1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

aGatti Doll - part 2

Aug 24, 2016

1. Ah, this helps to know. I was thinking something must be wrong with my sending the email and PMs. If she works full time, and does the sculpts on the side, plus trying to handle all the everyday chores it explains how busy her life can be. @bananapudding, like you, just don't want to take up a lot of her time, but do want to place an order securely. :3nodding:

@margitan, I see you are getting a Tony! Good luck with your order also. It's good to know you were able to pay.

Max, :) Thanks so much for the explanation! It really is reassuring to know that it does take longer at times, and not that something has gone wrong with getting a message through. It was your photo and work with the Agattis that first caught my eye a good while back. The strong realism, character and intensity combined with the anatomy done so well has a calling all it's own. I for one, am looking forward to what you are working on now in those photographs!

Many thanks to all of you for your response! Now to settle down and wait for news...

2. Okay, I'm just about ready to order. I had a couple questions about the resin colors. I can't seem to get really good owner pictures of the colors. I'm assuming No. 1 is very pale, No. 2 is mid tone and No. 3 is tan. Does anyone know if colors 2 & 3 look anything like Luts light tan? I have a doll in Luts light tan and I'm not a fan of that color, so I want to avoid anything like it if possible.

Also, I'd like to get at least one pair of extra hands. Are the extra hands also compatible with the MCC body? I read something about one hand option having a jointed thumb. Does anyone know if that option is still available, and if so what should I reference when I order? Thanks all!

3. I have number 2 and it is a slightly darker, slightly more intensely pink version of standard normal skin type colour. No tan to it at all.

My understanding is you can only order hands if they are offered in the PO. She needs to get a certain number of orders for each bit before it is cast, so is unlikely to be able to cast just one set. She might have some spares kicking around. The hands with the articulated thumbs are for the mCC body. I have a pair (even though I have yet to get around to using them).

4. Thank for the info! I'm thinking I may just go with No. 2. if I'm not mistaken hands are listed on the PO for $30 a pair.
      Do you know what the procedure is for submitting an order to aGatti via PayPal?

5. Email her, she will tell you how much you owe and confirm her PP email address and off you go! And looks as though the hands offered here are fist and articulated thumb hand ("wanking hand", as it's known in my household). As both were made for the mCC, not the mCCC, they look a little small, particularly the fist.

[​IMG]

6. Thanks! I'm assuming her email address is the one I've seem floating around this thread? I love that articulated thumb! If I ever get a mCC doll I know which hands I want. :)

7. I finally got my order in and confirmed, 1 Alex in No. 2 Resin with holding hands. Thanks for the guidance, all!

One more question, it looks like the aGatti mCCC body is similar in measurement to the Iplehouse FIDs. Does anyone know if the mCCC guys can wear FID clothing? Thanks!

8. Checking in to see if anyone from the previous order has any shipping notice yet... Did you see the latest post on aGatti's plans for the next order? She is trying to decide whether or not to offer Alfarr and Daniele this time. So if on the lookout for one, be sure to let her know you are interested.

Max, did you manage to get that time in on a face that you were hoping to?

9. No still no word from her. Even never got answer about how much should i pay for shipping for my Tony.

10. She will only charge shipping when it is all ready to go. I am not expecting anything before Feb, given what she said. I have no idea how she is going to progress with this. I would set a deadline for the final layaway payments (and I would have had it already long since gone). Those who don't cough up by then lose their doll. Then sell the extras on Flickr. Anyway, we wait and see.

Oooh, Guarvo vampire and deer! I already have a Guarvo, but looking forward to seeing those. Who is Edmund? I don't have the plan handy.

[​IMG]

And I got to carving my first Blythe, so I did manage to get some creative reward time in. Yay!

11. Alfarr qwq

Vampire Guarvo sounds intresting. Human Guarvo is already on my maybe list. Ah they are like yosds. Addicting and never can be alone. And I thought my wallet would be safer after turning to fashion size

Still one week till I can order my Alex head u.u

12. Ah, @margitan, was hoping for some good news of aGattis making their way home. Perhaps as Max says, it won't be too much longer. With the order period ending early February, that would make sense.

Max, I have to agree with you here. Set a deadline and explain that the doll is forfeited, if not paid by that time. It puts a strain on the artist and their ability to continue work, if not paid as agreed. There are times when something unexpected can happen. Those need to be worked out with her.

Blythe? Okay.. the first thing that comes to mind is... That big headed one. Somehow or another, I wouldn't have put the two of you together. ... Insane idea? :wiggle Just who are you working on?

13. Vampire Guarvo does sound intriguing! I don't remember an Edmund, so he must be completely new!

Does anyone remember if Ilya was a limited head? He looks very similar to Guarvo, but has a somewhat more anxious face due to his more furrowed brows - I like sad dolls haha.

I wonder what "Project D" is!

14. Ilya was not limited so presumably may come back at some point.

15. I'm glad to hear that! Thank you!

16. i also agree with Max.... this should just be standard practice. if you have a payment plan, pay on time or forfeit the doll (any other item really) and understand you're not going to be refunded either. this is actually the policy i have with all my clients that ask for a payment plan for their orders...it's never failed so far. mind you working through etsy might be different than working from Paypal. i know paypal's policies are less artist friendly and the artist must indicate that the work is a commissioned art piece in the terms and conditions on an invoice to cover their butt if the buyer decided to pull a fast one. i know Mr. Cho allegedly had several paypal claims against him that made his life difficult as well and delayed his plans for his boys' production...something he was apparently dealing with till very recently. shame....who are these odd balls that don't seem to understand the hobby!?

is there a voting booth for these aGatti options? i'd vote alfarr.... though vampire guarvo also sounds intriguing. X_X i hope he has teeth behind him lips , not the kind that pinch the bottom lips though x_x

17. I think the Guarvo variants are certain. It's whether the standard sculpt is Daniele or Alfarr. I reckon Alfarr would sell better. It is one of her most stunning sculpts so far, imho. Feel as though I should photograph mine this weekend and see if I can persuade people. :lol:

Edmund is a new sculpt, but I wonder who he is on the chart of actors that was drawn up all that time ago. Is Edmund a Twilight char? Wondering if the vamp variant is telling us anything.

18. Aiiii! Not Twilight! (it's Edward in Twilight, though).

Looking at her chart (which you helpfully posted here https://denofangels.com/threads/agatti-doll.659954/) I don't know all the names, but I do recognize Eddie Redmayne. Maybe his real name is Edmund?

She has a "Samuel" listed for the MCCC body - I wonder if it is Samuel L. Jackson! I'd love to see her take on him, he has a great face.

19. I did, didn't I? Knew it was somewhere.

Hm. Not Reddie Edmanye, as it's on the mAA and he is in the mB section. I have to confess that I don't recognise a number of the people in the mAA section and those I do recognise I couldn't name. Any of those an Edmund?

And, yes, I was thinking Samuel must be Samuel L Jackson, who is in the mCCC section.

@MaryamDN, I would post a comment on her Flickr with your vote. Seems to be the way to do it. I also hope the vampire has credible teeth, which is a very difficult thing to do unless he has his mouth wide open, like Infernale. Otherwise, how do you show the sharp incisors without making them look like those orange peel teeth you used to do as a kid or a severe overbite? I am looking forward to seeing what she does with them.

20. thanks Max, i think i will actually... i feel it for these independent artists that are being abused like this. it's so much stress handling commissions and taking on a layaway isn't a no-brainer for the artist. it requires management and communication with clients takes tremendous time as it is. i work as an artist full time! i kid you not, i spend on AVERAGE 3 hours a day responding to clients and doing administrative work (that doesn't include designing the actual product, preparing labels and packaging, etc... which also take incredible number of hours). adding payment plans is a commitment and another level of complexity for the artist, that's why people often don't offer it.

hmmm see vampire khan from DS has those teeth but his bottom lip hung so low that he resembled a loose corps more than a vampire. but you look at hoe much of DS Amanda's teeth are visible and one could easily place lovely and visible vampire teeth behind her lips. Switch is also doing that with their holy version boys. i'm not big on their heads but the teeth concept works.now that's some tiny details but i'm quite optimistic it would work if aGatti chose to go with it. i would SO love to mod my Soom Narmer to have teeth like that...fortunately i don't trust my eyes to be able to handle that scale of sculpting and fine tuning...they seem to have gotten weaker still :/

also just posted my very long monologue on their Flickr....hope they don't mind <___< i have a very black and white approach to layaways...it comes off as a bit abrasive but i think it's only fair.

#600 MaryamDN, Jan 19, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2018