1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

aGatti Doll - part 2

Aug 24, 2016

1. Handsome is as handsome smells. Or something.

I like the elf guy too but have made way too many impulse buys this year and had to draw a line. It's that or the food line at a homeless shelter for impractical doll shoppers.

P.S. "The dwarves are for the dwarves" is a quote from C.S. Lewis The Last Battle in which the stubborn dwarves condemn themselves to a hellish existance confined in a small dark hut for eternity because they refuse to open the door and step out into the paradise that awaits them. It is one of the most profound theological allegories in his Narnia books IMO.

#41 Therealwalter, Sep 21, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    2. Hi guys, I completely don't have time for my dolls, I won't even mention any activities on the forum, or even this thread.
      Nobody missed me, so it's grand :D
      I need to say "bye" to some of my dolls, due to some financial needs.
      I was making some doll photos, so I also took out Shiki and played with him a bit - just for fun :)
      Probably some of you, saw it already on Flickr, but I thought I will let you all know, I'm still alive, and from time to time, I'm checking this thread :)
      [​IMG]
      Sorry for messy English...I'm really tired recently with all the changes and turbulence in my life and didn't have to many chances to talk with other ppl in other language than my own lol.

3. That is an awesome photo.

Sorry to hear life has been rough. I have also been selling dolls. No money! At least we have those sorts of assets that we can liquidise pretty quickly. I for one am grateful for that. Silver linings, and all of that.

4. I hope you have better times ahead. Best wishes to you, hane. You are very talented and certain to land on your feet.

5. Sorry to hear that @hane . I hope things get better and you have plenty of support.
      Lovely photo of Shiki, and I have certainly missed you and doses of your wonderful artwork to drool over
      It's me that bought some 8mm eyes off Etsy from you recently and they are on their way to me now.

6. thanks a lot for your kind words - I really appreciate it :)
      I'm glad also you like what I did on that photo :)

ceejay - thank you for your support :) I've hope you will like the eyes :)

Madam - Yeah, sometimes dolls are good assets, but recently not really. It will be great, if someone will actually adopt one of my dolls :P but right now, no one is interested tho :<

7. Hi guys I haven't been very active on doa lately. My ntombi is getting a face up right now and can not wait to show you guys.

Does any one know the size of ntombi eyes?

8. Wow, I'm super behind in this thread but I saw the mention of elf ears and I had to have a look. He is absolutely gorgeous and I adore elves!

9. 6mm or 8mm depends on your preference. The eyes she came with are 8mm with about a 3mm iris.

10. OMG, her WIP of the newest guy... is that an aquiline nose I see in his profile sketch?

He might... he might be the one for me. Be still my beating heart... >_>

11. Oooh. The new guy does look good. I missed out on her last preorder and still haven't done a lot with the girls. I wonder if this is for the slim body or the beefy body.

12. If it could be possible, her sculpting is becoming even more assured.

So, who is this Vincent chap based on, I wonder? Nice, aquiline features. Bit of the Cumberbatch to him.

So, two new ones for the mCC body. I wonder if there will be a third or whether they will be offered with Guarvo and/or Ilya? I am out, unfortunately, as Triffony Artwork are releasing another one of those unmissable dolls and I don't even have money for that. :lol: Ah well. If that is too expensive, I might get an elf head as consolation.

13. @MadamMauMau - Are you talking about her new project, "Alex"? Because if so, color me interested as well! XD

Is there a thread for her, btw? I never paid much attention because I wasn't interested in the sphynxes.

14. No the kids (who may not be discussed on pain of...I don't know what). I made a Triffony thread here. Alex hasn't really come up in discussion yet as he hasn't got very far. However, he is shown on the website, so I am hopeful.

15. If I trust the comments, and with the help of Google Traduction, it seems he is based on Vincent Cassel, a french actor.
      I may be wrong, but is seems plausible.

16. Oh yes! I know of Vincent Cassel. Yes, yes. I can see that.

17. [​IMG]

That is Vincent Cassel in the Beauty and the Beast - 2014 - image off the iMDb

[​IMG]

18. Yep, there goes my money.

19. So Vincent, being a portrait sculpt, will only be a one-time release, right?

Also, are the heads for mCC versus mCCC bodies not interchangeable?

20. I don't think portrait sculpts are automatically single release. Mr Hemsworth was the LE from last period, but Mr Evans seemed not to be. I am thinking Elf Man might be the LE this time round. I have no basis for thinking that, so probably best to ignore me and wait for the announcement.

I have a vague recollection of that being asked about the bodies and that the answer is no. See if neck sizes are listed and compare. Natalia is also very good at answering questions on Flickr, if you are on there.