you i wolud tell the company:)