1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Actual Dreams About Your Doll

Jul 1, 2011

1. I have them every now and again. I had one recently about their characters rather than their physical bodies, but it was a very good dream in which the characters where basically themselves but they existed in a steampunk version of their world instead of their modern storyline. I liked the idea so much, that I decided to reshell several (I had previously decided to pretty much nix their storyline before this) and redo them and their story steampunk style. So, I guess the human brain really does work things out in it's sleep, lol.

2. I've had two dreams about Suzume in the past. One in which I dropped her in snow and her faceup was damaged beyond repair. In the second one I was at a convention and thought that I had forgotten her at home, but then discovered that I had sat her on a table at some point and she had disappeared. Both were extremely upsetting.

3. My dreams are making less and less sense lately... First that wheelchair-runaway and last night I dreamt one of my dolls had her teeth falling out. She doesn't even HAVE teeth! 0.o

4. I had an odd dream the other night...

I was laying in bed and leaned over to look in the floor by my bed and there were some of my dolls (tinies) there. I noticed my LTF Shiwoo (Lucifer) looked odd and then I saw him blink. A sat up and he blinked again so I reached over and pulled him into bed so I could study him. His face looked alive, he would smile minutely and his eyes moved... like, his eye lids too.

I heard a kind of whispering noise and I realized it was coming from my doll. I held him up to my ear so I could hear him and had a kind of conversation:
      (vague... from what I remember)
      me: "what are you"
      doll: "demon"
      me: "so, are you possesed?"
      doll: "yes"
      me: "oh, so what's your name?"
      doll: "my name is..." (i couldn't hear it)
      me: "what? I couldn't hear what you said, can you repeat it please?"
      doll: "my name is Wilson"

And that was pretty much it... In my dream I remember thinking 'Wilson, like the volleyball? and What kind of a name is that for a demon?'

I think I might re-name my doll now... :P

5. I had a dream that I had to go into a meeting, so I had to leave my doll outside. Then he reached for me like, "NOO! Don't leave me!" So I had to bring him with. It was awkward.

I also have a lot of dreams about potential dolls:
      I had a dream I was looking in my closet and discovered a bunch of Volks limiteds!
      In another one I received a Minifee Chloe and named her Rona. I had to hide her because I wasn't supposed to get anymore dolls, haha!
      Just last night I dreamt I got a Volks SD girl but she didn't end up being what I wanted her to be, and I think she was a recast. The people sent me a real limited Yo-sd with her and I fell in love with the little Yo girl. I couldn't return the SD then because then I would have to return the Yo! So stressful...

6. I dreamed this about a year ago. This was what I get for spending too much time at the lab @_@

I was alone at the lab conducting an experiment on a few of the lab mice. When I picked a mouse from his cage he got loose from my grip, landed on my left thigh, and bit me. I was tried to be careful to get the mouse to let go of his grip, but while trying to pull it off I sadly ended up killing the poor guy.
      Well, rather than properly disposing the dead mouse I turned to my left and Dani was sitting right there on the lab table. I held the dead mouse by the tail in front of him and he then extended his arms to take the dead mouse from me and began eating it! O_O He was so happy and I reacted as if this was normal.

As soon as I woke up I walked to my dresser Dani was sitting on, gave him a kiss on the forehead and told him "I love you, now behave". Then before leaving for class I left him a cookie since his character loves sweets. You know, just in case even if he never touched it...

7. the only dream i ever had with my dolls in it my room caught fire when a candle fell and the firemen were able to put it out before any real damage was done to the house but when i went into my room literally the ONLY things that had been burned to ruin was all six of my dollies and two of my three manga bookshelves...

my boyfriend has to wake me up in the middle of the night cus i had woken him up crying in my sleep!

8. I don't have either of my dolls yet but I've been having weird dreams that I get them and they were actually living things and because I have all shipments sent to my job, they died because I was off for a bunch of days and no one called me to tell me my packages arrived 0_0

9. Mine from a week ago. Note I did NOT have a dream about the doll I am currently waiting for.

So in my dream (trying to summarize very long and detailed dream) - I woke up in the evening just like I would in real life and my mom said she had a package for me. It was a large box but much smaller than the 70cm boy I am expecting. My boy isnt supposed to come for another 2 months at least either so in my dream I was very confused. I opened the box and to my surprise I found the full body of an MSD sized girl! There she sat so beautifully packaged with face covering and all. She was about 15-17" tall, had orange cat ears for some reason, and eyes already in her head. Inside the box she also had 2 adjustable tails that were also orange with a pattern but the rest of her was like any normal pink skin bjd. Right when I held her (unwrapped) out of the box.. so much joy and love swept over me. I was completely in love with this new doll. I had never ever been interested in girl dolls, smaller sized dolls, or cat/animal dolls ever. I remember in my dream being so excited and telling my mother and roommates because I was in so much shock since she was sent to me by mistake or something and now I had a beautiful doll. I never imagined I could love something that wasn't real so much. I do not believe she had a soul or anything but I was just so mesmerized with this beautiful piece of art in my hands and I felt this bond with her. I was so excited to get her clothes and a wig and take her out for photos and everything. And then just like that I said "I feel like I'm dreaming I'm so happy and WOKE UP.

I have now realized how much I respect this hobby. I use to think it was strange when people described their attachment to their dolls but in those 20 minutes of my dream I felt something very strong. I am now looking forward to getting my boy more than ever... And searching for that girl
      doll I saw in my dreams. I believe she is out there somewhere and my heart will miss her until I find her. :?

10. I'm a newbie to the hobby. I am currently waiting on a preorder doll that will be my first. Right before I ordered I had this extremely vivid dream that was almost more of a premonition of the first doll I would get.
      I had originally been looking at SD male dolls. But I wanted to get into the hobby with my 12 year old daughter and she was likening the female YOSD's much more. The dream was about a YO girl with a raincoat and boots. A day or two after the dream I made a drawing of the doll and posted it to here and to a local doll facebook group I belong to. Within a couple days after that I mentioned to my husband the I found the dream doll and wanted to order her. And so it happened! It is as if she just manifested into my life.
      Now I had another dream about a little light skinned black boy doll. I found him in the Iplehouse Ifreet sculpt but he's currently sold out so I've been watching the marketplace for him.

11. When I was waiting for my first BJD there was a bit of trouble. My address didn't register properly with the company and my emails bounced back to me, so she was delayed for about a month or two. During that time I had a couple of typical stress-dreams. They all had to do with getting the wrong doll or not getting her at all. I remember dreaming that she arrived broken because of the customs people treating her wrong, that when she arrived she was in fact the size of a barbie (she's an SD), that her nose was missing... All sorts of crazy stuff. After she arrived I never had BJD dreams again, until I traded dolls with a girl on a forum. She sent her package a day or two after I sent mine, so I had nightmares about having been tricked and never getting my doll. It all turned out great, so there was no need to worry, but I guess I stress out at the drop of a hat. ^^'

12. @Citrinepoint - Wow that is very cool that you found your literal 'dream' dolls. ^_^ Congrats on your first doll and I wish you luck on your Iplehouse quest boy.

@ShatteredTeacup - Ahhh I'm so happy I haven't had any stress nightmares about my boy yet. They sound terrifying! XD Glad everything turned out well for you though. =)

13. Haha, myeah, in retrospect I feel a bit silly about them but they were a real pain at the time! XD Thanks! :3

14. Apparently my boyfriend had a dream that I owned a giant tanned doll that looked like a small child with an abnormally long face that was disproportionate to the rest of it's body. It could talk and have conversations and move on it's own. It tried to kill him and I didn't believe him apparently.

So... that tanned 70cm I was wanting might be out of the question now! Haha.

15. I had a dream that I was a doll, it was crazy! 0 .0
      All I rememebr has that I had long pink hair, big red lips and I was wearing some kind of cute dress.
      I was trying to find my human at her highschool and she found me and put me back into her locker! lol.

16. I had this dream that this DOB arrived home finally after a long wait, and when I opened the box both heads had no face up!! so when I called to ask why they told me that make up was not in the cart... also forgot the wig O_O I freaked out. So I just went blank strain at my nude bald baby...

Its was shoking because I am waiting for my first dolls and I obviously cannot do any face ups. And I do not know anyone in my country that does them. and finally, my dolls are big ones not babies... maybe it is a sign that I will have this cute little one with me soon... I hope he`s not bald!

17. I came home sick from work today and during my nap, I had a horrendous dream that my doll was nothing like I thought it would be (I'm currently waiting for my first). It was made of this super pliant rubber, the faceup was done like a Barbie's with hard-block printed areas, and its eyes were ridiculously small, so small the only part of its eyeball you could see was the pupil, so it looked beady-eyed and creepy. The hands had 6 fingers each and weren't connected in the middle of the palm. Worst of all, I had to pretend to love it because my family was present and were judging me for spending so much on a clearly messed up product! :...(

Had any dreams about your dolls, or dreams about future dolls?

18. I'm still waiting on my first doll and had my first dolly nightmare last night too!

I've got my first doll on layaway and I dreamt that the place I'm doing l/a from was penalizing me because I was a day late with my last payment. They said they were still going to send me the doll, but it was an in stock one and not the one I ordered. It was all chipped and dirty. The clothing did not fit. The wig was ugly. He had two left (?) feet.

Needless to say, I woke up in a panic. Funny thing is I'm almost all paid off and I'm 6 weeks AHEAD on payments...

19. I dreamed about getting a new doll, but the doll in the dream was not a sculpt I recognize...... *_*

20. I had few of these as well. Once I dreamed that I have Haruhi Suzumiya DD (I was bidding on her at YJA at that time) and that my Sayuri was very happy to have a sister. Other time I dreamed that I have DD Yukino who is very shy and Sayuri was acting like a big sister to Yukino. I also had several dreams of having DD Saber(s) (sometimes it's just about one while at other times I dream that I actually have 4 of them!). Saber is my dream doll so it's not surprising. xD And now I want to have Dollfie Dream so badly! No money for her though. :(