1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Actual stores for BJDs?

Jun 23, 2011

1. Wow, I was totally unaware of that!

That's sad and very irritating!

-
      On topic though - I would love to visit the Volks LA store xP For those who live in CA within reasonable driving/walking distance, you are so darn lucky!

2. Hands down I would rather go to a physical store than shop online, especially for clothing. BJDs' body measurements very vastly from company to company and I hate having to ask or look up threads saying "I have such and such a doll, will the clothes from this company fit him?" I mostly sew for my dolls, but if there was a store that I could take my boys to to try on affordable clothes, I'd rather do that than order online and hope they fit.

Also for the actual dolls, even if they were kept behind glass like jewelry, I think it would be easier to get an idea of how much I really liked it by seeing it in person rather than seeing some of the horrible stock picks I've seen on a lot of websites that don't do the sculpt justice at all. Then, like a ring, I could ask to see a doll I had my eye on and see how they pose and if it'll really fit in with my ideas for it.

So yeah, I think I'd rather shop in person than online, but there aren't any doll shops near me.I know there are a few sprinkled throughout the US, but none in my sleepy little town. Not even sure if there are any in the state of Florida.

3. I would prefer to go to a store to buy dolls and doll items if it were a viable choice. I mean if you have the cnace to go look and decide the doll isn't quite right versus plunking down money and waiting 3 months to find out the same thing...there's no contest. I would not mind adding bjd items into the tea shop dream I have. I would not want to open a doll store becuase I'm located in East Texas. If I was in the DFW metroplex or a larger more savvy area that'd be different, I might actually get some customers!

This said, Texas has a few doll stores! There's one in the Woodlands, but they're more a general doll store than bjd. In Austin there is Kerbey Lane Doll Shoppe (a volks dealer) and another that I can't quite remember. Denton has a small bead store, Baubles and Frills, that carries a few dolls from Bobobie/Resinsoul and some other company.

4. There isn't a store near me for doll things of any kind, but if there was - and they carried BJD items, I'd make a trip. While online shopping makes it easier to access different BJD companies, it's not as good as going to a store. If I can - with almost anything - I'd rather go a physical store than order online. I could bring my doll to actually try on things to see if they fit, instead of maybe hoping they do.

It can sometimes be like pulling teeth to find this information on DoA, because no one knows, or those that do know aren't answering.

I'm not one of those people who is ok with constantly selling items because they're not going to fit.

5. Hehe...
      Well since I live in Denver, Co, I'm lucky enough to have an actual store to buy dolly stuff from. Before that I'd buy online, but to me being able to go in a store has it's perks. No shipping fee's, and also, the ladies that work there are really sweet and helpful. They'll even let you try something on your doll before you buy it! So you know it will fit, and look good. It beats buying something online and having it not fit. And the whole atmosphere is just fun. If you ever find yourself in Denver, go pay DDE a visit!

The first doll meet I ever went to was held in their store.. Good times.

6. mind to bump? :sweat
      i don't mind at all buying from online website / store , but it would be lovely if i can see the real stuff and the quality ~
      though now i'm planning to go to korea to see nine9style offline store (which is adorable!)

7. We have started to put together a google map reference for some of these physical shops.
      Link is here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...mprehensive-Google-Map-Dollie-BJD-Shop-Guide)

At the top someone mentioned a bjd shop in Paris? Could we possibly have the detail of that shop to add to our map? Thanks in advance.

8. I'm heading down to LA in a few days, do you know what the bjd store is called?

9. There is a store near me (Carlisle, PA) that sells doll stuff, but almost none of it is for BJD. It's mostly American Girl, baby dolls, and porcelain. I was there at one point and asked about BJD, they said they've been looking into stocking BJDs or BJD related things. I haven't been by in a while, but when I'm back at school near it in a few weeks I may stop in with a few friends and one of my dolls to see if they've stocked anything yet. Or see if they're even still looking into it. Hopefully if a few of us show interest, they may start stocking some pieces...

10. It would be really nice to have a store to shop from instead having to buy everything from a website in China. It would sure as hell save alot of time and headache. Usually if I want something, I need to plan ahead and factor in a 2 week minimum for waiting. It's annoying. At least with a store I could bring my doll in, see if whatever items I'm considering will fit, if I like the color, and not worry about feedback! UGh. Then again, I get why there isn't that many, there's not like a central point in the US that would get a dense knot of business flow to put in like a Dalmart. As awesome as that would be, I'd just as soon travel and shop there in Paris, Seoul and Tokyo.

Would I open my own if given the opportunity? No, I have neither the wits nor the patience to put up with customers all day, and running a business is very taxing, in more ways than one.

11. I wish there was a storefront for BJDs and their related items around here! I wouldn't mind if it sold Barbie, Tonner, or other kind of dolls, though those don't interest me. I don't think a store could survive off of the small niche that is BJD owners, so if it was more diverse it would have a better chance of staying open.

I'd even be okay with a slight markup over ordering direct from the company. Nothing ridiculous, just a slight one. A store has to pay for overhead, and I've bought things at slightly higher prices at local shops before. It's a way of supporting local business. I think of it as a fee for allowing me to see things in person, and if I'm lucky, maybe even try them out.

12. A brick and mortar store would be awesome to have around, but between online stores, doll meets, and conventions, it feels like I get enough variety. I wish that conventions were more frequent, but doll meets more than make up for it. The doll owners in my life are super kicka** and they make a trip to Hobby Lobby an EVENT!

13. There is a BJD store where I live named Denver Doll Emporium. But you can't just shop around, they blocked so much things off from customers that it makes you NOT want to go to the store. Everything they have is behind counter and in the back and you can't try them on or they don't restock their items for months at a time XP. So I have no choice but to shop online like www.bjdwear.com and ebay (only on a few things like shoes

14. It's about a 4 hour trip from me to Mint On Card and I've always wanted to make the trip to check out their in stock clothes. I plan on going next year if they have their store open for the parties like they did this summer. That would be good for some clothes or shoes, but I like shopping online for the variety.

15. I love both because there is a huge diversity found shopping online but sometimes at phsical stores they give the option of trying things like wigs on your dolls before you buy so you can tell if you like it or not ^_^

16. I would still prefer online shopping to an actual store if there was a store in my state.
      So yeah no store around here(I live around the Houston area too).
      i think owning a bjd shop would be fun, given that I could work with and meet other hobbyists.

17. I don't know of any BJD stores in my area:( But I would love it if there were!
      No shipping and more importantly, no waiting! For me, waiting is the hardest part ;-;

18. I would love to go to a store to buy dresses, shoes and wigs as i can see the quality before i purchase. But as for dolls, i would prefer online. This is because i always need layaway and would never be able to plop down enough money ($400+) upfront in a store. Although it would be lovely to browse a store full of BJD so i can just look and help me decide who i should go online to order :)

19. I'm quite new to the world of BJD's. So new in fact that I'm still in the process of trying to decide on my 1st doll. I would absolutely love the opportunity to see one in real life ;) I'm finding it rather difficult to even narrow down some of the basics like size (sd, msd, etc) & body style (sj/dj). The Internet is wonderful, I've been browsing pics for over a year now, but nothing compares to physically seeing & holding when it comes to making a decision (especially when you've never seen the real thing so to speak) ;)