1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

advice to your past self

Jan 9, 2017

1. The dolls aren't invincible... Yes, they can be sturdy and survive a fall or two on the table without damage but standing them on concrete near a canal, where wind is ever present, is not a good idea. Ever. Same goes for taking photos everywhere where there's wind and you're too far to catch the doll. Or there's too many of them to catch. BE CAREFUL!

2. Please, don't be shy and boring as you usually are and start with the fantasy dolls, you won't regret it and you will have so much fun!

3. To my past self, you should've gotten into this hobby sooner! Research more on how dolls are to be maintained, as they don't simply sit pretty on your shelf; you must take good care of them. Look around at more companies before latching onto a few, you may find some gorgeous sculpts that you thought you wouldn't like!

4. Self, don't sell the Yukinojo or the Bermann 77, no matter HOW much you could use the $$$$!

5. Don't buy the first bjd you see and do not impulse buy other dolls or accessories. Think it through and shell your OCs as they will mean a lot more to you that way.

6. GET IPLEHOUSE TATIANA BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
      lol :sweat

7. Don't obsess about the yellowing or whitening. Just buy the colour you like, if you don't, you'll regret it.

#27 Lilla, Oct 12, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    8. I go along with doing research, do not impulse buy and save for the doll you really want! The main thing I would tell myself is take better care of their boxes and start a permanent place to store COAs!

9. Take your time and only buy the dolls you really, really like. There is no need to rush getting them completed too. And the fewer bjds the better! Quality over quantity.

10. My advice to my past self is
      Don't impulse buy! Don't make purchases that don't fit your OCs, you'll only end up selling them. You'll have horrible stress and anxiety from doll sales and having dolls you have no plans or feelings for. Yes, it's hard when you're in a "I want it, I need it" mode, but it'll pass and it'll be better in the long run, I promise.
      (I just need to actually listen to my own advice)

11. Trust your gut! If a doll excites you, it's the right one. If a potential deal seems too good to be true, it is.

12. Just because two of your core character were comfortably in chosen sculpt even when you're just looking at shop pics, does not mean that the third character will react the same way. Wait for the next sculpt if you still don't feel more than 75% synchronisation between character and shop's doll pics.

And it doesn't matter how popular a company's dolls are among your peers. Keep resisting and stick to the doll style you like. You and your doll will both be happier for it.

And don't be afraid to sew..

#32 Shiniwa, Oct 12, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    13. Be more meticulous about lung protection! (I haven't gotten sick, but safety still matters)

14. Go to tumblr/insta/youtube and look into community discourse BEFORE buying your first doll!!! This market is much different from Monster Highs and any other collectibles you've owned, don't get taken for a sucker!

15. Drop the dude, keep the doll.

16. "Get a delf soony. Just trust me" xD
      Also I guess not so much for the beginning, but all the years to come after. I know which doll I missed and which ones I shouldn't have bought. I'd give past-me a list :B

17. Do not start. Dolls are not drugs, once addicted you can't quit. :lol:

18. That is the sweetest thing I've read all day!!

19. dont buy out of impulsiveness

20. Get the doll you want ASAP otherwise you’ll have a really hard time looking for it afterwards when it’s gone :)