1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

aGatti Doll - part 2

Aug 24, 2016

1. Ceejay she is wearing a Monique wig, I am at work but I can find the style name when I get home if you like. I have also ordered some of the Iplehouse wigs.

2. For the mCC boys, I found a Monique 4-5 to be the best fit, in terms of not giving that Big Hair look you get with wefted wigs on a small scale and not going over the ears (one of my pet hates). So, I would think that would be plenty large enough for the girls. However, it took quite some effort to get it on and to get it to stay on. That's fine for me, as I am a detail freak and would rather spend ten minutes levering a wig on than days looking at a tiny head being swamped with hair. But, my priorities are not the same as those of others and I know there are many who would rather have a wig go on easily and don't mind the hairy look.

Alfie, yes, I have been looking at mini easels since that suggestion. Great!

3. [​IMG]

My Ntombi is albino, she finally got almost finished look. I think about her wig, but... I`ll make another one - snow white color

4. @VictoriaSam - your girl is stunning :) What kind of hair will you try for the white wig?

5. Thank you! Hair is sewn on the beanie - I took white synthetic yarn from the website http://formydoll.com
      I think the white snow color it will be much better :)

6. As requested, Ntombi on Raccoondoll body standing next to Misha, not a very good photo but I didn't have much time and back to work tomorrow.

[​IMG]

7. Elf eeeeeeaaaaaars!

Ahem. Sorry.

8. Hey! :aeyepop:When did he sprout those?:XD:.......

@MadamMauMau - Hmmmmm......I'm guessing by the sheer tone of your response....that you ;)don't like elf ears.;)

9. I am generally neutral on them, but they look excellent on him. Would I like him better without? Possibly, but that is one incredible face and the ears are very well done.

10. Didn't think that I'd want an elf - but I think that I might now...........
      A gorgeous face

11. I am probably in the same boat. I am saying to myself that the elf ears are a good reason to skip this one, but then I look at the face... Let's see which side wins (and how much there is in the bank) when he goes up for PO. Heads don't count really, do they? :lol:

12. It's a beautiful face, no doubt about it, and hardly surprising given the exceptional quality of her work. XD I definitely won't be going for the elf ears though. I associate the features with all of her work with being distinctly human, which is kind of a funny thing to say given that elves don't actually exist. :lol: Nonetheless, I'd except something more fine-boned and finer-featured for an elf versus a fair human male. Heck, even Orlando Bloom, who imo pulled off a male elf pretty well, could've been juuuuust a little bit more fine-boned, although that goes into the realm of impossibility because humans aren't built that way for practical reasons. :XD: I suppose that's what dolls are for! While it's true that there are many of those "fantasy" elven types that fit what I'm describing, I dunno, they aren't exactly right to me either, because their realism is clearly not all the way there. I do believe it's feasible to create a creature of fantasy that'd look "right" in our world, and if anyone's capable of it, Agattielle's definitely one of those. This one in my opinion isn't it though, but it's totally valid it for others he is the perfect physical manifestation of an elf. :)

13. This is the trouble when an artist depicts a fantasy creature that means a lot to us. If it is slightly off what our vision is, it is unbearable. I can't read most vampire books or see most vampire films for the same reason. I keep leaping up to say "But it's not supposed to be like that!" Funnily enough, vampire dolls don't hit me the same way and I can just go "Meh" and move on. But I do understand that feeling very well.

14. @MadamMauMau and @sno4wy I also understand that feeling as well. Part of me is always poking fun at the fantasy creatures - partly because of the wonderful Terry Pratchett Discworld series - but even there - there are definite ideas in my head of what things should look like. Discworld Elves were quite ugly really - it was their projected "glamour" that made them enticing - drop that and they were a very unattractive race - but that was the satirical Discworld for you -lots of things were topsy turvy. I find it very difficult and disappointing to see a film of some of my most favourite books - whether real or fantastical as they never match up to what is in my head

15. Luckily for me, I have no strong feelings with respect to elves. I have had one elf doll, who didn't last long. I do currently have two Half Elves, so I suppose that makes a whole one. :lol:

So, yes, I have no preconceptions about what elves are like, so this chap is as much like an elf as any other. The only reason I would be more tempted with a head with human ears is for the versatility. The elf ears limit him to being a fantasy character. But that's OK. I'm sure I could do something with that.

16. I also don't have any attachment to elves, and I can't ever see myself owning an elf doll because I'm just not that into them. XD Even in fantasy settings I invariably find myself being drawn to the human variant the most. Guess I'm unimaginative like that. ;P

While I love all of the head sculpts that Agattielle's made, I'm waiting for "Mr. Right" to come along. :lol: After he comes, if he ever does, I'll get the others to fit around him. XD Weird approach, I know.

17. I think it blatantly unfair that the elves are always being thought of as better looking than the dwarves.

(This message brought to you by the dwarves are for the dwarves committee. )

18. I don't think they're better looking, just different looking. o:

19. that is speciescist and prob against the campaign for height as well. I think we are carrying on with the Discworld aren't we?:lol:

#39 ceejay, Sep 21, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 21, 2016