1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

aGatti Doll - part 2

Aug 24, 2016

1. Hello Everyone,

May I join you? I've been watching this thread and checking Flickr for news of the latest releases from Agatti. So enjoy seeing all of your wonderful cast of characters you have created. From the sublime to the dark and dangerous, they offer so much reality to choose from. Trying to decide which resin color to choose for one of the now available males. Does anyone have a photo of one of the darker shades with an Iple realskin, or Fairyland tan perhaps? The men look so good in the darker tones, but not sure just how deep a hue they might be.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer... and please show more of your fabulous Agatti crews!

2. thanks for the link Max. i did mange to find these so looks like between all your suggestions i have at least 3 i can choose from. this helps a lot! thank you!
      so guys... am i correct to assume none of the agatti dolls are limited? i've always been led to believe that they are limited releases. is there always a hope of re release? i'm sort of on the fence about Guarvo *__* he's kinda alluring and there are some really awesome faceups of him out there that really aren't helping me walk away. i may have opened a new can of worms with purchasing alfar since i was already having problems keeping the numbers down in my SD/ 70+ collection...i'm so doomed.

3. There is a limited sculpt in each release (I think I am right in saying). So, the ones I can think of are Tom Hiddleston, Misha Collins, RDJ erm... more. Anyway, Guarvo isn't limited, although there was talk of the next release being a vampire Guarvo, which is something different and might be limited. It is a pretty versatile sculpt. It is a realistic face without being too distinctive. There is a lot you can do with it. Not trying to persuade you or anything. :lol:

4. :P good job NOT persuading me mate! definitely don't want him now!!! i'm going to get cozy and wait...maybe the urge to own him will leave by the time he comes back around!
      on i different note, have you guys felt the need to sued your boys? i ended up doing so today...he just didn't want to stand!

5. Yep. Had to hot glue suede knees, hips and ankles as the legs slip all over the place. Works a treat.

6. Her celebrity lookalike dolls are always limited but her own faces are unlimited. I wonder if this is to avoid any problems with copywrites to person’s likeness? Other companies seem less concerned with this or get around it by using a different name from the person who’s likeness it is.

7. I have followed her all this time and never clocked that that is the rationale behind which head is limited. :lol: Wow. Resin has clearly rotted my brain.

8. I think I’m falling in love with the Santino and Alex sculpts. What is the average shipping rate from Russia to the States? Also, does aGatti do layaway?

#568 bananapudding, Dec 29, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    9. She does do layaway but she got burned by people not paying on time last preorder so that might change things in future. Shipping rate for my Vincent was $45.

10. Thanks for the info. That’s really horrible that people didn’t keep their word.

#570 bananapudding, Dec 31, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    11. good observation :P well...using a different name would definitely get them off the hook *thinking very specifically of Doll Granado*
      i'm with you on this....endlessly. i feel like the end result of everything do is rewarding myself with time for resins, buying resin, playing with resin, etc..... this is hopeless!

12. ^This. So much this. But isn't it great to have a hobby that is such a reward? Had a hectic and challenging time over Christmas and, after one more trip to sort things out, my plan is to reward myself this afternoon by getting the paint brushes and pastels out. Very much looking forward to it. Might even squirrel away some time to put a resin in front of a lens soon, too. So, yeah, great to have a whole set of activities to turn to.

13. Okay, I think I want to order an Alex sculpt, but I don't quite understand how to order through Agatti. I see that the deadline for the first half of total payment is due no later than February 10th. How do I go about paying and making an order? I didn't see an order form on Agatti's Flickr. Thanks in advance!

14. I thought this round have to be paid off by the 10th february XD But I think she will answer you if you write her a pm. She is very helpful and answered all my stupid questions about her dolls very quickly

15. That actually makes more sense, thanks! I guess I’d better get my stuff together. I’ve seen on this thread and the archived one that she takes Paypal, hopefully that’s still the case? I should have my funds together in a few days.

16. I order by writing to her on Flickrmail with what I am wanting to order. Then she replies with the total amount to send by Paypal and then I write back when I have paid. She writes back when the doll is ready to ship. I have also corresponded by email. Her email address is [email protected]

17. I'm not having any luck with the Flickr PMs to her, and have tried the [email protected], also. Wrote the first day the preorder was up and then again a few days ago, but have no response. Trying desperately to figure out what to do... Natalya's dolls are so wonderfully sculpted and everyone's photos of them have been so fabulous. Would so appreciate any ideas you might have...

18. Thanks for the info @Therealwalter! I heard from Agatti a few days back, but haven't gotten answers to my follow up questions. So I thought I'd ask here, I really do want to order, I just want to be clear on the process before I do.
      @Sherry, here's hoping we both get the answers we seek! :)

Edited to add: Just to clarify, I'm not concerned about the lack of response since everyone is just getting back to the daily grind after the holidays. I just want to be as well-informed as I possibly can be, so I don't have to take up a ton of aGatti's time when I place my order.

#578 bananapudding, Jan 4, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    19. Hmm, I wrote her couple weeks ago. And she never answred me. I have Tony preordered, But she didnt have right shipping quote for me, because she waited for new boxes and didnt know how much the weight. So I payed just for doll. But never got qote for shipping. So I wrote her, when she posted photo of unstrung dolls, but no answer.

20. As bananapudding said, we are all getting back into the swing of things after the festive season, so give her a chance. When she is busy, she can take a few days to answer. Sometimes, when she has no news, she won't answer until she has. This is one person with a day job to manage as well, so just give her time.