1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Actual Dreams About Your Doll

Jul 1, 2011

1. Last night I dreamed I finally got a shipping notice for my Dollshe guy after 20 months and I was very excited until someone told me they had just changed the import rules and my doll was now going to cost me $400+ in customs! I was devastated. Then someone said—in so many words in broken English—that they were in the same boat but knew away around it. You had to go meet the plane with hand drawn artwork of your doll and explain that these dolls are ‘special’ and plead with the airport staff to let you have the package right off the plane. :? He sounded very confident.

So me and this other BJD collector with whom I had a severe language barrier sneaked into the airport heist-style via the ‘employee food court’ (looked like a miniature mall with an arched glass roof and restaurants) and found where they were unloading packages. We were in luck—we met a single male security employee whose supervisor and coworkers had just hurried off to deal with some other emergency and we could see our boxes on a cart behind him!

I launched into our sob story about our dolls and the guy eventually gave in, but just as he was about to hand us our boxes we heard the return of his supervisor and she sounded like she was in an awful mood, entering the loading bay yelling about “why everything has to slam to a halt around here whenever blah blah...”

My accomplice tossed my Dollshe box to me and turned back for his own but the officer said to run. The accomplice was spotted an instant later and I was forced to sprint back to the food court with my box. But I felt so bad. I couldn’t leave him! Maybe he could still talk his way out with his doll. I would wait.

I pulled a large cart over to the counter of a bakery shop and put my box and a bunch of bread packages in there and pretended I was lazily stocking the display while keeping an eye on the loading bay doors. (My thought process here was that this cart would be our getaway vehicle...)

While I was distracted, however, suddenly some rough-looking teenagers with busted up teeth showed up, having seen me put the box in the cart and thinking we were smuggling drugs or something. I found myself in a fistfight (at about 9 months pregnant) desperately trying to hold onto my doll box and still struggling with the moral dilemma whether I should flee and abandon the guy who helped me get hands on it, and also of course realizing I had more of a responsibility to the safety of my unborn child than to this stupid doll and I never should have come here... as I’m punching and kicking violent teenagers away from a cart filled with bread... then I woke up.

What a ride! :lol:

2. I once dreamt that I kept dropping my poor Flowne :shudder She was never damaged in the dream but when I woke up I had to go check on her to reassure myself that she was ok!

3. I had a dream that I found one of my dolls that was stolen from me (this actually happened), only it's face changed into a super angry looking one. It was creepy enough in dream that I just left it where I found it.

4. i had a doll dream last night! i went to a co-workers house and she had a bunch of bjds just piled in a corner. one was a giant 1/2 scale doll!
      she said "oh yeah, those are just some dolls, my kids play with them sometimes."
      there was also a tiny pukifee sized doll with roller skates and pink and purple hair and stars on her face. the only doll that was dressed.
      i think now imma have to get a tiny and style her that way!

5. @ziggymoon, time to make the doll of your dreams!

I have dreams all the time about finding the mother lode of dolls in a flea market or junk shop. Then I start looking at them and there is something majorly wrong with every single one :(

6. I usually have same kind of dreams when I dream about BJDs. Some reason I have quite massive collection and always forget few dolls and find them from stranges places. In some dreams I have to go somewhere and pack my dolls safely into random bag or something. Funny thing tho, I almost never dream about my own dolls, they are just some random limiteds etc. and I'm like, I don't love this particular doll, but it's okay. And those who random who I find, I'm thinking "Didn't remember to have this one! Oh well, I can sell it". They usually also are grey, blue or white colored dolls. I have no idea why I'm having these kind of strange dreams :D

7. I had a dream that my girl's face was falling apart and losing its color. It looked awful. Fortunately she isn't limited and I resigned myself to buying another one. Glad that didn't happen.

8. I dreamed about Dollzone Scarecrow Hal after seeing photos of his new official outfit and faceup. He sort of came to life and we had a small talk like old friends in the dream. When I woke up, I thought to myself, okay I had to get this doll. By that time it was actually way past the cut-off time but luckily I found someone who was looking to transfer her order because she didn't want it anymore.

9. I've had a couple dreams now about getting my Impldoll Avery. I don't remember the first one well, but in the second, he was totally the wrong color and had the wrong face! His face was so sad looking, but I was more upset about the resin color.

10. I had one last night.

I don’t know how I got it, but I ended up with an elaborate anthro cat girl doll. For the record, she had really cute paws. But there was an extra doll with her that was made up of just her extra parts you weren’t using. It was about as creepy as you’d imagine. Like a spider with cat paws.

I showed my partner and he’s like “Oh, that thing is way too big, you need to return it.”

I’m like “it’s a 1/4 scale, that’s not even the biggest size. You mean I can only have 1/6 dolls now?”

“Yes exactly.”

“But I have a 1/4 doll on layaway.”

“You have to get rid of it.”

anyway I woke up mad at him before I realized it was a dream.

[edited because i was dumb and my post got merged into this thread]

#510 ashbelEro, May 30, 2021
      Last edited: May 30, 2021
    11. A few days ago, I had quite a pleasant one.

I dreamt that I finally got paid for some work I previously did.

In short, I dreamt that my work was finally recognized. More importantly, that I was actually loaded.

Caveat, the money would disappear in one hour (apparently, my ex-boss was a leprechaun XD).

So I did what a sane person would do: blow it all in a day on dolls, because they are material goods and would not disappear!

So I went on the Internet and ordered the two dolls on my wishlist (even if one of them was not actually made yet).

They arrived instantly after I placed my order (don't we wish to avoid waiting times) and I proudly presented them to my current family, saying "hey, the family is complete now".

...and I woke up, two dolls poorer. Oh well!

I was a bit disappointed, but since I dreamt about my ideal doll family, I know in which direction I want to go now, so there is always that silver lining? XD

12. I’ve never had a dream about MY doll but I have dreamed about BJDs. Specifically, it was about a product called faceup-in-a-can. You just sprayed it on like a sealant and a beautiful artist faceup would appear. It even looked like a sealant bottle. My dream’s example was a tan minifee Celine painted by Nicolle’ Dreams (the one off a back to basics video). It was easy to use, too. I had a pile of blank heads and I was simply spraying them one by one. One coat, no scratches or dust, no worries on handling it after. But one did change skin tone completely for some reason.

If only.

13. I keep having dreams that I injure my dolls or their face-ups. Truly a nightmare cause I don't know what I'd do if that happened. One of my dolls has his full-set face up and Ringdoll doesn't make him anymore :(

14. I dreamt that I finally got my dolls, did the fabled box opening of my dreams and there were no dolls in the boxes, just an enormous invoice and a letter to my other half telling him I'd spent the family inheritance on madness.

Then I went to this amazing craft show where every other vendor was a zombie and there in a basement shop were the dolls I had ordered. I asked the seller about them and he said that they'd been ordered by some noob 1000 years ago and were now antiques worth millions.

15. Last night I dreamt I was able to pick up my Harucasting Geurim in person! The setting was like a doll convention of some sort. I had taken my box back to where my friends were and when I opened it up, it took me a minute, but I realized I had gotten the wrong doll. I looked on the box and it was addressed to someone named Joanna (?!) So I went back, exchanged the box for the one that had MY name on it, and scurried back to my friends. This time I opened the box and was horrified to see that I had accidentally ordered a sleeping head version of the doll (which is silly of course since that doesn’t exist). I felt my heart sink, I’ve never wanted a sleeping head and I couldn’t believe that I had waited six months to get a doll I had ordered by mistake XP

So yeah this morning I double-checked my order -just in case- :sweat

16. Omg I had a dream about my dolls last night. I don't remember exacly what happened but I do remember holding my dolls and taking them on trips (which I am too shy to do) and having such a good time. Maybe I dreamed about them because I have been thinking about my dolls often lately. (I'm kinda getting obsessed with the hobby all over again) which is a wonderful thing anyways :) my dolls are getting the attention they deserve

17. I had my first BJD dream last night. I dreamed that my mom got me an anime style cat girl. I loved her she was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. I remember putting her on a shelf in my room and just being obsessed with her. And then I woke up. I don't have any dolls yet and I don't have anything like that on my Wishlist right now. So I guess maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something?:lol:

18. I have never dreamt about my dolls before ( I have no memories of doing so..) but I did recently have a dream that I went into this second-hand shop and this guy had amongst all of the clothes, jewelry, and home decor, up at the register like 5-7 BJD heads he was selling for $10 each and they where older sculpts and pretty yellowed, I cannot tell you what sculpts but I have a feeling they were, Volks or Luts? IDK... anyway that is the only dream about BJDs I have a memory of.

19. I'm new to collecting and haven't dreamt of any of my dolls. I haven't even played with my dolls yet. Anyway I did dream of a haunted doll trying to kill me after browsing dollmore dolls for several days. The reason why I probably dreamt of this was because dollmore dolls are pretty, yet they have a scary vibe to them that seems to be what the company is aiming for. Supernatural and scary, yet beautiful. I was scared as I browsed the photos, but found the dolls to be pretty. This dream is unrelated to bjds, but I used to dream every year on a regular basis of chuckie the killer doll trying to kill me. I always woke up scared and in a cold sweat. I hate those movies. I accidentally saw a little when I was changing the channel. That tiny bit of what i saw gave me nightmares for years. The funny thing is I find the doll they sell of that franchise sort of cute looking in a retro sort of way. I almost want to buy the doll that gave me nightmares. There was also a movie about toys soldiers actions figures I think that came to life and were trying to kill people i think that is what it was about. I used to think thye were dolls. Anyway that movie gave me nightmares about dolls too. Once I was told, this was when I was like I think elementary or younger, that my doll would come and haunt me since i cut off her hair and I was so scared after I think I had a nightmare I ended up ripping her head off and taping her face and throwing her under the couch. I really don't know what I was thinking when I did that. I feel bad for that doll now. I just remembered I did dream of bjds not of dolls I have, but dolls I wanted and needed to buy on a time limit. In my dream I was panicking because I forgot the doll I wanted was on sale and the deadline was at that moment. I was horrified i ended up missing the time to buy the doll. I woke up panicked and checked to make sure I didn't miss the order period. I felt relieved when I saw that I had plenty of time to buy the doll.

#519 Forever We Are Young, Feb 24, 2022
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    20. I had a dream sort of like that when I was brownsing dolls trying to decide what doll I wanted for my first doll, but instead of dreaming of my dream bjd. I ended up having a nightmare of a doll that was haunted and kept following me. Anyway I like dolls, but I get weird nightmares of dolls trying to kill me or haunting me. My mom would never buy me a doll. I used to ask for dolls, but she said no because she didn't like the mess the doll hairs created. I had lots of McDonald's or fast food toys, but not really real toys. I did have maybe 4 dolls in my life before i started collecting. Oh and my sibling bought me monster high dolls later on when got a job. I remember my mom didn't like me collecting dolls and wanted to throw out all my stuff. I'm not sure if she really did throw it out or if is in storage. I do know my aunt threw out most of my books and clothes my mom stored at her house temporarily. I'm now worried my dolls might have been thrown out. The problem is those were new winter clothes and items to replace after most of my clothes were stolen during a robbery. I hope my dolls weren't stored at my aunt.

#520 Forever We Are Young, Feb 24, 2022
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2022