1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

advice to your past self

Jan 9, 2017

1. I would set and stick to a budget!

2. @CPow sometimes the red pigment fades and they turn greenish. My first doll's face, hands and tops of her feet, are all a lighter greener color than the rest of her. :doh I'm not sure how to fix or hide it.

3. Wow, good to know! My dolls are exposed to indirect sunlight. I hope that's not too much light!

4. Don't waste entire nights of potentiel sleep over search for a potential doll when you know perfectly that you won't be able to get the money for several years.
      The dolls that you have found will probably be discontinued before you can afford it.

5. Discontinued doesn't mean that you won't be able to have that doll. A lot of us have found dolls we wanted but were discontinued.

6. I'll correct this by: discontinued and really really REALLY rare on the second hand market-

(I've spend too much of my time on this, 14 years ago XD)

7. I would say to myself to stop with 10 dolls or less. I'm very overcrowded with dolls, and with very limited display area, they tend to get piled on top of each other sometimes. Not good.

8. Make sure my first doll was in sandable resin (the resin that is colored all the way through, instead of a layer of color on top). Much more forgiving to mistakes and scratches, which is very important for first time face up attempts and doll "upsies" that are bound to happen with the first doll (like scratches, they can be sanded off eventually).
      My actual first doll was the non sandable type... I managed to damage her "skin layer" the first time I tried wiping a face up... And the damage was done with cotton ball and brush wash... Luckyly it is on the part of the face plait that goes under a wig anyway, but still - lots of upset.
      Turns out they are WAY more delicate that I ever imagined.

9. Good to know!! Thank you.

10. Research more, even the stuff you think you won’t have any interest in.

I had no interest in Dollfie Dreams because they all looked same-y and somewhat “off” to me (and to some extent, I still feel this way), but one day I came across DDS Alice Kuonji and it completely changed my feelings towards them. If I had discovered her earlier this year, I could have bought her NIB for a very affordable price, and maybe wouldn’t have gone down the bottomless rabbit hole of buying obscenely expensive Azone clothes (which admittedly look really plain compared to Volks’ offerings).