1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

aGatti Doll - part 2

Aug 24, 2016

1. yeah I wonder what other bodies might work - not a huge fan of everyone shaping the same...

2. CLOTHES....the all time mistery.
      Would Iplehouse FID clothes fit to MCCC body? Measurements are close. And I cant find any other clothes. Shirts and pants...

3. I would recommend NatZay on Etsy for shirts and trousers. They are made to fit the aGatti body and are pretty good. Can't help you on the FIDs, I'm afraid. Hopefulyl ATYL can.

4. But I only see at NatZay clothes for Mcc body. I should check once more.

5. Ah! Sorry. Didn't see the extra C. Walter has tried her mCC on the mCCC, I think. A bit tight. You could always ask her if she would make for mCCC. She is pretty accommodating.

6. I think Natzay would be happy to make things a little larger to fit mCCC body if you ask. She has been very accommodating to my requests so far.

7. Has anybody heard from Natalya recently? I sent her a payment on 12 June but haven't had a confirmation from her. She hasn't posted any pictures in a while, and I do know that she's moving soon ... but still a bit concerned because she is usually very good about responding.

8. I think she did mention she would not be accessible for awhile so probably just in a remote location.

9. So am I remembering right and another MCC preorder (Guarvo and Ilya heads) is expected in 2018? One chart on her Flickr had Guarvo and "Vampire Guarvo" listed for the end of this year, so maybe it will be sooner. I know she just had the MCCC body preorder, but I prefer the slimmer body.

So far I like Guarvo best, although like others here I feel the bridge of his nose is a bit wide. I know that she's modded heads for customers in the past, but with her increased production, I wonder if she still does that? I don't want to seem rude by asking her to change her own sculpt, which is already lovely!

Regardless, I will keep an eye on her Flickr page. I'm planning on sculpting a highly realistic female bjd of about 40-44cm (something like aGatti's Anna/Ntombi, but more delicate, and with faces more like Lutsenko Dolls' "Sophie" and the Natalie Lovesa dolls - very Russian, even though I'm a US artist!). These are the most realistic mini males I've ever seen, so I definitely want her to be compatible with them.

10. If you make a doll that looks like Loseva, I will be your slave forever! I have nagged her about possibly selling blanks for us customisers, but she is pretty adamant that it is full sets only. But, oh! How I love those faces!

I have lost track of what is coming up (or, rather, trying not to look, as I seem to acquire an additional head from most POs). I do remember a vampire Guarvo being on the cards, though, which will be pretty much irresistible, I suspect.

11. Ha, if you liked my work, @MadamMauMau, I would be HIGHLY honored! Your dolls are amazing! The Lovesa dolls are pretty much my ideal in terms of faces, but they are just too expensive for me (and like you, I wouldn't buy full sets).

We'll see how it goes! I haven't sculpted much, but I draw/paint/sew, and I'm willing to work very hard for the "perfect" representation of my vision!

Vampire!Guarvo does sound pretty fun! I would like to see him, even if I would prefer Human!Guarvo for the sake of versatility.

12. Baw, thank you. Let us know progress. I am intrigued.

And, here, have an Alfarr. I did his first faceup (it generally takes a couple to "get it" when it's a striking face). He stole the wig from my Misha. He will have the standard long black wig of a vampire. I have the fibre, just need to find the motivation. No name yet, but I'm working on it.

[​IMG]

13. Very nice! I love the delicate colors! I look forward to seeing him in his proper wig, since I imagine it will really flatter his pale skin. Is he a No. 2 skin like your Guarvo or No. 1?

By the way, I know the knee and elbow joints are not your favorite, and, looking at more pictures today, it seems to me that because the elbow joint is large, it makes the upper arm look a bit too long proportionally when the arm is bent (like it should bend higher/the elbow shouldn't go so low next to the waist, if that makes sense). Photos can distort easily, though, so I might be wrong! And even if I'm right, that's hardly a big flaw.

14. I find the joints to be bulbous and obtrusive. I also find that, what they provide in flexibility, they lose in stability. This affects standing (the lower leg wants to splay out) and you need to take care to line the three parts of the arm up when posing it, or you get a crooked, "broken bones" line. I am interested to see what the next generation of joints looks like.

15. Thank you for that perspective! I'm still interested in a MCC Guarvo or Ilya, but maybe once I see him in person I'll be able to tweak the joints a bit! We'll see. It's great to hear from someone who has actually handled them, since you can only gather so much information from photos and videos (I've only seen two on Youtube).

16. I did a review of the mCC here, which gives you the low down on the body.

17. Only three more heads and I will have filled the box!

[​IMG]

18. Haha, that's great! It could be a modern art piece! "Egg Heads" or, "What Do You Call The Brainiest Guys In The Room?"

Thank you for the excellent review of the aGatti MCC body, by the way! I have enjoyed reading and re-reading it, but I didn't manage to reply because of art commission deadlines (too soon!!).

19. Oh, Max. You crack me up.

20. Oh, Walter, that was eggcellent. A very funny yoke. I shell laugh and laugh. OK. Enough, now.

@StellaMarigold glad the review was useful. I might be sorely tempted to buy another body when the elbows and knees are changed. I realise they don't bother everyone, but I would like to see what this would look like with a different jointing system.

ETA: I have a sudden, irresistible urge for Natalya to do a Sebastian Stan portrait head. Do you think if we shut our eyes and wished REALLY hard, it might happen?

#380 MadamMauMau, Jul 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2017