1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Afraid of black wigs?

Apr 24, 2007

1. I think it has to do with the whole colour palette of your dolls face ( make up) eye color, eyebrows AND your preference. It might be that you dont really like a black wig on any of your dolls !

2. Both Artemis and Jack have black hair and brown eyebrows, and I think they look great, Artemis black wig did stain her forehead, but the wig covers it up, I am a little afraid for Jack's head to get stained though. ><

3. I tried so hard to find matching eyebrows for a black wig. I like how Vin looks with his black eyebrow/black wig... and I don't like how Hayden looks with a black wig. He'd look okay if his eyebrows weren't light brown, maybe a bit darker... I don't mind, the look can be carried off with certain dolls easier than others.

4. Both of my boys have black hair and dark eyebrows to match, since the black wigs are their default style. There is a bit of the dreaded greenish staining, but it's near the edge of the headcap, so I could really care less. Their faces are fine.

5. Sometimes it really comes down to personal taste and the character of your doll. It also comes down to what image you want your doll to present. Do you want your doll to look similar to you?

For me, I like the black wig on my Belita so that she and I would look similar. She has dark brown eyebrows and she looks good in it. The black wig and gray eyes were actually inspired by one of her sample photos at the Doll In Mind website. I absolutely love that dark hair and light eyes look! :D

As for my other dolls, it varies. It really depends on what type of character you want them to be or what they project to you. ^_^

6. It all depends on the doll. Zaries here will tell you he looks beautiful as he is. ^_~

[​IMG]

7. Huh, almost all of my dolls either wear black wigs now or have worn black wigs at some point... as long as the eyebrows are black and the faceup doesen't have too much brown, I think black hair looks really good. Try a pinkish-tinted faceup with minimal makeup - black is a really stark, strong color, so you can contrast it with a more delicate faceup. Or try off-black or really dark brown wigs if your doll has brown eyebrows that you don't want to change.

8. I love black wigs. I've found that soaking them minimalises the staining.

Face-up wise, one needs a dark face-up to carry it off. Dark brown brows would work best, I think. Brown-toned shading. Such a scheme would never work for blond and other pale wigs, but they'd work fantastically for the black/dark-brown/auburn wigs. I don't quite like black brows, truth be told. They look too fake.

9. My dolls are characters, and since they are (half) Japanese, their hair is supposed to be black. I love dark haired boys, and the Leeke wig I got for my boy has never stained in the slightest in the year its been on him. ^^ Leeke is supposed to be one of the most staining

10. My Snape won't wear anything but black wigs. Nothing else looks good on him, then with the more extreme make up on him, it makes sense. My Lucius on the other hand wears a bunch of different wigs. Black, white, brown, blonde. They all look good on him.

-anneke

11. I've found that I really only like my girl Serenity in black wigs - she has a pale face-up with blond lashes and brown eyebrows, but i like this as it really contrasts with her hair. She's experimented with being a blonde & a redhead, but we always go back to black! She does have quite an asian look to her, and a broody, melancholic character, so maybe this is another reason why the dark hair suits her so well :)

12. Adrian wears nothing but black wigs, it's part of his character.
      Lailah on the other hand has wigs of just about every colour, including black and looks fine in them all.

I will say this though..black wigs a are a pain in the arse to photograph or so I've found >.<

13. My Zen looked good in black, and his faceup had peachy-pink tones with brown eyebrows. Partly, it's in the faceup, but also your preference, and your doll's character. I have two redheads and 3 of my planned kids will have black hair. I love dark-coloured hair with the exception of blonde on Shin, and so far haven't had any staining issues.

14. Heehee. If anything- I must be afraid of brown wigs because I pretty much just use BLACK wigs- and sometimes blue or white or pink- only once in a blue moon do I use brown! LOL
      [​IMG]
      See? lol...I need to redo my group photo because I'm missing Beth and Samantha, but you get the idea! lol
      I know they look good with normal skin, tanning, and even Alora's pale skin. (Narsha)

15. Personally, I'm not afraid of black wigs, I just don't like them for my dolls. Huntyre has a light-medium brown, and Josiphe has blonde. Most of my dolls will end up being blonde, though when I get my Yder he'll have reddish hair.

I think people that have dolls that can pull off black wigs are a good thing, because I enjoy looking at dolls with dark colored hair, I've just never been a fan of my own with that color hair. -shrug-

16. i have one doll who looks really good in a black wig . she has deep red lips, and dark blue eyes. black is my fav wig on her. one or 2 others look pretty good. my most popular wig that looks on almost all of my (girls )dolls is a reddish brown curly one . however, i thought black would look good on all, but it didnot turn out that way. the brow color and lip color have a big effect. diane

17. I LUV black wigs XDD espeically on BW skin (hey c'mon, Snow White is BW with black hair!!). Both of my white-skinned boys have black hair, and Ying currently still has brown eyebrows. I think it works pretty well.

18. I have many wig colors but NOT black, afraid of staining and I find lighter colors lovelier on cute tiny bjds esp with pinky faceups

19. I have a lot of black-haired characters, which has translated into four (and one incoming) black-haired dolls. I've had as much staining with red wigs as black (red's my other common hair colour obsession, it seems :sweat). None of that staining was difficult to remove.

20. My ONLY problem with black wigs is staining. D: I am udderly terrified to stain my doll! D: Thats why her first wig is blonde. XD Pink is going to be her main color.