1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Actual Dreams About Your Doll

Jul 1, 2011

1. I had a dream about unboxing a large male doll (one I have no plans to even order!) and realizing.. he'd come with all sorts of optional parts! I mean, there were not just three sets of hands (??) but also a spare set of lower legs and feet, and I think an extra head that didn't have the same face on it?

It was really cool, but I was trying to figure out where to stash all these spare parts, and whether I'd ordered them by accident.

2. I dreamed I was a seamstress with a little shop on a cobbled street, and human-sized doll women kept coming to shop. Their hair was amazing. All of them wanted ruffles and structured shoulders.

3. I had a really bizarre/unsettling dream featuring Vince the other night.

I mean, the first unsettling thing was that my dad dropped me off at a doll meet, and my dad had died before I got my first doll, so... it just started off on a feeling of 'wait, that's not right'. The host was someone I knew, not super-well, but well enough that I also knew the apartment the meet was in wasn't their apartment at all. And then one of the attendees was a friend from high school who doesn't collect dolls, but she and I were there the longest. My childhood pet cat was there, for some reason. Vince wound up with Pete's face halfway through the meet, which... was very weird, since neither of them operate on a faceplate system, Pete's head doesn't really fit on Vince's body, and they're not remotely close to the same resin color. And I hadn't brought Pete. And then I never got picked back up and couldn't get in touch with my family so I was just out on the street in the dark holding my doll in a plastic bag on one arm, and my phone in the other hand.

No harm befell either of us, but I woke up without any resolution, either, and did not enjoy the whole 'alone on a dark street with doll' feeling.

4. Oh man, I just had a rather scary doll dream last night!

As it stands here in the real world, I just made my final layaway payment on my grail doll and can't wait for him to ship! :D In my dream, I was browsing on DoA when I got a notification telling me that someone else had snatched up my grail--after I already started his layaway! :...( It was kinda like the Marketplace changed to resemble ebay, where people could either bid on the dolls or click "buy it now" for a set price. But I was already putting down actual money on the doll, and I didn't get any back when the doll was purchased by someone else. I messaged the seller to ask what was going on, but they pretty much told me "you snooze, you lose!" :(

When I woke up, I actually sighed in relief when I realized it was only a dream. I'm so anxious to get my doll, now *_*

5. I had my first doll dream last night. It was a dolly nightmare! I had my little girl in pieces to spray her with sealant outside, and I took her parts inside after it all dried-- but I forgot her head! I only remembered the next dream day, but it was too late. The summer heat was too much. Her resin was all uneven and dark yellow, and she somehow got little holes all over her face. I tried to fix her up as best I could, but it was a futile attempt. I woke up in such a fright.

6. I had a really bad doll dream the other day! I was opening a box for what my dream self called an OnlyDoll Youbai (but it would actually have been a Fantasy Doll Amber) and I discovered it was a complete mess! It was 18 cm instead of ~26 cm and not proportioned like a YoSD at all. Plus the resin was extremely poorly cast. There were huge bubbles and gaps in places. The head piece didn't quite fit together. And I was holding this really poorly made hunk of plastic trying to justify it like "Well, maybe I can practice the chest mods I wanted for this character on it..?"

Also for some reason there was a normal, perfectly cast YoSD head there and even in the dream I wasn't sure if it was an event item or not.

Fortunately when I woke up I realized it was just a dream! Maybe all the talk about Chinese companies being low quality finally got to my subconcious, which is too dumb to realize that almost all of my dolls are Chinese and I have never had an issue with them, lol.

7. I dreamed about my dolls a lot. They're often apperared in the same size as a human. The most recent one is when I sent one of my doll to face-up artist and that night I dreamed that he's crying and telling me he did not want to go.

8. I have had quite a good several of them, some good, some cringeworthy. ^_^ I'm in a profession that predisposes me to have vivid dreams, so it's not surprising. Among those are:

- My Granado Michael was a real life human, yet he acknowledged me as his dolly mom and was even offering me a seat (which I kept saying should be his). I can't help but feel proud when so many people were commenting how good-looking he was. XD

- One of my Impldoll Azalea's eyelashes fell off. In another dream, she had a chunk of her eyebrow ridge chipped off when I wasn't looking. Alas, she seems to be a target for bad dreams.

- My precious Fantasia Vivian's head fell down the river as I was getting on a boat (don't ask) prior to sending her off to the faceup artist.

9. I had a dream once where this dude tried trading me a legit venitu(I even remember the CoAs) for a hecking mirodoll wind...I don't know where the mirodoll wind came in, I've never even wanted one, but venitu will haunt my dreams until I purchase one.

10. I had a dream last night that I found a bunch of beautiful BJDs and similarly pricy dolls at a thrift store, including a Minifee Mirwen who was priced at $20. It was a lovely dream.

11. I dreamt I found an amazingly beautiful doll once and I realized it was a dream, but thought I could pull the doll out of the dream into reality by keeping the dolls face very vivid in my mind as I woke up. Sadly it didn't work.

12. I usually have dreams about the characters of my doll (or dolls that I want...). Recently, I have had dreams about my Star Wars character and shelling her into the Supiadoll Juah, and my superhero character and shelling her into the Supiadoll Haeun.

13. I had a dream that someone had released a doll made to be a Viking man, with a face that would be just perfect for shelling one of my OCs so long as I purchased him blank and not with the included beard ;) Alas, when I woke up, no such thing has occurred.

14. Last night I dreamed my Dollshe order had suddenly arrived with no shipping notice. Somehow, I had already finished the intended dolls’ outfits so I was able to pull the bodies out of the boxes and assemble everything right away. The guys looked so great! I was over the moon stepping back to look at them all finished. In the same dream, I had also acquired two real-life miniature horses and I was driving them in a cart. Waking up was a disappointment.

15. I dreamed about having a beautiful msd and I was making stuff for it. xp

Hopefully, that will happen one day.

16. I had a dream that resulted in doll plans, does that count? :sweat This is the second time something of the sort happened - a dream spawned an idea for a story had me wanting to shell the main characters. Whoopsie.

17. Just had a dream that my limited doll got into the hands of a little kid and they colored all over it with crayon.:shudder And when I asked my sisters, who were supposed to be watching her, they didn't really seem sorry, just confused that I would collect such pricey dolls. All I could think was "At least it wasn't Sharpie..."

18. Sometimes I dream about doll shopping in a physical store. Those are a lot of fun. And I think a few times I may have dreamt about collecting my dolls to evacuate the house during some disaster.

19. I dream about BJD's all the time! I've had both good and bad dreams about them. I woke up REALLY UPSET a few days ago because I dreamt my dolls shattered. I've also woken up mega disappointed cuz I've dreamt about getting my Grail or being gifted a bucket load of free doll clothes, only to wake up and realize it didn't actually happen. My favourite dreams though are when my dolls are real and are my best and only friends. I have no friends in real life so I may be slightly over attached to my dollies.....

20. I have dreams about my dolls all the time. Had a dream recently that I was so disappointed from when I woke up, like I was crying because it seriously seemed so real and I didn't know that it wasn't. In the dream my husband and I had had a small fight before going out shopping so I wasn't really into it (this is normal cause he's a money stresser). Then we went into a new shop in the mall that had Oriental goods and I was like we'll probably just look around and go home. But I found a couple of displays in the back corner that had drawers. And when I opened one up, I slammed it back after I saw inside. Doll clothes! One drawer for each size doll, and the other display of drawers had shoes! They were super affordable and there were a few boxes on the floor off to one side, so I asked the lady at the counter what was in them. Doll wigs and eyes!!!! We ended up leaving the mall with several bags of just doll things and when we got home, I was finally able to complete everyone's different looks with a sizeable collection of items left over for incoming dolls. So I started organizing the pieces that weren't being used into my containers and I told my husband that they didn't fit. So we planned to get some new containers when JoAnn's had a sale on storage containers again. And we just started talking about cute Cashew and Kiwi looked in their new outfits and I wanted to make a list of posing for them. Then it got kinda blurry and I shook my head. Everything got even more blurry and I called for my husband and he started shaking me, I was like wtf... Apparently when everything got blurry I was starting to wake up and i scared my husband so he shook my awake while I was talking in my sleep. It didn't really click at first that I'd woken up from a dream and I had a strong urge to check out the stuff we'd just bought, but it wasn't there. I was heartbroken.